Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Borntolose

Borntolose New Member

this year has a weird feeling. the last time i had this feel was 2002 and we all know what happened that year. maybe this might be the year were born to win instead of born to die of terminal football illness............................................
    dreaming never hurts

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Mike Sims-Walker (knee) is doubtful for Week 14, and not likely to play against the Dolphins on Sunday, according to the Florida Times-Union.

Our View: Very bad news for the Jags going into a critical game, as they will now likely be without their top passing-target against Miami's soft pass defense. There's a slim chance he might be able to go, but you need to plan to be without him.

Let's go Dol-fins

3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I don't consider last night good news

This Pitt loss was NOT a good result for us at all. We need to win 10 games o get in ... period. At 10-6 we would have beaten out Pitt anyway. Now the wheels are falling off for them and we DON'T want them to throw in the towel! We still need them to beat Balt for sure, and maybe Miami for us to get in. I have a bad feeling about this :(

The ONLY good I can take from this is maybe it gives the Browns a little boost of confidence and keeps them interested enough to beat JAX if we need them to.

4. david1023

david1023 Member

If you believe the Steelers won't do everything in their power to prevent the Ravens and Dolphins from making the playoffs you are mistaken.

5. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

I don't know where people get this notion that the Steelers would mail it in at any time....they're the freakin SB champs and have some pride. It was a good thing they lost last night......i don't expect them to lay down for anyone the rest of the way

6. WhiteShoeWillis

The one thing that worries me is that they could shut down Roethlisberger with his head injuries. I don't think they'll do it quite yet, but another loss or nothing going there way this week could do it.

7. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I hope you're right... but I always feel better when the team I need to help me has a liitle somthing to play for besides pride. Anyway ... Go Steelers!!!!

8. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

why? I mean Tomlin was already saying that he was SERIOUSLY considering see what talent he has in his rookies.. now that playoffs are pretty much out of the picture.. do you think this pushes him to make a change.. i mean it was the browns.. obviously there is something wrong with the team..

but i don't think there just gunna quit.. they are going to try to win.. but I'm just worried about their personnel

9. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Honestly, saying that it was not a good result ruins any credibility in the rest of your post.

10. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

This is shaping up to be another good week for the Jets.

Steelers are already out of it. The Jets might need them to beat the Dolphins and/or the Ravens, but I don't think they are going to pack it in just because they have 7 losses.

Tom Brady is hurt and questionable against the Panthers. If the Patriots lose that game, it opens up the division with them having to lose 1 more game for the Jets to finish on top.

The Broncos should lose to the Colts, bringing them within 1 game of the Jets for the 1st WC spot.

Either the Dolphins or Jaguars will definitely lose. Hopefully its the Jaguars, but either way, its good news for the Jets.

Ravens won't lose to the Lions.

After this week the Jets will be tied for the division with the Pats and Phins at 7-6 and tied for the WC with the Jaguars and Ravens.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

I think the Broncos have a real good shot at beating the Colts. They match up well on defense.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The Panthers beat the Pats? From your lips to gods ears!!!

13. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o

14. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Phil Simms and Warren Sapp both picked the Jets to make the playoffs. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing because they seem to think a team can make it at 9-7.

15. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I had a dream, crazy dream, Indy 14-0, Jets 8-6.

Indy plays everyone still chasing the legacy, Rex sends a message that the playoffs are week 16...

#295 jets&rushfan, Dec 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  16. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

The one thing that worries me is Tampa Bay , unless we beat them nothing else matters.

17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

:up:

Dolphins will lose to ether the Texans, Titans, Steelers.

Jags will lose next week against Indy.

Do the Ravens hold the tie breaker against us? I know they have some tough games coming up.

18. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Today was overall pretty good for the Jets. Only thing that could have gone better was Pats losing...but they still look pretty shaken. Let a horrible Carolina team hang around.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

agreed with the first two points.

i do think though that the ravens schedule isn't as tough as you make it out to be. I think compared to the other teams in the hunt they have the easiest go of it

20. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

How is the Ravens tie breaker vs. us? All of a sudden they became a major road block.