17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

For the jets-jax game, the best seats in the upper deck--on the 50 yd line in rows 1-3 sold on stubhub for about $100-$120.

Next year, they are asking fans to pay $125 for seats in the top row of the same sections. They are asking fans to pay $105 for seats in the upper rows in the corner of the upper deck.

If the best seats can barely draw $100 now, how long will fans pay MORE for worse seats next year before revolting???

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Year one Meadowland stadium might do ok as people want to see stadium. Preseason first game will be a draw only cause first time to see stadium, second pre-season is Jets/Giants also a draw. Rookie QB and Coach might get a second chance in sophmore year, however, in year 2 of stadium if we get "same old jets" and new stadium draw is gone, look out below. Secondary market could care less what you paid, Jets told me with straight face that since tickets cost more in primary they should go for more in seconday, year right. I sold a front row preseason game for 45 bucks a ticket. The nerve of the buyer not to read the face value was 105!!

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Back to Shea even worse look at these stub hub prices.

Mezzanine Sideline 209 11 2 $106.00 each = Nine dollars under face

Lower Sideline 114 39 2 $96.00 each = Nine dollars under face

Front Row Club 133 $179.99 each = $292 under face value

Wait there is a 15% commission to sell on stub hub so when you factor that in there are people selling the best three sections in the house for way less than face for a game between two 4-4 teams that means a lot as only winner has shot at play-offs plus it is going to be 60 degrees and partly sunny.

Imagine how low ticket prices will be for the Christmas week game if it is freezing and our play-off hopes are gone. At least 50 cents on dollar.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think there's been plenty of forward thinking by the Jets, that being, "Do whatever we can to sell these PSLs and tickets at ridiculous prices no matter how deceitful, ambiguous or lecherous we have to be and no matter how we screw over our most loyal fans and ticketholders."

There should be plenty of parking, as you say, and no reason for "prepaid parking" going forward, but I highly doubt that will go away now. It's like higher state sales taxes. Once imposed, they're almost impossible to reduce. The Jets have learned that they can pound the ticketsuckers (er... excuse me, the TICKETHOLDERS) with the prepaid bullshit just like they pounded them with full prices on preseason games. Lack of adequate parking was used as a tool by the carpetbaggers (er... excuse me, the "sales reps") as a form of intimidation to coerce people into buying the PSL out of fear of having to park in Oshkosh.

Now they're going to take it a step further and dictate where you will park under the guise of "what they think is best for you and traffic flow," but the real reason is they've now realized it's a way of controlling tailgating. They don't want tailgating, period. Tailgating reduces concession revenues and keeps people outside until kickoff. We can't have that... got to get them inside where they'll spend money.

So no, from our standpoint we think there's been no "forward thinking" because no decisions had been made about parking and people were left up in the air. Now we realize there's been PLENTY of forward thinking. "Use the fear of not being able to park close to the stadium as a sales tool to sell PSLs, then use "a more convenient parking arrangement for our loyal fans" as a way to screw up their tailgating experience and drive them into the stadium where they'll have to buy our $7 hot dogs and $10 beers.

5. Section 227. Row 5

They'll bail. If the Jets go into a downward spiral (QB injuries, good players getting older and harder to replace, Rex Rex Ryan somehow "loses" the team and we start off 2-6), expect them to bail in huge numbers.

Uncovered seats in the Uppers will be the first to clear out, especially Rows 18 and beyond and in the corners and EZs. March 2011 allows PSLers to bail also, maybe their best shot at recouping at least part of their PSL money.

But not to worry. The market always takes care of itself quite nicely. Ticket prices will only go as high as the market will dictate... the market being what the average Jets fan is willing to pay to go see a Jets game. If we're winning, the prices may approach face (not counting reimbursement for PSL outlays). If we're losing, expect ticket resales to be considerably below face and PSL prices to plummet.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I was thinking the same thing about the parking. Pre-stadium construction, you just paid for parking.

When they demolish the old stadium won't it go back to that??

I'll email my rep unless someone already has the answer?

7. Section 227. Row 5

Go ahead and email your sales rep and I'll go ahead and email Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and ask him for some truthful answers on his nuclear ambitions. Both are of the highest integrity and I'm sure it's well worth the keystrokes to email these guys.

8. MadBacker Prime

LOL-

Good point, hopefully they'll get rid of this prepaid shit.

Sometimes our group carpools sometimes we can't, it'd be nice to have the option of just paying at the gate like the good old days.

9. MadBacker Prime

Username BrowningNagle from JI-

"I was curious as to the parking so I sent an email to my rep and recd the following - I think ti clears it up but it is a fluid situation

Me -

Quick question ? the Jet rep Rob was on a chat yesterday as to the new stadium and mentioned something interesting about parking. He said there would be a VIP lot (Club members) and Reserved parking ? that PSL and non PSL owners would be able to buy reserved parking. He then mentioned that parking would be determined on ?where the fans are coming from? and would be assigned ?to their designated lot? - there has been lots of debate on what this means.

My understanding is that the PSL parking will be in assigned lots together in a better location than the non PSL (track, Izod, etc). I also assume that we can choose an assigned lot which is more convenient based on which entrance we use ? rt 3 or turnpike. So if I come in from Rt 3 and my other group comes in the other side via turnpike we can still meet up in our assigned lot.

The chat made it sound like people coming in from Route 3 park in a different area than the Tpk even if we are in the same ticket group and it is causing some panic/negative reaction ? I would like to set them straight but want to make sure I am correct ? can you confirm or fwd to someone who can?

Thanks

RESPONSE

Yes, I believe you are correct. Club seat holders get VIP Parking. PSL holders get parking and then non PSL holders get parking further away from the stadium. The Jets will give you different lots you can choose to park in. Obviously, most people would pick the lot that's closest to their entrance and exit way, but if you have people you want to tailgate with and park in the same lot, I believe you can do that too. He was just saying for people's convenience, you have the ability to park in a lot that makes it easier for you to enter and exit the stadium"

So I guess I don't have to email. So PSL holders to get to park closer after all, I figured that'd be the case since that was part of the advertising.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

This is great for true fans, no? People dumping tickets like crazy means you can have your pick of the place for cheap on craigslist or stubhub from desperate sellers looking to get anything back ($25 or less tickets possibly?). I would easily pay $100 to check out the coaches club for a cold january matchup against the rams

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Nice one...

12. GordonGecko

Sounds like damage control to me, Jets must have been flooded with angry calls yesterday

13. JetsFanSec129

JetsFanSec129 New Member

I may be in the minority but I think designating parking lots based on which highway or road I come in on is probably the best way to handle tons of traffic. It will hopefully alleviate the problem of cars wandering around trying to find spots and then bugging up all of the roads........which makes a LONG wait when you're sitting out on the turnpike.

I guess my only concern is how do they determine how many spots they'll need in a lot and where does the overflow go when the lot fills up? Guess that's for the engineers to figure out and I'm sure they will.

I read how they do it at Dallas and it seems like this might be the process the Jets/Giants will follow. Take a read:

stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/parking.cfm

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Sick, online I found Jets ticket for sunday so cheap. $57 for Mezz seats, four together. Cost is $460 face, being sold for $228. Even funnier, those are the new "club seats"

Mezzanine $57 4 2 Mezzanine13330
    Lower Level$69 4 2 (c)20 30 yard line33228
    Upper Level$73 4 2 20 30 yardline upper leve.... >>13131
    Lower Level$80 2 (c)mid field13140
    Lower Level$80 3 1 (c)mid field

15. GordonGecko

sounds like a crappy setup for fans:

They have a tool to tell you how to get to the game depending where you come from:
    www.dallascowboysmaps.com

16. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

I cant see the Jets stopping with Pre-Paid parking, as it guarantees them whether they are 3-10, or 10-3 that people will be paying the asked amount regardless. If the Jets falter, which is an all too often occurence, and they wind up at 3-10 with 2 hom games left,the stadium will be completely empty, but the Jets already made their money on the people that didnt show, as they would have already paid for parking for that game.

17. Section 227. Row 5

I agree. You can almost bet on it that everyone will be required to prepay for parking no matter where the designated areas are. Of course, they'll charge the PSL people more because..., well..., they can. The PSL makes is imperative that they do and pay whatever the NY Jets tell them to do and pay.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Thanks for posting these Cowboys parking guidelines. It does indeed sound very much like what's going to be happening for us. In fact, it's almost like the Jets are (so far) copying their policy verbatim, so expect these kind of parking rules by the time our stadium opens. I love the way they're cracking down on tailgating. Take some of the fun out of it and maybe the little tailgating bastards will come inside and buy some of our expensive food from the overpriced concession stands:

Parking Availability

There are approximately 12,000 parking spaces distributed among 15 numbered lots at Cowboys Stadium. In addition, there are nearly 12,000 parking spaces in the lettered lots around the Texas Rangers Ballpark that will be used on game day.

Designated Lot

If you have purchased parking in advance for the game, you will have a pass for a designated lot. The parking pass is valid only for the lot designated on the pass.

Customized Route and Directions

The Cowboys have created an online tool that will provide you with directions to the stadium and to your specific parking lot. Visit www.dallascowboysmaps.com and enter the zip code of where you are starting from and select your assigned parking lot. If you plan to pay cash when parking, select "cash" instead of a specific lot. You will receive personalized directions and route map. By following the directions provided, you will avoid traffic delays and get parked quickly. We discourage the use of GPS systems or other map websites as they do not take into account current road conditions and the traffic plan developed exclusively for Cowboys Stadium.

Directional Signs

As you approach the stadium, there will be additional highway, street and electronic message signs directing you along your route and to your parking lot entrance.

Directed Parking

Once you enter your lot, you will be directed into a parking spot. By following the direction of the parking staff you will get parked quickly and safely. A parking pass is valid for one (1) spot and parking spots are for vehicles only. If you want to park near a friend, you must have parking passes for the same lot and arrive together. Parking spots cannot be reserved or saved for guests arriving at a later time.

Parking Spots are for Vehicles Only

Parking spots are for vehicles only. Drive aisles must remain clear at all times. No items (coolers, tents, tables, chairs, etc.) of any kind may be placed on the ground behind, in front of or around parked vehicles. These items are permitted only in designated tailgating spaces.

Tailgating Spaces

Tailgating is permitted in designated tailgating spaces only. These spaces are on the perimeter of each parking lot and have a grassy area immediately behind the vehicle parking spot. There are tailgating spaces in every lot. Tailgating spaces are available on a first come/first served basis. Guests parked in a designated tailgating space must restrict their use of the grass to the space behind their vehicle. You may not spread out and use the grass area behind other tailgating parking spaces.

Tailgating Guidelines

Bus and RV passes are sold by the ticket office.

All guests wishing to tailgate must observe the following guidelines. These guidelines have been developed to provide a fair, reasonable and safe tailgating experience for guests. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the loss of tailgating privileges and ejection from the parking lot.

Tailgating spaces are for vehicles and trailers only. Parking spaces may not be used for tents, grills, chairs or other items. Each vehicle or trailer must have a valid parking permit.
    Tailgating is defined as the placement of any item on the ground (chairs, coolers, grills, games, etc.).
    Tailgating is only permitted in the grass areas on the perimeter of the parking lots. The maximum area that any single tailgate space may occupy is 9 feet wide and 12 feet deep (equal to the size of the vehicle parking space).
    Tailgating must be confined to the area adjacent to the end of the designated tailgating vehicle parking space (maximum of 18 feet from the rear of the parked vehicle).
    Any grass areas beyond the designated tailgating spaces is considered common ground and may be used by other guests for tailgating or picnicking activities.
    Tailgating is not permitted in Lot 3, portions of Lot 5, Lot 8, and Lot 9.
    Tailgating is permitted from the time that lots open and up to two (2) hours following Dallas Cowboys or college football games.
    All guests must follow the directions and instructions provided by stadium personnel (parking staff, security, police, etc.).
    Dispose of trash in the appropriate receptacles.
    Coals must be disposed of in the designated coal containers located throughout the lots. Do not dump coals or store stoves on the grass, parking areas, under or around vehicles.
    The following items/activities are prohibited:
    Deep fryers or any oil-based cooking or frying
    Open flame fires of any kind. Charcoal or gas cooking is permitted.
    Disorderly conduct
    Picketing, political campaigning or soliciting/distribution of any kind
    Saving parking or tailgating spaces
    Weapons and fireworks
    Sale of food, beverage, merchandise, etc.
    Amplified sound systems or the use of radios/audio devices at loud levels
    RV/Oversized Vehicle Parking

All RVs and oversized vehicles (any vehicle longer than 19 feet) will be allowed to park in Lot 14 only. All other lots are for standard size vehicles only. An RV/Oversized vehicle parking pass is required.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Parking

EXACTLY. I couldn't agree more with your point, only I'll add this other reason you forgot to mention that's even more important: PRESEASON GAMES. There's not a chance in hell they'll go back. They sell all of those unused preseason parking spots - they ain't goin' back to the old system.

Honestly, I don't mind NOT handing cash to the parking lady each week even though I understand the time value of money theory. I didn't go for PSL seats and this whole thing upsets me greatly after 30 years but i have not given much thought or care to the parking of the future. I don't think it'll be that bad, and the screwing i've received over my seats far outweighs anything that can happen with the parking.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Ten games at $25 a game is $250. That is BS who goes to pre-season in their car. Even crazier the games are after work and I don't have time to go home and get my car. So I would take train either way. Last year someone gave me Seven bucks for my unused pre-season permit!!!! What a rip. Funniest thing is they let you donate your parking pass to charity, what are the kids driving to the game!