Do we actually root for the Fish this week?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HOI, Nov 5, 2009.

1. even_flow

even_flow New Member

pats always seem to have a brutal schedule too.

november:

phins
    colts in indy
    saints in new orleans

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

no scenarios necessary, i will never ever ever ever want the dollfags to win anything. if the jets cant do it themselves and need to have the dollfags help i dont want it.

i will not root for the patriots at this point either so it really didnt matter to me who won that crap game.

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

AMEN. The only perfect outcome would be spontaneous combustion of the stadium.

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

so the Pat cheaters are the leader again! FK! Jets better start winning or no hope for playoff!

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Perfect!!!

We beat the Jags and the Colts beat the Pats.

In two weeks we play the Pats for first place.

Even if the Colts don't do it, the Saints will. As long as we win out next two first place is ours again.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Yeagh, as long as we beat the PATRIOTS!!!

7. DAPATS

DAPATS New Member

Oh OK Nostradamus. I guess you have a gift of being able to predict the future. What will be the score when the Pats and Saints play?

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it doesn't matter what the goal is before hand, the only thing that matters is the situation the team is faced with at the present.

so, you just admitted in 02 you didn't want the Jets to win the division because it depended on the Dolphins winning a game. that's not just stupid, that's really fucking stupid.

9. MadBacker Prime

41-28, SAINTS.

Drew will pick that secondary apart.

Good job against the Phins though! Nice to see those fuckers lose a game they're supposed to lose.

10. MadBacker Prime

Trolling a Phins forum I found this genious post from a PhinPhan-

"Was a pretty lack-luster performance by our WR's. Ginn just looks scared on every play unless it's a fly pattern down the field where nobody can lay a hit on him. Still drops 99% of those. But I agree, many of the other WR's just looked as mediocre as the rest of the NFL thinks they are. Although Cam had a pretty good catch at the end of the game (too bad it was a waste). I think until we spend a top pick or $$ for f/a true #1 WR, we are not going to have any passing threat against anyone. As painful as it's been to watch, you can see many of our younger guys (QB, DB's, OL, etc.) progressing with the playing experience. Problem is, until we shore up a few spots (WR being at or near the top of that list), we just won't be a contender for the SB."

I had no problem with the post until that last sentence. He's right they do need all those positions and more, but SB contender??? hahahaha

How about Wild Card contender first. Watch out, if they get a top WR they're going to win the SB, lol. :rofl:

11. HOI

HOI Active Member

I have to say those fin forums are pretty entertaining. I saw one this morning where a guy made his AFC East predictions for the rest of the season.

Pats 11-5
    FINS 10-6
    Jets 7-9
    Bills 5-11

Thats right. This big bag of homer douche has the now 3-5 Fins going on a run and finishing 7-1. I've never seen fans of a team with a losing record so confident. Its such a contrast between us. When we have a winning record we are just waiting for it all to blow up. These jackass have a losing record and think they are right around the corner from a 7-1 finish.

He went on to claim that the Fins will take down the Pats in a few weeks at home because they almost beat them in Foxboro. LOL!! They lost by 10 and Brady lit their asses up!!

12. MadBacker Prime

With teams like the Texans, Pats, and Steelers still left, hahaha

Delusional. Their secondary is a mess and the entire league knows it. None of their remaining 8 games are even close to a lock. Even the Titans are looking better now, and the Bucs well, they beat the Packers. Bucs are atrocious though-

13. bojanglesman

To be a devil's advocate, I've seen equally stupid posts on tgg too.

Nonetheless, only in a fantasy world do the Dolphins make the playoffs. If they were to make the playoffs by miracle, they actually might be dangerous. But that will never happen. Best case scenario, the Dolphins end up 9-7. They don't have a very tough schedule ahead, but they do have the Steelers and Pats left. That's assuming they beat the Texans. Everyone else they should beat. Should beat.

The Jets don't have a great shot at the playoffs either. We have a tougher remaining schedule than the Dolphins, but a little bit better record going into it. I'd say the Jets and Dolphins will likely end up with similar records in the 8-8 to 9-7 area, neither making the playoffs.

Doesn't mean I won't pull hard for the Jets, but I'm a realist. And my opinion in no way affects the Jets performance for all of you "jinx" believers out there.

14. bojanglesman

He's not Montana, but Josh Freeman had a good game yesterday. At least a little glimmer of hope in a cesspool of football there.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I can't really laugh; they beat us twice this year and it isn't exactly like we are tearing up the league.

16. MadBacker Prime

I can laugh at them-

Them beating us has nothing to do with a dumb statement.

We did lose to them twice, but in the end when we have the better record and they're looking up at us I won't really care.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm pretty sure the Bills won't be taking the division.