Danny Woodhead is one spry mofo out of the backfield

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Nov 29, 2009.

1. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I feel like you tried to make a point here but completely failed. Explain?

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

woodhead makes me nervous whenever i see him on the field. Every play i see him in i think i could see somebody die today. Its like in not another teen movie when he throws to marty and he gets cut in half.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I don't get why people feel this way with Woodhead... Leon is barely bigger than him, Sproles is practicly the same size...

I honestly think the prejudice against him isn't his size. It's the fact he looks like he is 14. So he just seems brittle on the field, but he really isn't any more at risk than Leon, their shifty-ness prevents them from getting lit up and allows them to play this game while minimizing the number of big hits they take.

4. Darth Vader

Darth Vader Member

seriously, if someone is going to get killed on the field it is welker. that dude just gets clocked game in game out, but they over use him.

he just keeps on getting up.

5. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

No matter how you feel about Woodhead's playing ability, this is 100% true. It's the same reason that every short white baseball player is "scrappy" and every white college basketball player is a "gym rat" who "plays the game the right way."

That's not to say that there's anything particularly wrong with falling back on all these platitudes (they certainly have memes for blacks and latinos that they emphasize as well,) but to pretend that they don't exist is a joke.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He takes a shit and we get a thread about how it was an NFL caliber dump.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my point was that it was interesting that they both had the same amount of yardage from scrimmage today and people have been saying forever how bad smith is and how he is only on the team because he is a special teams ace, blah blah etc blah.... and then on the other hand there is a, what 6 page thread of woodhead cock gobbling and sperm gurgling.

its just funny to watch this whole board get wet in their pants over what they want to be the next wayne chrebet, who by the way wasnt very good anyway.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

yea well leons little ass is sitting on the bench for the rest of the year cus he got injured. :sad: i miss leon

9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Ok, I get your point now. I don't completely agree with it only because I think the fascination over Woodhead is because he was new. We used to have an obsession over the gimmick plays that Smith ran too but it has died out because he has been on the team for a number of years.

10. ggchase

ggchase New Member

Looks like a pretty tough catch to me

You can see on newyorkjets.com its pic 17.

11. SydneyDon

SydneyDon 2008/2009 TGG The Green Card "International Poster

He's a freak. He was completely ironed out today, looked really winded, then caught a reception one or two plays later for a 1st down.

12. alleycat9

yeah that little bastard! when he got hit i was kinda happy inside... but he gets right up and catches like 5 fuckin passes going down the field in the time it takes for a commercial break in the jets game.

he is possibly the most frustrating person in the nfl at this point.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

NVM, completely misread that.

#93 CatoTheElder, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  14. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Chrebet was no superstar, but not very good?? The guy was an awesome role player and made tons of clutch plays for us. I have to strongly disagree.

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Brad Smith clearly contributes to more than just STs - every time he touches the ball he seems to pick up a first down. Unless he's at WR, in which case he's worthless. But I think most fans understand he's an asset to the team.

Woodhead is just there for depth. He might not be anything special but he's made a few really good plays and so far he's earned his roster spot. Why bitch about him? ..Or Chrebet. Is there something wrong with being happy a player is making plays and moving the chains? Not everyone on the team is going to be a Jerry Rice.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think alleycat was talking about Welker

17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Now that I reread that, it makes much more sense.

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hi Keyshawn. Still bitter?

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Like I stated earlier, Woodhead is becoming similar to our version of Kevin Faulk. Hope he keeps working and getting better.

Anytime someone is helping the team win, I'm all for it. Could care less who it is.

20. alleycat9

i will restate that, he was not as good as he is given credit for by jets fans. i shouldnt have said he wasnt very good, he was good just not as good as many jets fans give him credit.