It's got to be on Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Dec 20, 2009.

1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't care for shotty's playcalling either. But if the defense is going to challenge you to beat them through the air you need to be able to pass the ball effectively. Our passing game is just not up to that challenge yet. And the weakest part of our offense is our QB - I don't want to kill him, its just that he is a rookie who has not developed into a good NFL QB at this stage. Simply a fact. Go ahead and flame me sanchez fans.

2. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

They simply did not get Jones in a rythym, and the play where Mangold pulled and allowed a crease that gave TJ 13 yards should have been done all game long........:shit:

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He had 19 carries for 50 yards. He had negative plays and plays for nothing all game long. We ran two Wr sets and brought in an extra tight end. We ran more plays had the better TOP but we couldn't get the runnning game going when we had the lead. Their D stopped our running game and our D with the right call on 4th and 4 blew the coverage. That coupled with 3 missed FG two of them which were blown before the kick was the key reason we lost this game.

Sanchez got us the lead with a great pass to Edwards. He didn't play particularly well but he didn't cost us this game.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good analysis, but my concern is that he seems to be regressing, not improving, and the team more and more tries to make up for his inabilities. An average Sanchez day seems to be 9 for 17 for 150 with 1 td and 3 picks. Thats not worth 50 mil and is not NFL caliber play. I know he is learning, but how about a 22 for 30 for 375 and 3 tds? Just once, to give something to hang our hats on for the future?

5. onefanjet

I agree that would really be great to see, and have that glimmer of hope to hang on to, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record.... but it has been said that the greats, Aikman, Manning times two etc. had miserable 1st seasons as well. I personally have not watched those players/seasons, maybe some of you guys on the board have and could shed some light. Is Sanchez progressing as some of the Greats did?

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Pathetic. Just pathetic.
    I was at the game and sadly had the gut feeling, as i'm sure you all did, that this game had 10-7 loss written all over it.
    I know we have to give him a pass because he's a rookie but i'd like to beat the shit outta Sanchez tonight!

7. WildDuckCT

WildDuckCT Active Member

If Clemens starts today, take that 65 yd TD off the board.

8. onefanjet

could you? ouch... I don't think I wanna see that one.....

It might be like someone picking you up and saying..."C'mon Dorothy....get up, fights over...."

:up::shit::beer::lol:

9. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I have liked Schotty, but I hated his play calling today. The scariest thing so far is the Sanchez is no better today than he was in week one. He might be worse.

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

This thread is a joke.

Jay Feely and KC left 9 points on the field...nuff said.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Don't forget James Dearth who was the biggest culprit of all.

12. onefanjet

This thread is no more a joke than YOU, and or half the others that are just venting their frustrations at todays game.... it's an outlet man, an outlet........

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It was an all-component failure on the FG team today. Clemens bobbled the first snap. Feely missed a gimme on the second, and Dearth snapped high on the third. There was no good reason for any of those attempts to be missed.

14. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

I've been saying this all year. Wait until next week, I'm sure they will top this one.

This is one thing you can always count on being a Jet fan. Oh and "Tijuana turnover" throwing a pick.

15. deef

deef Member

Give him a Tecmo Bowl playbook instead.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Let's trade for Jamarcus Russell in the off-season and suck dick for ever.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The Qb throws 3 interceptions in a 3 point loss, leading the team to only one TD, and people here want to give him a pass on the loss?

Wow.

Is 3 ints a game the new standard of "average" play from a Qb? It isn't on any other NFL team I can think of, certainly not the winning ones.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

The key reason we lost this game was Sanchez's INT's. The D responded each time, but I think the excuses are getting ridiculous now. So, every other unit, every other player has to play a perfect game now? And Sanchez gets a free pass because he's a rookie?

Please.

19. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Nobody should give Sanchez a pass. Do you watch the post game interviews? He always puts it all on him. Why should we be any different?

Sure special teams sucked. But its all on Sanchez. Had he played just a little bit better this game would have been lopsided.

All the games actually. If he didnt make these "rookie mistakes" there is no telling where this team would be. 14-0 maybe!

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Three scoring chances....zero points.