Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavy Metal Thunder

Football is not a popularity contest. If that's what your into, stop following football and start following prom queen elections at your local high schools.

Ask yourself this question: "What is more important? Being liked by the media and casual NFL fans or having players that play with confidence, conviction and passion?

Exactly!!!

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE HATE THE JETS...

WHY????

BECAUSE FUCK THEM, THAT'S WHY.

2. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

I love listening to this guy, LOL.

3. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Fair enough, best response I've seen to this thread yet

4. quadcityjetsfan76

Solid points. Except the fact you think Leon is still our best offensive player. He hasn't shown a great deal to me this year with the added touches. He isn't doing anything on KO's. His stats are dwarfed by TJ's. Leon's long this year is like 30 yards. TJ has ripped of at least 2 for more than 50. Shonn Greene's numbers are on pace to be better than Leon's based on playing time (right now Greene has more TD's and avg's almost a yard more per carry) This comparison can only go until Shonn hits 71 carries. Receiving stats also show Leon may not be the best. Of the 5 pass catchers in double digits, 4 of them have longer receptions than him. Plus, they have all scored a TD. Now, is Leon our best offensive player?

I copied this to a new thread to find out why people think so much of Leon this year.

#704 quadcityjetsfan76, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  5. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

We are definitely not the clowns of the NFL.

We absolutely should have beat Buffalo, and this game we won statistically. They ran back three balls for touchdowns when their offense wasn't on the field. It's nearly impossible to win spotting the other team three touchdowns. AND there's the fact that we got raped by the ref on the last 2pt conversion. We make the conversion, we kick the field goal and go to overtime. Their offense couldn't do anything to our defense and our offense was pretty effective against them, so I think we win that game if the illegal shift isn't called. A loss is a loss, but theoretically without one of those runbacks and the ability to kick a @(#$ing field goal against Buffalo we're 6-2 going into the Bye.

This team is a lot better then it's record. It's got a rookie head coach AND quarterback. Arguably it's two top players are injured for the season and it's 4-4, and looked really good in all of those losses except really the Bills one (and we just about won that one with 6 giveaways) and the Dolphins game with regards to our defense.

Honestly in our 4 losses, the D lost one, The O lost two and special teams lost one. This is not something that's systemic. Each one of those games we had opportunities to win. In none of them did I feel like the Jets were blown out of that it was hopeless halfway through the 4th quarter. In every game we were in it till the end. It's not a situation where we have Jamarcus Russel or anything. We're not the Lions. We play in a very competitive devision and with a few plays going differently we have a much different record. It's a solid team that has a lot of room and potential to grow.

#705 TheSHRIKE81, Nov 3, 2009
  6. Vilmalover51

I don't care about what the media cares about the Jets.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Really? So then why post what Francessa thinks? Who cares then?

8. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

exactly.

i don't care about x, when x is the source of the "facts" posted to start this shitheap.
    yeah, that's some logic right there.

9. Vilmalover51

because I agreed with some of the things he was saying, I'm not begging for him to love the Jets.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

But you said you don't care what he thinks, he being media. You make no sense.

11. Heavy Metal Thunder

Ohhh so that's why you started a thread about what Mike Francessa had to say about the Jets.

You are contradicting yourself bigtime.

Bottom line is this...

I applaude Rex for sacrificing his likability and not giving a shit about the public's perception in order to instill confidence and belief in our players. You cannot become a champion until you first beleive in yourself and if it costs you public scrutiny during the hard times, so be it. He is wise beyond what you and Francessa give him credit for. You also need to realize that media clowns like Frnacessa and Benigno over-react and dramatize things on their show in an attempt to be compelling and interesting on the radio waves.

EDIT - HEMI beat me to it. Sorry for the redundancy.

#711 Heavy Metal Thunder, Nov 3, 2009
  12. Vilmalover51

Well what I meant was that I don't care if he likes the Jets or not. I still don't care about what he thinks, I just happened to agree about some of the things he was saying. I'm not crying because Mike Francesa is hating on the Jets, just agreeing with some of his points. Thats not really caring about what he thinks.

13. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

Hey is Joe Beningo a member of this forums at all ??

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I hope not.

15. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

if you took the time to hit "new thread" and then populate the little box with a bunch of words - that's caring.
    at least enough to start a discussion. trolling or otherwise.

16. Heavy Metal Thunder

You either care what other people think about this team or you don't.

1) By bitching in your original post that this team is unlikable and comparing them to some kid at school that no one likes shows you care what other people think.

2) If after listening to Mike Francessa, you now think the Jets and Rex are a "joke", you obviosly DO CARE what he has to say.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

LOL exactly, who cares if they are "unlikable"?

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yeah, LOL. Apparently Fatso does. If the Jets are "unlikable," what are the Browns, Lions, Rams and Raiders?

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This type of thread cracks me up. Who cares what other people think?

Nobody ever has an explanation for that one that I can even begin to understand and find persuasive.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I hate to use them as an example, but nobody "likes" the Patriots

Just sayin...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.