Pull Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Nov 15, 2009.

1. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

Honestly, the way Sanchez fought back today impressed me, the kid is going to be very good, maybe great, we just have to be patient, he is only a rookie and only had 1 year of qb at usc, he needs time. He has a bright future, but the team is not very good right now, its not all on him. I know his turnovers have killed us, but he is not the only one screwing up, we must remember, he is a ROOKIE

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

*sigh*....you're probably right.

when they showed the replay...Mathis's hands were clearly in Cotch's facemask.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't care, what kind of moron sets up a QB who has thrown tough picks at home by having him throw a bomb on the first play of the game? What kind of crappy call is that?

Schottenheimer is going to be out of here one way or the other by the start of next season. We're going to have to live with Sanchez for quite a bit longer than that and if we don't it'll be because the Jets are a very bad team.

They need to fire Schottenheimer now, he's bad for this team in a big way.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

uhhh....I saw Clemens play in the preseason too.......he's a fucktard with 2 left feet.

The fact that he's on our bench....pisses me off. Ainge looked better than Clemens too.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

what are you talking about?!

They had single coverage....if Sanchez doesn't underthrow him, Cotch is gone!

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Why do you setup a rookie QB to under-execute on the first play of the game and make the crowd start murmuring. What the hell is going on in the Jet's planning around developing Sanchez? They're approaching the process like a 3rd rate organization.

7. ihatethedolphins3

even if it works it is still a bad call, we needed to run the ball, establish field position and get them to start stacking the box before we subject our turnover prone, rookie qb to making that throw

8. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

seems like the rookie doesn't have the great arm everyone has been rumoring about.... i have seen him underthrow anything over 55 yrds

9. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Why would you put a game plan together study and practice something you thought would give you a match up you like, get it and try and execute it? That's what OC's and DC's do. It was a play that was set up and worked the execution failed and Sanchez came right back in the second half and lead the team to the lead so it didn't hold him back one bit. He over came his bad execution which shows growth.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

first of all....that was textbook pass interference.....the refs fucked that up....I noticed Ed "roids" Hochili was the ref, so no big surprise there.

second of all.....if Sanchez throws that ball over Cotch's left shoulder....he's GONE to the house.

I thought it was a great call by Schotty.

And that's tough for me to say....because i've been one of Schotty's biggest critics this season.....but its the truth....it was a great call.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The last time he had thrown an INT was 3 games ago. We treid to fool the D and did a good job, Sanchez just underthrew Cotch a bit. It happens. I can live w/ a pick like that. The 2nd one was a little less forgiveable or the bad throw to Jones on the screen where he would have scored or late throw to Edwards that would have been another TD but I was ok w/ that 1st pick. Sometimes you need to be aggressive and show some confidence in your QB as he grows and he is clearly growing.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

bahahaha...keep trying, dude. You're failing with every post.

13. ihatethedolphins3

he got hit that play, his arm strength is more then adequate, just a silly play call to open the game

14. nyjunc

If you are calling plays worrying about the crowd murmuring then you are in the wrong profession.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

QFT

somebody actually "gets it".

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Schotty didn't call a bad game but he totally blew it on the first play! How can you ask a rookie QB to make that throw on the first play!? You're killing his confidence.

17. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

the play call was fine... they had them off guard...i am so sick with people babying this qb....if he cant lead his wr 50 yrds downfield.... then he shouldn't be playing

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

his confidence wasn't killed.....he led the team to 10 unanswered points after that pick.

19. nyjunc

How did he kill his confidence? Did you see the way he played the rest of the game especially in the 4th qtr?

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

He looked pretty confident to me in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. It was a good call badly executed by Sanchez and it didn't kill his confidence one bit.