Chad Henne vs Mark Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zor, Dec 14, 2009.

1. crashingjet

crashingjet New Member

Lets see.

The Jets traded a 1st, 2nd and 3 players for Sanchez.
    Miami used a 2nd on Henne.

Based on what both teams spent on their QB, I would say Henne is the better value.

Lets look at stats.

Sanchez: 12 games, 53.2 completion percentage, 2,049 yards 11 TD's, 17 Ints, 22 sacks and a QB rating of 63.7.

Henne: 11 games, 58.8 completion percentage, 2,067 yards 9 TD's and 9 Ints, 20 sacks and a QB rating of 74.9.

With 1 less game played than Sanchez, Henne has more passing yards, less ints, less sacks, higher completion percentage and a higher QB rating.

Obviously, Henne is a better QB at this point in time.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

3. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

But who the hell cares about Kellen? lol

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Lord-

It's his second year after watching Chad play and picking his brain.

Mark is a inexperienced 22 year old QB, with a MUCH higher ceiling then Henne.

I would not expect you to see that.
    When Mark is 24 come back and talk, please-

5. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Could you go into some more detail? What aspects of Henne's game have been unimpressive to you?

Also, what about Sanchez has impressed you to make you think he will "definitely be the better QB at the end of the day"?

6. crashingjet

crashingjet New Member

That sounds like a front office problem to me, not a QB problem. It's not our fault the Jets made the moves they did. If the Jets wanted Pennington to mentor their future QB, then they shouldn't have cut him. But hey, we'll save the debate on who's front office is better for a different thread.

7. MadBacker Prime

Why are these Phin fans popping up right now??

They are about lose 1 of their next 3 games and despite sweeping the Jets they won't make the playoffs.

Are you guys here because you have the WC as of now?

8. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

... all while having much worse weapons to throw to.

9. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Na, it ain't like that. At least for me. I could have been here right after we swept you. So it's not like I'm here just trolling.

Normally, I talk on the Bills board, BuffaloRange, but Bills fans bore me lately, lol.

10. crashingjet

crashingjet New Member

Much less. Although, Braylon Edwards seems to drop the ball as much, if not more, than Ginn, so we might have to give them a draw there.

11. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Dolphins are 7 & 3 in Henne's game starts this year. Guy looks to have a very accurate, strong arm and has been pretty cool under fire. For a second year player who was thrown in without getting the starters reps in TC hard to see what ceiling you're talking about?

Maybe the Dolphins are more talented than the Jets and Henne is being carried?

12. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Edwards does have his drops, but no way more than Ginn, lol. I think Ginn has dropped more passes in one game this season than Edwards has dropped all year... lol

13. dankingfish13

dankingfish13 Member

Sanchez is 23. They both have about the same NFL game time experience. Only difference is that Henne has NO ONE to throw to. Ted Ginn would be the Jets #4 receiver (if he was lucky).

14. crashingjet

crashingjet New Member

On advice from my therapist, I'm not allowed to bring up the Colts and Saints games :up:

15. MadBacker Prime

Wrong Again-

Ginn has been targeted 63 times with 8 drops. 2nd in the AFC

Braylon has been targeted 75 times with 4 drops.

They've been practicing together for two years now too.

16. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Maybe... except the Jets have a better running game, better receivers and TEs, and a better defense... lol. So ya, basically the Jets are better everywhere but QB.

If Henne is riding on the backs of the Fins... Sanchez is riding in a stretch limo, lol.

17. MadBacker Prime

Again-

When Mark is 24 we can compare their stats up until Chad was 24.

Should be quite laughable by then.

Matt Ryan is 24 and this his second year in the league too, compare their stats.

18. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Haha, probably a good idea...

19. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I remember having the same arguments about Pennington and Brady back in 2002. Very silly stuff.

20. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

I know you like bashing on your receivers, and you are right, they aren't the greatest in the league, but the simple truth is, they are NFL caliber receivers, meaning as far as the rest of the gene pool on earth goes, they are still among the best of the best on this planet. It's not like he's throwing to a 2 year old retarded donkey out there, those receivers can catch (even Ginn can catch, he just drops them at the most inopportune times....often).

We both have great O-Lines (and I would argue that thanks to Faneca, your's is much better than ours on passing situations), and all a real QB needs is time to throw his ball. All NFL receivers are going to catch a majority of well-thrown balls. Some will drop more than others, and it gets amplified when those drops are in big situations (a receiver can catch 10 routine balls in a row but drop one crucial 3rd down pass and it'll be all #^&!@&^ he sucks!). In this sense then, both of our teams are more equal in terms of supporting cast than you want to think.

It's already just fun-n-games to compare these two at this moment in their careers, but it's almost criminal to start trying to factor in supporting cast as well...