Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

The way I see it this is what the Jets need....Jax to lose twice, Balt to lose twice and Miami to lose one....if those three things happen and the Jets win out and Pitt wins out then it would go to strength of victory tie breaker.

2. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Let's go Green Bay!

Finally a Monday night game I care about. Either way, it's going to be a good game tonight.

Too bad for all those shitty commercial breaks!

3. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Go Pack Tonight!

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Go Pack Go

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That's 5 losses that need to happen for other teams, not to mention a slumping team going 4-0 with an ailing QB. It's easier on the Jets for New England to lose twice, Miami to lose once and the Jets to win out. That's the playoffs right there.

6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm not predicting it, but it isn't impossible that NE could fall off the cliff. How many years can they lose players and coaches and stay on top? Their defense is highly suspect, they can't win on the road and Brady is banged up. Hoping for them to go 2-2 or even 1-3, regardless of who they play, isn't out of the question.

Consider the fact that Miami has Jacksonville and Pittsburgh left, they're now without Pennington and Brown for the season, Williams looks like he did a hamsting late yesterday, the division could still be our ticket even though we finished 2-4 in it. There's a quarter of the season left, a lot of things could happen, we just have to win our games.

7. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

The jets need to win out and they make the playoffs, that's it. It's possible that they don't even at 10-6, but everyone is getting beat up right now and I think 10 wins get you in.

It's hard to imagine the Jets going 6 and 0 to end the season but crazier things have happened. All this conjecture about the other teams and their records, potential for losing/winning games is nice but ultimately the jets need to just focus on one game at a time here and try to win each game -- it's a 4 week season at this point and they need to go undefeated.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

That 2-4 division record is really killing us now. For the hell of it, here are the remaining AFCE schedules. We hold no tie-breakers over NE or MIA so we have to finish with the best record.

NE Schedule:
    Code:
    Dec 13  	CAR @ NE  	Gillette Stadium  	
    Dec 20 	NE @ BUF 	Ralph Wilson Stadium 	
    Dec 27 	JAC @ NE 	Gillette Stadium 	
    Jan 03 	NE @ HOU 	Reliant Stadium

Considering NE's road woes this year, I guess it's possible they lose @Buf and @Hou. It's not out of the question for Jax to go to Gillette and win either.

Mia:
    Code:
    Dec 13  	MIA @ JAC  	Jacksonville Municipal Stadium  	
    Dec 20 	MIA @ TEN 	LP Field 	
    Dec 27 	HOU @ MIA 	Land Shark 
    Jan 03 	PIT @ MIA 	Land Shark Stadium

There's definitely at least one loss in there for Mia.

Jets: (as if we don't already know this)
    Code:
    Dec 13  	NYJ @ TB  	Raymond James Stadium  	
    Dec 20 	ATL @ NYJ 	Giants Stadium 	
    Dec 27 	NYJ @ IND 	Lucas Oil Stadium 
    Jan 03 	CIN @ NYJ 	Giants Stadium

edit:
    And the current wildcard leaders schedules:
    Jax:
    Code:
    Dec 13  	MIA @ JAC  	Jacksonville Municipal Stadium  	
    Dec 17 	IND @ JAC 	Jacksonville Municipal Stadium 	
    Dec 27 	JAC @ NE 	Gillette Stadium 	
    Jan 03 	JAC @ CLE 	Cleveland Browns Stadium

That's rough for Jax - there could easily be 2 losses on there. We also could be hoping for one last gift from Mangini before he gets fired week 17.

Den:
    Code:
    Dec 13  	DEN @ IND  	Lucas Oil Stadium  	
    Dec 20 	OAK @ DEN 	Invesco Field at Mile High 	
    Dec 27 	DEN @ PHI 	Lincoln Financial Field 	
    Jan 03 	KC @ DEN 	Invesco Field at Mile High

We'd need them to lose 3 of 4. I don't see it happening.

9. Italian Seafood

Jacksonville needs to lose two more or else the Wild Card is out the window, we'll know a lot more after they play Miami and NE. The fact that they play both means there are two losses to be dished out among the three teams automatically right there, which is good.

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I think someone gets in at 9-7, whether it's the last WC or the East winner.

11. Br4d

Well in that case I hope it's the last WC and not the east winner because the Jets need to win out to make it.

12. Br4d

New England is 7-5 and has lost 3 out of 4. Kind of looks like they are on the edge of the cliff to me at the moment and a slight gust of wind could push them off.

If 9-7 is going to make the playoffs this year then I think Miami is the team that will make it. If it takes 10-6 then I think their chances are longer than the Jets because they are playing 4 teams in a row that are in the playoff hunt at least marginally and desperate. The Jets on the other hand have 2 hurting teams in a row in TB and Atl and then quite possibly 2 teams that have already clinched and are resting players.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

We have to beat TB. I could see us losing this game. Always seems to happen to the Jets.

14. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

we have to beat EVERYONE left... no way we win any tie-braking scenario at 9-7

15. Br4d

If the Jets cannot beat a 1-11 team with a playoff spot potentially riding on that game then they need to clean house and start over again.

16. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

^^^^^We have to win out to have a fighting chance. No exceptions. Every game from here on in must be played like a playoff game.

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

We have to beat TB or we become irrelevant other than to play some spoiler role.

We need to beat the Bucs. Nothing else matters. No contingencies, no what ifs, nothing. We Must Win. Everything else is secondary to that.

18. HarmCityJet

HarmCityJet New Member

No game is safe.

19. Italian Seafood

Last year San Diego got in at 9-7 and hosted a playoff game, while New England was left out at 11-5. Crazy shit happens. Arizona was 9-7 and almost won the Super Bowl.

20. Br4d

1967 NFL Playoffs

Los Angeles 11-1-2
    Green Bay 9-4-1
    Dallas 9-5-0
    Cleveland 9-5-0

Watching At Home

Baltimore 11-1-2

That's the worst case ever I think. LA and Bal were in the same division and no wildcards yet. Baltimore couldn't complain too much though because LA kicked their ass in game 14 for the division.