Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Big time defenses don't blow games the way we did against Miami and jacksonville. I think the pieces are in place and our D is getting better but to just throw out the ranking and ignore those TWO blown games isn't fair.

I LOVE this D but they blew those 2 games.

2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think you make an excellent point, also think of the bad position this defense has been put into by the offense, and they have still managed to keep this team in all the games, with the exception of a couple of games.

If our offense had not made the mistakes it has this season in the passing game, I think we have 3 losses up to this point.

3. Red Menace

Of course they do, the 2000 Ravens lost 4 games, they however were considered one of the best defenses ever and their defense won them the superbowl.

4. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Junc is absolutely right. A big time D doesn't give up game winning drives to teams that are essentially JAG offenses.

The 2000 Ravens lost 19 to 6 to the 11 & 5 Dolphins
    10 to 3 to the 8 & 8 Redskins 6 to 14 to the 13 & 3 Titans and 6 to 9 vs the 9 & 7 Steelers.

A big time D would have never let the Dolphins run that game winning drive down our throat in Miami or let Jax do it to us at home.

5. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. nyjunc

Did they blow 4 games in the 4th qtr? teams will lose games but they blew 2 games where they had the lead needing just one stop to win.

Bal lost 4 games in 2000: 19-6, 10-3, 14-6 and 9-6. Tehy allowed an average of 13 PPg in those 4 losses, in the 2 our D blew they allowed 18 PPG.

Again, I LOVE this defense but people act like they have been perfect this year and they haven't. They blame the QB for being 7-6 when the D has blown 2 games. If it was all on the QB we'd be 10-3 right now.

8. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Thank you for calling the fat ass up and arguing this point! I feel like he has no respect for what the Jets D has accomplished with quotes after the Rex interview like "they're good but not great". Someone needed to point out these numbers to him and show him he's overlooking facts for his biased opinion. At least he admits how great Revis Christ (along with the secondary in general) is.

9. Red Menace

So let me get this straight the offense does not score a TD in any of those games and you blame the defense?

I really don't know what to say to this, other than :eek:hmy:.

10. nyjunc

I don't think he was blaming the Bal D. he was making a point about how few that D allowed in thier losses compared to the Jets in those 2 games the D blew.

11. winstonbiggs

No I'm saying that our D has played well but not like a big time D like the 2000 Ravens. They would have stoned the Dolphins and Jax with the lead. Our D has been good but they have lost games for us. Sanchez has been good mostly and he has lost games for us. We are basically a 500 team against a relatively mediocre schedule because we don't have a big time stone them D or a big time QB yet.

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Again, name one team or player who is perfect without exception?

The D did blow those games, and those ended up being valuable learning experiences. They've allowed us to find out where we're strong and where we're not and the defense has been better as a result of it.

The defense will be even better when Jenkins is back. Notice how the D got better when Jenkins was out... it wasn't because the replacement was an upgrade, far from it, it was because the entire defense grew.

Rome wasn't built overnight, and neither was the Jets defense. What we have in place is a championship caliber defense NOW. The scary part is to consider that its still got a long way to go as far as getting better.

13. nyjunc

AGAIN, I love this D and I think we'll only get better as these guys get more comfortable in the system and we get Jenkins back and draft more players but they did blow 2 games for us on final drives.

This D has been playing great BUT the last good O we faced we got torched. I hope they play the last 3 games of the reg season like the last 3 weeks and we'll make the playoffs but we step up in competition these next 3 weeks.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the fact that we are missing a Pro Bowl NT, our secondary has been dinged up all season, the scheme is still new to most of the players and they are still statistically the top overall and passing defense in the league is very impressive.

Nobody is ever going to mistake the 2009 Jets defense with the 2000 Ravens defense, but what Rex and Pettine have been able to do with this defense 3/4's of the way through their first season with the Jets is remarkable.

15. nyjunc

I agree 100%

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I hope so as well. :beer:

17. winstonbiggs

Agree they D has looked very good the last 3 weeks. Jake Delhom, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh Freeman all looked very uncomfortable.

18. nyjunc

:beer:

Every game we win it means we are alive another week. Let's just beat Atlanta and worry about next week after that. I am pumped for Sunday's game.

19. Red Menace

Fair enough.

20. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Well he has a point right?

If our superior D could stop either one of those freaking drives from Miami or Jacksonville we'd be in way better shape.

With that said I Think our D has matured quite a bit since then and they're certainly playing very well right now, but Im' curious to see hwo we do vs teh Colts, assuming they start Manning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.