Chad Henne vs Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zor, Dec 14, 2009.

1. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Well, expecting either one to live up to that of a HoFer is just unfair to both of them. I think either one of us would be happy with a Pro Bowler...

2. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Sanchez is more athletic than Henne. I'll definitely give him that...

And no, I'm just debating about football. What else is a football message board for? lol

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It was early hype, around the time O'Brien was nearing 21-6 as starter--similar to the Chad/Joe Montana comparisons after his first 8 or 9 games. People always aim high when a new QB comes in and is successful right away, I guess.

No, as I mentioned Henne reminds me a lot of O'Brien, more likely to take a sack then throw a bad ball, where Sanchez is the opposite like Marino was. Sanchez moves better than all of them and gets rid of the ball fast, he just needs to channel that away from making mistakes and forcing it. I think both guys seem to understand the game well and will be ok with the mental side of it, from what we've seen.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Henne doesnt necessarily scare me, but back to Henne, that Saints game he was absolute garbage in the 4th absolute, he let that team come back and win that game, Buffalo game was no different, but i'm not gonna sit here and bash Henne all day, he's a game manager and will win games for you if in the correct situation, I wouldn't take him if your down 2 scores and are forced to throw 30+ times, but I do believe that the CS has put him in a situation where hes not asked to do much as with Shotty the world sometimes revolves and (and ends) around Sanchez, that man put Sanchez in a shitty spot during November there's no way around it, Kudos to the Dolfins staff for putting Henne in a position to succeed not to fail...

With that said, i'm still taking our 23 year old QB with much more potential to put his team on his back when nothing is working out then Henne, i've seen too much of him in college to make me think he won't be as good as Sanchez, i'm just not convinced yet, for some reason Sanchez may not have sold me yet, but his passion for the game and willing to succeed will one day make him good, and we all have opinions i haven't seen every Dolphin game or tuned in to it like you have, i've seen every Jet game this season, i've seen the good and bad of Sanchez and you've seen the good and bad of Henne, you can make much more calls on him then I can, i'm only going by what I have seen (college and NFL)

Nonetheless this is nothing more then a Debate we shouldn't be getting pissed at a Dolphins fan for stating his case, he has solid points and me of all people hate the Dolphin organization (well more like every other team in the AFC East, Dolphins piss me off at times the most, even more then those cheating Pats) Kudos if we both get probowl QBs, anything to see Bellicheat be destroyed once and for all

#124 101GangGreen101, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  5. MoLewisSoNasty

MoLewisSoNasty New Member

Chad Henne never has to throw the ball. With the running game that they have, anytime he drops back to pass, he has favorable routes to throw to. Put him in a pass first offense and he will fail miserably. Chad is much better for the Fins down the road.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The Jets run the ball more often and for a better average than the Dolphins.

7. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Wait... so our offense scores 34 points in that game... but HENNE lost it? What about... I dont know... maybe the defense? And about Buffalo, when Henne is getting hit while throwing or has a tipped pass at the LOS... thats not Henne playing bad football.

8. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

lol thank you. Henne never has to throw the ball? What about Sanchez?

Or what about vs. the Pats a couple of weeks ago... we came out with the game plan to throw early and often? Henne threw it 52 times that game... lol. He was absolutely asked to throw the ball in that game in a pass heavy gameplan.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

both qb's will never be anything i say we both team up and trade for payton manning and we both get to use him every other game

10. 101GangGreen101

Doesn't matter how many points you score in that game, did those TOs not put them back in position to win the game? But this is about Henne ... couldn't complete a pass at all that second half you can blame drops and tipped passes but he couldn't complete a pass for shit in that 2nd half to try and keep the chains moving, I think thats def bad QB play if you ask me

11. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Hahaha. Ok man. Glad you watched the game...

If a pass hits a WR in the hands... and he drops it... that isnt on the QB. But it sure does fit your arguement better, huh?

Ginn had 4-5 drops himself in that game. Hartline had at least one as well as Fasano. Bess had a couple too.

But you're right. Its not the QB's job to hit the WR in the hands. Its his job to catch it too...

12. 101GangGreen101

Not saying it's his job to catch the passes, I'm pretty sure he threw more then 7 passes in the 2nd half ... so what about the other passes, the guy threw like 20+ passes in the 2nd half what about the other passes, certainly those were all drops too

13. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

He completed 11 of the 26 attempts in the 2nd half of that game, and had multiple drops. Lets say only 5 drops in the 2nd half just to play it safe. The WRs catch those balls, and you are looking at 60% completion. Or, if you dont think you can just add them, then lets remove them. In that case, that puts his competion % for that half right about the same as Sanchez's completion % this season...

Hardly as bad as you are making it out to be. The killer were those INTs... and I've been over them...

#133 FinNasty, Dec 15, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  14. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Henne is ok, granted he has years ahead of him than sanchez does. He has about 4 years of college and a year in the pros behind a good teacher. He has the tools where arm strength is concerned. Henne does lack mobility and pocket presence. Henne also does not throw the ball away or escape sacks. Sanchez shows the potential with some of his throws, he just hasn't put it together yet. That's expected. But to Sanchez's defense, he has been throwing more than Henne has, only recently has he been tamed. Henne plays great early and crummy late in the game. Sanchez is the opposite. They are both ok

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Sanchez was fine having an entire complicated playbook thrown at him? GMAFB........ Fact of the matter is that the playbook should have been simplified and dialed back weeks ago. He was trying to do too much with a complicated system. Thank god Ryan simplified it.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Every QB has passes dropped, has balls INT'd that shouldn't be but they also have passes caught that are poorly thrown and balls that should be INT'd dropped so it all evens out.

17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

2 week from now you'll be glad were NOT the colts

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Henning did an absolute atrocious job w/ us in 2000, why exactly did you like him?

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

plain and simple Henne had a whole career of starting experience in college. talk about it all you want but its actually a benchmark for Bill Parcells endorsement of a qb. they have to have something along the lines of 28 or 30+ college starts. im not making this one up.

Sanchez had 16 starts in 3 years. one of the nuances of the QB position is film study, but just like anything else, you cant put a price on actual gameday experience.

fast forward to the fact as much as people bitch, Chad Pennington is the best QB ive seen from the shoulders up in the last 20 years not named Peyton Manning.

a whole calendar year of picking that guys brain and having him help you look at film is invaluable.

much like how Thomas Jones and Leon Washington were ALWAYS trying to spend extra time around Curtis Martin when he was injured and on his way out.

its apples to oranges, that said I think Henne has what it takes. he needs more time and actual weapons on offense.

and the reason most Jet fans have alot of faith in Sanchez ceiling is he has an X-factor about him. if you take the time to watch every interview or read articles on the guy he conducts himself like hes been here for the last decade and this guy was on USC campus a yr ago.

combine that with his main errors are short/timing routes and ball security. (both very very coacable issues) and what you have is a head strong, mobile, confident young guy with the ability to make great downfield throws.

he has alot of kinks to work out in his game, but id say moving forward the only team in our division without a legit qb to develop would be BUF

20. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Well said. :up: