17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

MY SEATS ARE IN 343 THATS WHY I asked because it looks like 345 or 346 to me also-any info appreciated, like you guys I want to know what my view from HEAVEN is going to look like

4. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I heard through someonet that has seats in next years stadium, that he got an email from the Jets that they are allowing everyone who has tickets for 2010 to their own personal tour sometime in the spring. has anyone else heard about this?

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes my rep told me that----I would luv to get in sooner and will try and make a call and see if it is possible otherwise I will wait until spring

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

So where are the Jets now with the 2010 sales? Are all the Upper seats gone? How many PSLs do they still need to move?

I haven't seen any posts on here lately that indicate anyone has purchased anything. Usually you see, "Hey, I just picked up 2 in Section 212, Row 14 on the aisle." Seems like nothing is happening. Are they just relying on these cockamamie ads and jerked off "tours" they're running?

It's almost like these "tours" are more like those Eric Estrada TV infomercials we've all seen, in which he offers you a "free" all-expense paid trip to Arkansas and a "free tour" of the retirement village in the middle of a mosquito-infested swamp. Then when they get you there, you find yourself held hostage.. no car and no way out... and you're subjected to 24/7 bombardment of sales reps hounding you to sign on the dotted line before you get your "free" evening banquet every night.

Are these "tours" really working for them and are they selling any PSLs (or PSL upgrades) off of them, or are they just getting handfuls of curiosity seekers who've either already gotten into the Upper Deck for free or who already got stuck with a PSL and want to know how badly they've been screwed.

I'd love to hear from some of the tour-takers as to what, exactly, transpires during one of these tours. Is it truly just a tour or is it a ploy to take another shot at an upgrade or to buy another (or more) PSLs?

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i emailed my rep to ask if anything opened up in the lower rows. he told me nothing new...

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

those lower rows are there for new business - you already paid so don't expect any favors from woody [​IMG]

#4488 GordonGecko, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  9. Section 227. Row 5

That's it in a nutshell. Any decent seats that become available will be used to entice newbies. They gain nothing by switching a guy from harder-to-sell seats into more desirable seats. It's a wash for them to do that, whereas if they sell the better seats to a new guy, they're that much closer to getting sold out, so they'll lie to you.

You're better off emailing or calling as if you're a newbie and asking what's available.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

I took the tour. It wasn't too hard of a sales pitch. The guy asked right away are you looking to upgrade or just check out the place. They show you all the clubs and the advantages and walk by a few PSL locations that have some scatterred tagged seats that they claim are still available. I'll bet there's more than they claim. Tour guide/sales rep was very nice wasn't trying to talk me into anything. One couple on the tour was considering club seats to begin with. the other couple had uppers and I think the uppers scared the girl because she was looking into PSLs.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

[​IMG]

I don't know if this will post or not. A pic someone sent me from section 346 row 13 a while back. It's on a cell phone keep in mind.

#4491 JetsSec337Lot13B, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  12. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Giants fans got their seat locations this past week.

13. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

Agree. A friend of mine who's a Giants fan received his seat location - he has 10 seats at Giants Stadiums in the UD and he now has 10 $1000 UD PSLs in New Stadium. His new seat location is basically identical to where he sits now.

14. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Same with a buddy of mine. He had 4 seats, two on one end of the row and two on the other end, now he has 4 seats together in pretty much the same spot.

Another friend of mine went from upstairs in 308 to downstairs 134...of course they paid the 10k a seat PSL for the privileged.

15. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'm looking to do a paper on PSL's for my journalism class, and how they're affecting Jets fans heading to the new stadium next year. If I can get enough real quotes, I'd love to post something on my blog (www.jetsdaily.com if you didn't know by now).

Anyone interested in answering a few questions for me? They're basically asking how the stadium change affects you, if you're buying season tickets any differently this year because of it, and if you could say anything to Woody Johnson, what it would be (PG-13 responses or less).

It would be greatly appreciated, it wouldn't take much time. Thanks.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

PM me and I'll share some stuff with you.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Sent. Thank you.

Screw it, I'll post it out here, too, if anyone wants to respond...

Are you a season ticket holder at the old stadium?

Will you be one at the new stadium? If yes, did you have to change your ticket plan (drop seats, move upstairs) to accomodate the increased price? If not, why not?

What do you think of the fairness of PSL's to fans?

What did you think of the "PSL? GO TO HELL!" sign, and that the guy got kicked out for refusing to relinquish the sign?

What are your feelings on moving to a brand new stadium?

Is paying extra worth the more modern amenities that the new stadium would have?

Would you care if a corporation got naming rights to the stadium?

If you could say one thing to Woody Johnson, what would it be?

Is there anything else you wanted to say about the stadium situation?

#4497 Jetfanmack, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Answers above

#4498 GordonGecko, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

YES
    Will you be one at the new stadium? If yes, did you have to change your ticket plan (drop seats, move upstairs) to accomodate the increased price? If not, why not?
    Yes, Dropped seats and moved upstairs.
    There is fairness to the non-season ticket holders as they can jump in and buy best seats in the place. To season ticket holders we got screwed, even the newest season ticket holder go screwed as they held out good PSL seats and UD seats until after we purchased out and are doing their best from blocking us from moving.

What did you think of the "PSL? GO TO HELL!" sign, and that the guy got kicked out for refusing to relinquish the sign? God Bless him. Too bad his two friends did not have a Woody Johnson Stole My Seats sign and another that said Dont Buy Johnson and Johnson Products.

What are your feelings on moving to a brand new stadium? I pray every day the new stadium burns to ground or blows up before opening day or something like that so we don't have to go there. It will be like playing football in the Food Court at the Short Hills Mall.

Is paying extra worth the more modern amenities that the new stadium would have? NO NO. Seat Prices went way up in Upper Deck yet we are not allowed to use any of the faciliites.

Would you care if a corporation got naming rights to the stadium? Maybe Tiger Woods Stadium would be a great name for it as he also likes to Screw His Fans!!

If you could say one thing to Woody Johnson, what would it be? Go to Hell.

Is there anything else you wanted to say about the stadium situation? Jets will never sell all those PSLs. they will do individual tickets or season tickets on a one year basis to fill seats and will do discounts. Unless fans got the top top seats in their sections they will be furious when they find out they paid 10K and bought preseason tickets and 25 buck parking for all games when the guy next to them bought the eight regular games on ticketmaster right from box office. Woody better get on his knees and blow the devil that he beats the Falcons, Colts and Bengals otherwise the only thing that would make the fans happy on opening days is if we have some lions on hand and we get to watch Woody be eaten alive.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Mack, my thoughts are plastered ad infinitum all over this thread. Please feel free to use anything I've posted here and elsewhere:

Yes, for the past 25 years.

Will you be one at the new stadium?
    Yes.

If yes, did you have to change your ticket plan (drop seats, move upstairs) to accomodate the increased price?
    Yes, had to move from my Mezz seats (1986 seniority) to the Upper Deck.

Not only is it unfair, it should be challenged in court. This particular stadium concept and location was unique, as it was sold to the public and the ticketholders as a "shared cost" stadium. As such, we (Giants and Jets ticketholders alike) had every right to believe that containing costs would result in minimal (if any) PSLs. I feel we were deceived... all of us... the entire general public was deceived, even those who occasionally buy some tickets and want to take their families to games. The cost will be passed on to them as well.

What did you think of the "PSL? GO TO HELL!" sign, and that the guy got kicked out for refusing to relinquish the sign?
    The sign is terrific, but signs have been prohibited for years. So if he refused to take it down, they had the right to evict him.

What are your feelings on moving to a brand new stadium?
    A joint, shared-cost, brand new stadium is one thing. This is not so much a new stadium as it is a mausoleum of gargantuous prominades, vaulted-ceiling concourses, five-star restaurants, elaborate and garish cocktail lounges and gift shoppes that happens to house a football field. A new stadium was a nice idea (although unnecessary in my opinion), but this "stadium" is a complete egocentric cost over-run and excuse by both owners to egregiously rip off their fan base.

Is paying extra worth the more modern amenities that the new stadium would have?
    No.

Would you care if a corporation got naming rights to the stadium?
    No.

If you could say one thing to Woody Johnson, what would it be?
    PG-13 prohibits my comments.

Is there anything else you wanted to say about the stadium situation?
    It's never been about the stadium. I'd have gone to see the Jets play at the Linden High School Athletic Field and sat on the bleachers if need be. The facility doesn't matter. Going to Jets games has never been about the facility. It's always been about having family fun or good times with buddies and fellow fans, and of course, watching the game live and having the best sight-line you can get to see the action. Pregame tailgaiting is also a very big part of the experience. Escalating costs have always been a factor also.

The new stadium addresses none of this. In fact, the new stadium exacerbates those issues. The owners will argue that the trade-off to lousier sightlines, less tailgating and extremely higher costs is the amenities the new stadium offers. They are totally off base with this theory and do not "get it." They don't get it because, deep down inside, they are not really "football people" at all. As businessmen, they've made the classic mistake of putting their egocentric business model ahead of what their customers really want, which explains the stiff resistance to these PSLs and ticket prices.