17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

thats probably exactly why they dont do credit checks, so they can just resell the PSL again. but if you think about it, if someone can afford to pay the 20% down payment(some 10% i think) than they most likely can pay the annual amount. if they can't, the jets will probably just move them into the 15 year plan.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

I took Giants PSLs to resell tickets on the secondary market. I am by no means a Giants fan but I studied a lot of stuff on ebay/stubhub and talked to other season ticketholders. I figured I could probably make $800 a seat profit per year. When I got the $4k PSLs for them I had someone offer me $5k per seat on the spot so I could have made $1k per seat profit to just walk away. Also I can visit stadium to see my seat assignment and if I don't like it I can bail so only loss is the interest on my 60% down that my dad and I put down.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah it definitely shows a disregard for protecting themselves, or need for protecting themselves.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

FWIW my relocation call was October 16th. I missed the reps's call and never called back even after they called three times. No thanks, I'm not interested in locking myself into having to buy overpriced tickets for 8 games plus 2 worthless preseason games at full price. If I decide to get season tickets for 2010 there will be no shortage of them available a few weeks before kickoff minus preseason, and more than likely in PSL locations without having to buy a PSL. Or just wait until single game tickets go on sale with the top secret encrypted password of "FOOTBALL" and pick up whichever game you want at a discount. Worse comes to worse, buy below face value of Craigslist or Stubhub. This is what it has come to for the Jets

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Giant PSL's

I wonder how the Giant fan felt leaving the Charger game on Sunday thinking how much $$ they will be shelling out for the right to buy tickets for that crap. That was a jet type loss, I hope those paying 10k per seat enjoyed the 2.5 hr ride home, your season is over and 4 more home games. Glad my UD seats are PSL free. Thanks Woody.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Elwsworth, yes I can buy a Giant PSL, turns out I am around 9k on a waiting list of 200,000. I have a low enough number I was called. Until seat assignment process takes place which is like in two or three weeks i can give them 60% of the PSL price. However, Lower EZ looks best bet but that is a 10K PSL for two seats and I need to give them 6K in next few days and not know where I will sit and be low man in seat allocation process.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Do you know how they assign seats to people who are not currently season ticket holders. all rep told me they would ask my preference and then take into account my current location. Well I don't have a current location so do I get left overs or am I treated as an equal to a season ticket holder?

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Fellas, I would totally abandon the idea of buying some PSLs (Jets or Giants), then paying the outrageous ticket price for the seats (including the Preseason games) and then expecting to sell them and come out with a "profit." Factoring in the excess cost of the PSL plus the wasted money on the Preseason games (which no one wants), you're real cost for any of the 8 actual games that matter will far exceed what you'll be able to get in any "secondary market," and that's if there even is one. If your team is 3-7 you'll quickly learn what happens to this so-called "secondary market."

I've been reading this thought process here recently and I'm telling you from lots of experience, you're not going to come out on top. Buy whatever tickets you're considering to use them, not profit from them. Believe me, it ain't gonna happen, not in the long haul. You're choices are simple... (a) buy the seats and go to the games and enjoy them or perhaps better yet, (b) do what GordonGecko recommends and cherry-pick the games you want to go to when and if you can use them and want to go.

But for God's sake, no one should be under the illusion that they can buy PSLs, then on top of that pay the egregiously overpriced ticket prices including Preseasons, and expect to come out with a "profit." During a Superbowl year, yeah maybe. The other 12-15 years you'll have to wait for another one to come along will freaking bury you and your "profit," believe me.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Perfect advice-

I'm buying my tickets to go to every game I can, and bring my future children along too. I knew before they announced the pricing where I wanted and not once did I think of this as a investment.

You're 100% right people thinking of this as a investment will be sorely mistaken. I can see though, maybe 20 years from now selling your PSL for more then you paid but that's about it.

10. Section 227. Row 5

You did the right thing... buy the seats (PSL or not) to use them. Then, if you can't make a game or two, you try to sell them, the success for which has no guarantee.

And I'm not even sure about the prospect of selling the PSL 20 years from now for a profit. Don't forget that these are depreciating assets. The closer you get to the demolition of this "new" stadium, the less the PSL will be worth. They don't transfer to any new stadium or any updates or renovations required on the stadium. At the end of the lifespan of this stadium, your PSL is gone, totally.

IMO, the only thing that might allow you to profit on the PSL would be massive inflation. But if that takes place (and it probably will), the price you sell the PSL for is relatively the same as what you paid, because everything else has gone up too. A McDonald's Happy Meal is $21.95 and a steak dinner at Applebee's is $72, so you were better off putting the PSL into the S&P 500, or better yet, real estate if you're looking to sell at a later date for a "profit."

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I only brought up Giants as I really do think unless you have a PSL there is not way to go to games unless to pay over face and I think PSL values will hold up better. As sad as it sounds, you would be better off as a Jet fan buying 5K Lower End Zone Giant PSL and sell tickets each week for a $100 dollar profit and put that money towards buying Jets ticket below face each week. Arbitrage, sad.

12. Section 227. Row 5

I have never understood all this talk about the "value" of the PSL. I've never looked at it as anything but a huge financial anchor.

Take my own case, for example. My current seats (in the old stadium) are quite affordable to me... about $115 each per year. But I look at my true cost for what would have been my new seats in the new stadium this way:

4 seats @ $7500 PSL = $30,000

If I take the $30,000 and depreciate it over 20 years, it only comes to $1500 per year (some have looked at it this way, and so far so good, right?). So my PSL costs me only $1500 per year, which I have to add to my ticket price per year to come up with true cost. No problem.

But in addition to this PSL, my tickets would have been $400 per game X 4 seats = $1600 per game in my location. This is $16,000 per year, parking not included. Now add in the $1500 from above and you have an annual cost of $17,500 to go to all the games.

But the Preseason games are worthless, so before we calculate the actual cost per game, we need to divide by 8 games (not 10). So, $17,500/8 games means that every regular season game would have cost me $2187.50 for my 4 seats. Here's my true singular ticket price... $546.88 ($2187.50 divided by 4 seats), parking and additional expenses not included.

The $2187.50 that it cost me to go to the game still doesn't take into consideration the loss of return that I would have experienced on the original $30,000, however. That, compounded over 20 years, is a hell of a lot of money that I'm out for having made this incredulously idiotic financial move. But whatever, let's just chalk that up to being a Jets fan and wanting to go to the games and the hell with sending my grandkids to college.

So, even after having ignored all that, we're still back to an actual raw ticket cost of $546.88 for Section 227 to have remained in his original seats that he's had since 1985. If I can't go to a game, I can put it up on ePay, StubHub or Craig's for $546.88 and hope to break even, or even more if I want to make this so-called "profit."

Reselling for $546.88 per seat? Not a chance in hell. I'm up in the Uppers for $110 per seat and haven't tied up one dime with Woody. That money is going to put my two grandkids through college and we're still going to the games. For me it was a no-brainer.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The PSL is great for the fan only when tickets are hard to get and priced below market value. PSLs were a terrific investment for Bears fans, people made good money when they resold them or when they sold their tickets on a game to game basis. This isn't going to work for the Jets because tickets are way overpriced, so you have no real advantage to retaining the rights to your seats. That in turns erodes the value of the PSL and makes it a piss poor investment.

If you buy the PSL, buy it because you really want and can afford those seats for all Jets home games including preseason lady tag football

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

who wouldnt want to pay over face for a 4-9 team playing in december when its 35 degrees and sleeting????

15. Section 227. Row 5

Bingo! A guy who gets it!

Real estate taxes in Rahway, NJ are the highest in Union County, by far. Guess what that's done to the price of homes there? Same story.

The thing that will keep the PSL prices depressed is not only going to be the introductory, initial cost of these 2010 tickets. Wait until Woody starts increasing the ticket prices by 8-15% per year, year after year after year. See what that does to the PSL resale price. Nobody wants to pay $30,000 for 4 PSLs only to have their head put in a guillotine.... LOL

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

This is what has been perplexing me since the beginning. Who can afford this other than corporations?

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Delete post please.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BTW I did not buy either PSL, I am sitting in UD for Jets. The Jets PSLs unless you are in a super prime location in a moderate priced PSL is a money pit.

Currently, the Mezz and front row club are two biggest money pits in stadium. ALso UD EZ and corners and high row upper sideline are also a money pit.

However, between the 20's Lower Level and Upper deck in front 20 rows in current stadium you can actually sell for above face. Same can be said for psls, the top 20% seats in the 4k to 7.5k seats might be ok.

But that said this is Jets, the top 20% of seats in Giants most likely are only seats that make sense for a ticket scalper or someone looking to flip seats.

Even funnier, Giants have around 4K seats unsold, yet they claim they are sold out. Wait till people get crappy PSL seats and they can ask for all their money back, the people with the crappiest 6K seats are going to back out. There are going to be 10K Giant PSLs for sale soon to go with 20K Jets PSL. In fact someone offered me row two mezz EZ corner premo jets seats for sale at 4K each as they already have buyers remourse. And they got good seats.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

So far nobody.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Parking

Jets just said Club seats get VIP parking at $35 and upper deck and regular PSL all in same lots at $25. Lot assigned will be based on home address. And yes we have to buy parking for pre-season. So parking is $250 bucks next year.

What BS when jets implied PSL may give you better parking than UD>