Could/would Jets afford Reggie Bush?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

A Reggie Bush-Shonn Greene combination would be interesting (Schottenheimer would love gadget Bush plays), but if the Saints can't find a way to make Bush a star, why would he be one elsewhere? Pierre Thomas is better than Bush at what they do, and journeyman Mike Bell is syphoning carries from him.

But the only way you get him is if you don't think Leon can come back, and even then, if next year is going to be an uncapped year, there's no reason to get rid of Thomas Jones. So he'd probably at best be a 3rd runningback.

I'd take him if we could get him cheap, or if we were getting rid of Washington. Bush as a downgrade from Washington, so unless we can get him for a significantly cheaper long-term deal than Leon, there's not much of a point, and I'd rather spend big money on positions other than runningback.

#41 Jetfanmack, Dec 2, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

TJ, Greene & LW is the way to go.

I would rather we steal away one of the recent Rutgers products whom I like watching (Ray Rice or Brian Leonard - obviously both under contract)

(I wonder if the OP remembered ->) We can always find out if DERRICK BLAYLOCK kept himself fit! :rofl:

3. 624

624 Banned

That is a great point, with all the talent around him and one of the best offensive minds around, he wasn't successful.

4. Lamb Jones

Lamb Jones New Member

please explain to me how bush is more versitile than washington.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Exactly-

Leon has better numbers without the huge contract.

Leon will only get better, he'd play for free. Reggie doesn't strike me as that type if player, one scratch and he's out.

I'll take Leon over Reggie any day.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

+1. Washington is a better halfback and football player than Bush. Period. Bush has height and a little speed on Washington but that is about it. If Schotty couldn't get Washington the reps then how is he going to get enough reps to both Washington and Bush to make them effective? The only way I see Bush getting the right amount of reps is if this FO makes a huge freaking mistake and lets Washington go.

7. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I'm down for Golden Tate!