Was Pete Carroll right about Sanchez?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Since it appears that Sanchez won't exactly wow anyone in his rookie season, I have to put this to the group. Was Pete Carroll right in saying Sanchez wasn't ready for the pros? Judging from the Kid's performance this season, you might agree. Then again, you might want to reserve judgement until the end of his sophomore season, or even his rookie contract.

What say you TGG...?

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It may have been too early. Doesn't mean he is going to suck every year though. I remember reading about Palmer and how he said sitting on a bench for a year helped him get used to the NFL speed. Sanchez did not get that luxury. Next year he will have less excuses as he should start getting up to speed.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO it is to early to tell since Sanchez has not had the benefit of a qualified QB coach. Once someone in our organization realizes that fact & goes out & spends the money to get one & Sanchez has the benefit of that coach for at least one season then we can then judge him.

In other words step one is to ax Shitenheimer on the day after the 09 season terminates for us

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

How many rookies are ready for their first NFL season!?

I would have preferred to see him sit on the bench this year though... ala Palmer and many others who found it very useful...

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

he was right, but i don't think very many qbs come out of college ready for the pro's.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Based on rookie QB play in the history of the NFL, Sanchez is a a complete and utter bust. Everyone knows, especially Jet fans, that rookie QB's are supposed to come into the NFL and light it the fuck up.

7. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Nonsense, I present Dan Marino and to a lesser extent Ryan and Flacco. 3 in the last 30 years.... it's simple.

8. quadcityjetsfan76

While I agree a QB coach is a valid need, do you think we would fire him immediately, or wait for the HC hiring to happen in the league. Schotty was a darkhorse candidate for a couple jobs last year. Do you think the front office would purposely hurt his value by firing him, before allowing him the opportunity to get a HC job?

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Since that Miami interview several years ago when Cam Cameron got the job I do not think he has gotten another interview for a HC position.

As BP wisely said some years back U R what ur record says U R & that applies to Shitenheimer as well as any other coordinator. All I care about is making the NYJs true SB contender & have not the slightest worry in the world if Shitenheimer nevers is a coordinator again in the NFL. Ur only concern should be making the NYJs the strongest possible team & a worthy SB contender. If that means removing Shitenheimer so be it!

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Is your priority helping Schotty find a job or getting the best possible OC and give him as much time as possible to work with El Sancho?

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if he listened to carroll and stayed,there would be some teams fans having this conversation in exactly one year.the best thing is to play as soon as possible and as much as possible.there is no substitute for experience.i expect a much better season in 2010.something in the lines of 24tds-10 ints.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

yeah i have given up trying to convince other jets fans of stuff like this. i truly believe this team could go 19-0 and win the superbowl 21-20 and we would have people bitching that we needed to win the superbowl by more than one point for it to be legit.

13. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

what rookie comes out ready for the pros?

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Pete Carroll is a whiny bitch. He was upset at Mark Sanchez for leaving early because he knew it would ruin his chances at a national title shot.

USC had mediocre quarterback play this season without Sanchez and the Trojans struggled.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll is a fuckoff. It's Schitty's fault that Sanchez looks like shit.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Wow and I figured you for an angry sarcastic post, like mine. Never thought you would give the real answer to Pete Carroll's stupid arrogant comment.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

See, now you get it! lol OMG we should be 19-0 this season.

Edit: check out CKNY6's sig if you get the chance. It sums up nicely what you just said. :lol:

#17 Miamipuck, Dec 26, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  18. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Pete Carroll knew he was fucked at the QB position, thats why he said what he said.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

the learning curve would've been smaller , but he would still ahve to adjust... its a decent move by rex to toss him in there.

20. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I still think Caroll said it to get Sanchez to stay at USC cuz he needed him. Sanchez wasn't ready to set the NFL on fire, but he's been fine.