Playoff Picture (Merged x69)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SunshineJet, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

:up:................

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Change what i write again an ima cut a brotha!

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Jets Playoff Chances - Teams to Root for 12/3 Edition

Here's the list of games that effect the Jets chances this weekend and who to root for to maximize their chances:

Detroit @ Cincinnati - Bengals need 2 more losses going into week 17, who they are does not matter.

Oakland @ Pittsburgh - Double whammy here, conference loss by Steelers would help a lot.

Tennessee @ Indianapolis - This game does not matter unless 9-7 is the wild card tie.

Denver @ Kansas City - Jet's slim chances to beat out Denver in tiebreakers would be helped a lot by an upset here.

New England @ Miami - The Jets cannot beat out Miami in a tiebreaker of any kind but their best chance to make the playoffs is as division winner and New England needs to start losing for that to happen. Tight call but I think Miami is less likely to win out and take the division than New England is to go 2-2 and lose it after this game.

Houston @ Jacksonville - Jets beat Houston in a tiebreaker and lose to Jacksonville so this is an easy call.

San Diego @ Cleveland - Right.

Baltimore @ Green Bay - One of the few games that might actually go the way the Jets need it to this week.

For the week there are 9 games (including the Jets @ Toronto) that will effect the Jets playoff chances. The underdog is the team the Jets need to win in 7 of them. That will get better in weeks to come.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL-

Thanks, can you please create a thread about how important it is to breathe.

5. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

I disagree with pittsburgh beating oakland, realistically the only way the jets can get in is through this scenario:

Pittsburgh wins out and goes 11-5 wins the division

Baltimore most likely goes 10-6 or 9-7, losses to green bay and or pittsburgh

Bengals lose to Minnesota, san diego, and jets - definitely possible

Denver most likely goes 10-6 - losing to philly and indy
    Under this scenario there is a 4 way tie for the two wild card spots, in a 4 way tie only the 2nd seed in each division get a chance for a wild card spot, the bengals would knock out the ravens due to their head to head record, leaving the jets, broncos and bengals, bengals lost to broncos and jets leaving the jets and broncos. I don't see denver losing more than 2 games and they have a better conference record so they get the fifth seed. Jaguars schedule will knock them out. This is the most realistic scenario

#45 MyFavoriteMartin5, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  6. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Playoffs? Are you kidding me, playoffs? Playoffs???

Hey, not impossible NE could shit the bed like we did last year, five games in the NFL is a long way to go.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

What else is new...

But for real, nice list. If we win and Tenn, Jax, Baltimore lose, then that will pretty much knock out 3 teams clogging up this chase.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Interesting note, the Patriots are 1-4 on the road and have 3 road games left (only road victory was a victory over Tampa Bay in a neutral site)

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm pretty sure we're not catching up to the Patriots. They just played their last toughest game of the year. Along with that, the Broncos are 2 games ahead of us in terms of WC seed. So we're down to 1 spot.

We're 1 game behind the following teams for that last spot:
    Steelers, Ravens, and Jags.

Teams that are on our heels are:
    Titans and Texans.

Assuming we take care of business this Thursday and the Pats demolish the Dolphins, we have to root for Colts, Oakland and Texans to be on the same breath as the Steelers, Ravens and Jags for that 2nd WC spot.

That is all I'll say for this weekend since I don't plan on looking ahead anymore. I have to keep remembering that we are the New York Jets.

10. quadcityjetsfan76

i would take the Chiefs and Houston in this weeks must have's

#50 quadcityjetsfan76, Dec 1, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  11. quadcityjetsfan76

a Little SOJ?

12. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

cincinnati is a tricky one.. They are 8-3 however they are playing at home against the lions (should be a win) but then they play at Min, @ SD (both could be losses) then home to an upset driven KC team, and then the Jets... 10-6 is a realm of possibility but to have any effect on us whatsoever they need to be 9-7 and not win the AFC north....
    I told my buddy that if the raiders can beat the steelers (die hard raiders fan) that I would let him punch me in the face as hard as he can... hopefully he doesnt take the bet too seriously

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets and Bengals wind up tied for anything it's going to be in the Jets favor unless all the underdogs start winning this weekend and keep it up for the rest of the season.

The Steelers however aren't going to 5-0 at this point. They had lost two straight before Roethlisberger's concussion and are now on a 3 game losing streak. If Roethlisberger can play they have a shot at 4-1, but that shot will diminish substantially if they lose to Oakland this weekend. Hence they'll be close to knocked out of the 10-6 sweepstakes which I think is the best option for the Jets chances at this point.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

A little?

We beat the Panthers. Awesome. If we played the Raiders and Panthers for the rest of the season, I'd be pretty excited. Unfortunately, we don't.

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't, Im just not sold on Denver. I know they started with a 6 win straight season and then faded away, but I wasn't sold on them even when they were 6-0.

Denver: @KC (loss), @Indy (loss), Oak (win), @Philly (Loss), KC (win)
    They'll split with KC IMO.
    9-7

New England: @Mia (Win), vs. Car (win), @ Buf (Win), vs. Jac (win), vs. Hou (win)
    12-4

Miami: vs. NE (loss), @ Jac (loss), @ Ten (loss), vs. Hou (loss), vs. Pit (loss)
    5-11

Tennessee: @Ind (loss), vs. StL (win), vs. Mia (win), vs. SD (win), @ Sea (win)
    9-7

Indianapolis: vs. Ten (Win), vs. Den (win), @ Jac (win), vs. Jets (Loss - with my green glasses on and wishful thinking I know), @ Buf (win)
    15-1

Pittsburgh: vs. Oak (win), @ Cle (win), vs. GB (win), vs. Bal (win), @ Mia (win)
    11-5

Cincinnati: vs. Det (win), @ Min (loss), @ SD (loss), vs. KC (win), @ Jets (loss)
    10-6

Houston: @ Jac (win), vs. Sea (win), @ StL (win), @ Mia (win), vs. NE (loss)
    9-7

San Diego: @ Cle (win), @ Dal (loss), vs. Cin (win), @ Ten (Loss), vs. Was (win)
    11-5

Jacksonville: vs. Hou (loss), vs. Mia (win), vs. Ind (loss), @ NE (loss), @ Cle (Win)
    8-8

Baltimore: @GB (loss), vs. Det (win), vs. Chi (loss), @ Pit (loss), @ Oak (win)
    8-8

Jets: All wins vs. Buf, @ TB, vs. Atl, @ Indy, and vs. Cin.
    10-6

Jets Must win all. Lets assume that even if we do heres the scenario:

Division Winners: Indy (15-1), Patriots (12-4), Pittsburgh (11-5), and San Diego (11-5)

Wild Card: Cin (10-6) Jets (10-6).

Jets obviously have to win all else a 4, 5 or even a 6 way tie is not going to be in our favor. Game against Cincinnati may very well be considered a playoff game.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I posted something on my blog about this.

www.jetsdaily.com

I'm not getting any hopes up regarding Cincinnati. Sure, we have the head-to-head tiebreaker, but the only way that matters is if they finish BEHIND either Baltimore or Pittsburgh. That means, Cincy has to lose 2 games before week 17 AND either the Ravens or Steelers need to win out.

Otherwise, the Bengals win the AFC North, and they're irrelevant as far as the Jets playoff hopes are concerned. They are 2 games clear of both Baltimore and Pittsburgh, and they swept both teams, so they have the tiebreaker over them.

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i would prefer for cincy to win out until week 17 so they rest all their starters when we face them.

18. Totodestroyer

Totodestroyer New Member

I would love for the dolphins to beat NE but to be honest I don't think we have it in us anymore since we lost so many key players. I expect us to play them tough here in Miami but a loss nonetheless.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

you have nothing to worry about.

20. SanchezToEdwards

If only we had beaten Miami (2nd game) Bills game and the Jax game.

We just lost too many winnable games and now were stuck in this situation