Green Bay loses Kampman and Harris for the season

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-packers-injuries&prov=ap&type=lgns

Harris, Kampman lost for season with knee injuries

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)?Green Bay cornerback Al Harris(notes) and linebacker Aaron Kampman(notes) will both have season-ending knee surgery.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Monday that losing the two veterans will be a major challenge to the Packers, who have a 6-4 record and are in the middle of the NFC wild card race after Sunday?s victory over San Francisco.

With a Thanksgiving Day game in Detroit just three days away, McCarthy says coaches still are considering their options at each position.

Harris and Kampman both taken to the locker room after being hurt on separate plays in the second half. McCarthy would not confirm the specifics of either injury, but both appeared to hurt their left knees.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Could make for a wild game with two reeling defenses.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I wonder which is a bigger dissapointment the Packers or the Jets?

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

ouch they are done now

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Jets aren't a dissapointment. Expectations were low prior to the season (7-9, 8-8).

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Only to those few of us that had realistic expectations.

7. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Huh, that's a hard choice, but not for the reasons you think. Neither team is a true disappointment. I like Jake and Murrell never expected great things of Jets THIS year. Sure it unfolded differently than I expected, those early big wins were surprises, but other than the "momentum" the end will be about the same. Kinda the same thing for last year, if you think about it, Jets had only maybe one or two less wins than what the majority here was predicting. As far as the Packers ... the only big disappointment was the Tampa game. Take away the two losses to the Vikings (a better team) and that Tampa game, and then the Bengal loss (a team that is definitely good, if not also "better") and the Packers are 6-0 in the rest of their games ...

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah, generally teams are undefeated in the games they didn't lose

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Kampman hasn't been that great in his transition year honestly. Poppinga will be fine in his place. That being said it's still a bit of a weakness. Harris is 35 and seems to fall apart in December/January so I'm not too worried about it. He's no longer a #1 OR 2 CB. Green Bay needs to address CB directly after OL.

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Obviously I have to speak more s l o w l y for you. Losing to two teams that are as good as or better than you, losing only one game against the eight other opponents you've played outside those two team, and winning games against perhaps evenly matched opponents (eg Cowboys) is not my definition of "biggest disappointment in the league this year."