Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Please, if that was the case you wouldn't have wrote that caviat. Whenever someone writes a disclaimer like that it is because they know the opposite is true, and they don't want anyone to call them on it. Pretty easy to see through if you have half a brain. Nevermind...

But yes you are right Ryan (a rookie HC that has only coached 8 games) sucks, and the Jets (second in the division and 4-4) are clowns. You're an idiot. Sorry I just needed to vent to someone.

#561 dabrowsk1, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure there were too many "facts" actually contained in your post, but I fear you're closer to being right than not.

All the excuses about rookie qb's and rookie coaches mean nothing. This is the NFL people. Tell me again why we shouldn't be sitting at 6-2.
    Because we have a rookie QB? A rookie Head Coach? Midgets on Special Teams? That's not what they're saying.

We should come up with a top ten list of reasons we can't compete in this league and just hand it out to the media. It's frustrating as a fan of this team because we're close, oh so close to being a team to be reckoned with.
    Shit, we'd even be taken sorta seriously if we'd just shut the fuck up and play.

I like confidence, I like swagger...but I really love to win. If you can't win these games, shut the fuck up and go back to work till you can.

Bullshit walks.
    Put up or shut up.
    You play to win the game.

3. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

It's stating facts, as viewed by Francessa, who is your typical Giants fan/Jets hater.

I could give a shit if he thinks the atmosphere in the locker room is becoming terrible, because he isn't in the locker room. He's not giving you any sort of news, he's just verbalizing what he hopes and thinks is happening.

Personally I don't mind the talking, because the truth is these guys aren't overly arrogant or anything, they just aren't muzzled like players everywhere else. Sometimes people take losses hard or get overconfident, that happens in every locker room in the NFL. Most teams, the fans and media don't hear or see anything about it, because all the players are allowed to do is repeat the talking points the PR people coach them on. I'll take this any day, we've got some actual insight into how these players are handling the season. Some of their comments, particularly after the first Dolphins game, were sour grapes. Anybody who's ever been on the losing end of any sort of competition has likely had a case of sour grapes for a period of time after the fact. So anybody who wants to hate on them for having some sour grapes after a tough loss is either showing an irrational hatred of the green and white, or more likely, forgetting that these guys are just people, vulnerable to all the same weaknesses and failings the rest of us have.

As for the idea that Rex is "just making excuses", thats one of those silly rhetorical pieces of BS that always drives me wild. It isn't just "making excuses" to say that the Dolphins won the game yesterday on three plays. The Jets were the better team all day long, except for three tremendous giveaway plays (on which, Rex was quick to point out, you have to tip your cap to Ginn, but Francessa won't mention that because it doesn't fit the way he wants to characterize Ryan). It isn't "just making excuses", it's more or less what happened, and there's no reason Ryan shouldn't call it like he sees it just so some fat media jerks won't be able to accuse him of "making excuses."

Ill give you another example, two weeks ago after VT lost to Georgia Tech, Frank Beamer came out and complained about repeated illegal chop-blocks that were never called, and since they weren't called, happened all game, safety Cam Chancellor alone having been illegally chop-blocked upwards of 4 times. It's not "just making excuses" if it's what actually happened. If his guys were getting cut off at the knees all day long, he's got a valid gripe. If he had said the dirt was too hard or the fans were too rude or there weren't enough towels at the team hotel, that'd be "just making excuses" because it has nothing to do with what happened.

Most often, when somebody like Francessa accuses somebody of "just making excuses", whats actually happening is they just don't have an interest in hearing any sort of reasoning or justification for what happened, they want to dismiss the speaker's reality in favor of their own. Francessa would prefer not to acknowledge Ryan's characterization of the loss so that he can get on with portraying the team as the local B squad, despite the fact that the Giants have looked like a far worse football team the last couple weeks.

4. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Its clear to me that all you jets fans are in denial and still believe this team is good and therefore have to take it on me about how I'm an idiot and don't know shit about this team, and tell me to jump on the Patriots bandwagon and all that stuff.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's not good, but you make it sound like we're 0-8. And this whole "trash talking" thing is completely blown out of proportion. I don't understand why everyone is getting so fuckin worked up about Rex saying "we outplayed them but still lost". When you hold your opponent to 104 total yards, that's outplaying them. Our defense owned their offense and our offense did a really nice job, esp thru the air. On special teams we were atrocious but in the other 2 phases we thoroughly outplayed the Dolphins.

And yeah, Bart said that shit out of frustration. I don't give a fuck if we lose games "without class". I don't know why perception matters so much to you. That's what's CLOWNLIKE

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So, you're not a Jets fan? Wouldn't surprise me based on the username...

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I agree 100%

And I want my coach being pissed and taking this personally. I take THIS TEAM personally. WTF should the coach not? I believe (and hope) Rex is a Jet fan - since his days as a youth here with Buddy. What more can Jet fans want than a Jet Fan calling the shots. That means he wants to win as bad as we do.

Isn't that a good thing? I think so.

8. Vilmalover51

I knew someone would take that and run with it, happened to be you. congrats.
    join date 2005- Vilma was on the team, that tells me you became a fan post 2005

9. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Good Shit DiscoStu

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Yeah that's what it is :rolleyes:

11. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

You have to learn how to behave like a winner before you can become a winner.

#571 electrolyte, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  12. KSJets

KSJets New Member

So what did the fat bastard have to say about the Giants who have dropped three straight games since they started out 5-0? Probably nothing at all. I loved listening to him once when he said the Jets should act more like the Giants, but that was before Antonio Pierce said their game against the Raiders was like a scrimmage. They've lost every game since.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Leaving aside what Francessa says, because he's not a Jets fan and never will be, there IS one thing that makes me uneasy about this team. I wouldn't use the word "embarrassed," but I'm not comfortable with Rexy getting into a pissing contest with Tony Dungy. Frankly, Dungy should limit his stupid holier-than-thou rap to x's and o's and leave the shit-talking to Rodney Harrison; but, still, Rex doesn't have to respond. At 7-1 or even 6-2, this is all fun stuff. At 4-4, it makes me uncomfortable. If Norv Turner did the same thing, I'd laugh in his cratered faced. So, in the same way, I'd prefer we steer clear of these sorts of things.

14. Vilmalover51

no he bashed them pretty good.

15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The only thing that matters is that Rex has a team that respects him. I dont give a fuck what fatso thinks. As bad as somethings have gone,especially yesterday with the play calling,i still think rex has his teams ear. Thats all that matters,they respect him. We will get better and be a force i guarantee it

16. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Ah, you beat me to it. Usually I just disregard all of the typos in people's posts, but this was aggravating.

17. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I dunno, I read what was said. If Ryan had made it personal or something thatd be one thing, but he just said he didn't care. He's not Tony Dungy, he's not going to have success by trying to act like Tony Dungy, and he's under no obligation to act like Tony Dungy. And he's not the sort of person who, when asked how he feels about Dungy's comments, is going to not answer the question.

I like that, we have a team that actually is engaging in something of an open dialogue with the fans. If Dungy said something about Mangini or Belichick or a guy like that, you'd never have any idea what they think about it. The typical NFL 'respond without responding' thing is tiresome, and this is the only alternative.

I will say, if theres anybody who shouldnt be talking, its Bart Scott, because he hasn't been anything close to an impact player for this defense. But thats sort of a different thing.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Glad to see someone's stated goals are being met.
    But the players & coaches have very different stated goals.
    They want to win now, not next year.

And that's kinda what this thread is about...

19. Farva

Farva New Member

dolphins are 3-0 in the division......:beer:

20. Vilmalover51

3-1 after sunday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.