Pull Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 15, 2009.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We looked good against a lot of teams, and even when they lost they showed some positive flashes. The thing is that we COULD have been one of those types of teams with a rookie QB/HC combo.

2. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

rex quote:
    "Cool. Calm. He did a great job."
    sanchez stats:
    16 30 53.3 212 7.1 1 2 0 0 59.3

Those are not the numbers of a great quarterback. Since when does being Cool and Calm make you a good quarterback. Rex break up the love affair with Sanchez. He is not a good qb.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Using this brand of analysis you would have cut Troy Aikman, John Elway and Terry Bradshaw before they ever saw the playoffs let alone a Super Bowl.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Eli Manning and Peyton after their 1st years as well.

Montana didn't play his rookie season all that much, he's gone too. Rivers sat for 2 years so the impatience would have gotten him traded. Aaron Rodgers would have been cut.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you need to learn that in football the numbers don't tell the whole story.

this isn't baseball.

6. HOI

HOI Active Member

Some of these fans are so fucking overboard it’s ridiculous. I wonder if this team will ever really have a chance to develop a team over a period of years and turn them into a winner. Say we go 8-8 this year, if we go 9-7 next year and miss the playoffs again I guarantee the fire Rex/Sanchez is a bust shit will start. It’s a fucking joke. It's not your team RIGHT to make the playoffs every year. So few have the bigger picture approach. Its all instant gratification. Did I really see bench Sanchez for Clemens posts today??

How many years was Cowher with Pitts. before they won a SB? That shit would never fly here, Jets fans and the NY media would have put Cowher out on his ass long before he won a SB. I mean...how many god damn coaches have we had in the past 20 years? Billicheat was 5-11 his first year in NE, Shanahan had a few shitty years but also had SB's in there as well.

And if you are going to try and tell me a fan base has no bearing on the decisions a front office makes you're nuts. If Rex misses the playoffs this year and next year this whole change of culture shit is going to right out the window and we'll sign the "next great NFl coach" who will bring in all new guys and we can repeat this process till we all die at 65.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cowher went 11-5 in his first season and the Steelers went to the playoffs for 6 years in a row from the get-go and got to the AFC championship game in season 3 and the Super Bowl in season 4.

Belichik got to the Super Bowl (and won it) in his 2nd season as Patriots head coach and then won it back to back years again in seasons 4 and 5.

Trying to compare either of those situations to any Jets coach since Weeb Ewbank is going to be an ultimate fail.

8. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The example I always point to is Jeff Fisher. He had a very mediocre start to his head coaching career before reaching the Super Bowl in '99. He would not have lasted more than 3 seasons here.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

chuck knoll is a better coach to pick.

10. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Jaws just said something on Monday night football about the Browns coaching staff needing to start trusting Brady Quinn and developing a young quarterback.

"You gotta trust him, and you gotta believe in him."

Play Sanchez, continue to show you have faith in him and believe he can get the job done and his confidence will not diminish.

11. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

Since when is not throwing a pick one week a "good week". He has not won a game for us in the fourth quarter. That is what good quarterbacks do.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Wow.

You're not watching the games.

Sanchez has given the Jets a 4th quarter lead three times this season. The defense has given those games away. If the defense held the lead, you'd be singing Sanchez's praises.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

You can't argue with stupidity. It has an endless list of rebuttals, of course that make no sense....

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I wouldn't type that too loud, ignorance has abounded all over this board for the last month. Excellent points like this will get shouted down by somebody who wants to yell about being 3-0 or how many INTs our QB has thrown.

Or God forbid, someone else who wants to become a Colts or a Saints fan. Sorry, I couldn't hold that in.

15. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

This thread reminds me of when Homer Simpson is the HC of his local team.....yep cut , cut your cut, your cut , cut , cut

Its not Madden!!

The kid shows great upside , he is not a system based qb like say Alex Smith . He is a 23 yr old playing his 25th game and all the usual pricks on here come out saying he is a bust.

I honestly believe this team gets what it deserves at times due to its minority moronic fanbase

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This is what I warned everyone about a few years ago when they were running Herm out. We finally had a coach who was around more than 3-4 years and he was successful but we ran him out. Mangini was mangenious first year and we annointed him, rex was great through a month and we annointed him. Allow the man to make mistakes and grow as a coach, he has all the tools to be a great coach. The worst thing would be to give up on him too soon.

#256 nyjunc, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  17. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Herman Edwards' leaving had nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with his own coaching problems and his need to follow Dick Vermeil in KC. He was two-timing the owner and that is why he is gone.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Herm was run out of town. We ran him out b/c he only had 3 postseason apps in 5 years, we'd kill for that ratio now and at any other point in jets history.

The point of this is not to open another Herm debate just to ask people to have just a little patience and to stop annointing players/coaches at the first sign of success and running them off at the forst sign of failure.

19. HOI

HOI Active Member

Totally agree...this team was successful under Herm. Granted his sideline brain farts became rather annoying but the team was successful. Most of the fan base doesnt have the patience to wait for a team to develop. If this team goes 8-8 this year, and next year we go 10-6 but miss the playoffs its going to be the begining of the end for Rex.

This fan base doesnt have the gumption to stick it out over a period of time. Too much pissing and whining. At the game Sunday there was a guy sitting behind me...after Sanchez threw the opening pick this guy slams his beer down says "I cant take this shit"...leaves and never came back!! Are you kidding?!? We are 4-5 at the moment. Everyone prior to the season begining saw this as a 8-8, 7-9 team. Now that its happening the bi-polar fans are shitting themselves.

The worst thing this team did this year was beat the Pats. If they had lost that game everyone wouldnt be going as crazy. That game was a taste of how this team CAN be. In the past weeks we've lost our #1 offensive threat and #1 run stopper and defensive leader. We need major help on the D-line...a solid pass rushing threat. Does anyone really expect to do much with Devito and Puoha or whatever the fuck this name is?

Developing a winner takes time.

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Herm was not run out of town he better dealed the Jets while under contract and was run out of KC after destroying that team.