17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Fair enough. I apologize for the "please".

In my opinion, anyone in rows 8,9,10,11 etc etc inbetween the 40's in the upper deck paying $125 would have to be stone cold crazy to move to the mezzanine corners seats where you have a worse view, and pay $195 per seat plus PSL.

Fyi--I moved out of the corner mezzanine a long time ago into the upper deck and the difference in view is out of this world. While we all can fool ourselves, and convince ourselves that corner mezzanine offers an interesting view, it is not even close to the view a fan gets from the low upper deck rows close to the 50.

2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

a quick question----can ANYONE who has upper deck seats bail on them? I mean as u said if I see seats I like better than the ones I got,,can I get a refund on the ones I already purchased???

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It is a fully refundable deposit, are they better then EZ UD where I am if so eamail me if you give them up and maybe we can play musical chairs. Basically on UD just ask for deposit back or credit it to your upgraded seats.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Now that the tickets are open to the general public we'll see how all this will pan out.

If they still can't sell out where do they go from here?

Maybe they'll setup a season ticket holder package with Jet Blue for out of town Jet fans. Free air fair on game day if you buy a club seat.

Hopefully the fans that buy in will post what they are getting offered I am extremely interested in this.

If someone with no seniority gets offered better seats then the many posting in this thread we should get a class action lawsuit going!

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Looked for you during the coin toss. White jersey?

6. MadBacker Prime

Yeah, white Titans Keller jersey.

Titans knit hat on. Funny story was they were taking the captains pics before the game, and the photographer said I need 81 in there. I assumed he meant me, in which I was wrong. David Harris came into the pic and pretty much picked me up and moved me away, funny stuff.

Great experience, but a win would've have been better.

7. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I was thinking about you yesterday. I hope you got pics to share. :)

8. MadBacker Prime

I'll post them later tonight or tomorrow, the Jets are supposed to be emailing me some pics so I'll do it all in 1 shot.

Calvin Pace is a freaking huge when standing next to, well they all are. That guy looks like he can rip people in half though.

9. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Cool! I was telling the couch ass what an awesome thing your girl did for you. He said it was probably a once in a lifetime opportunity, he would do the same for me (if'en we had the bucks lol)

10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Seats Left As Of Today

UD-EZ last 3 rows, three seats only, makes no sense as it is fully refundable so buy two and cancel one if you want to sit up there.

5K PSL EW Corners, 195 ticket price, only groups of 3 left in last 7 rows. Now your certainly don't want to buy an extra 5k psl if you can't use it.

Section 236, row 2 sideline club and section 234 goal line club row 2

Great Hall Club, 25th row on 50 yard line, Jets bench, of course a 25K PSL and 700 tickets.

All good 4k and 5k PSLs gone. The sidelines left are mainly in the higher rows so makes sense at that point to be in club with a smaller PSL price and better stuff.

That said, remember everyone has had a chance to buy a ticket, I think the Jets have until Thanksgiving and then everyone who wants one has one, all really good seats are gone and unless Jets are playoff bound might as well save next full court push till spring and after you collected for the 2010 tickets.

Anyone who has not bought a seat by end of November is waiting for the next deal. Which may not come if Jets sell it out or decide not to go crazy discounting last few thousand seats. Those people without a seat in new stadium are playing chicken and hope for a new discount or hope Jets sell unsold PSL seats as season tickets without a PSL or fPSLs are over priced and hope to pick up a used one at 1/2 price on ebay (like a timeshare secondary market), of finally bought a new big screen TV and plan on sitting at home from now on.

People in UD EZ or last rows UD sidelines are wildcards if they give deals to existing season ticket holders to move down as Monte Hall once said they are most willing to make a deal. They like Jets enough to have bought seats in New Stadium and only did not move down due to pricing.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

LOWER BOWL
    31,654 Total Seats

Giants $5000 PSL Seats - 19,732 (Jets total number would be reduced by the # of seats in the above 4 sections.)

MEZZANINE
    17,990 Total Seats

Both Teams have 10,905 $4k PSL Seats (Mezz A and B)

Thus totaling the Lower and Mezzanine seats, the Jets have 30,637 (minus seats in Sections 108-118-133-144) $4k and $5k PSL seats to sell.

UPPER BOWL
    28,804 Total Seats

EndZone Uppers....................... 11,791 Seats
    First 4 rows Upper Sideline......... 2625 Seats
    Sideline Uppers........................ 14,388 Seats

TOTAL SEATS IN STADIUM: 78,448 (the balance of seats are in the Club Suites).

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I can't even imagine why someone would pay anything for upper endzone or upper endzone corners. You're so far removed from the game/field at that point- you're really better off investing the money in a new TV and watching from home.

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm technically upper sideline but in the corner, same corner I have now just 50 miles higher. To me I like being there and getting out of my house, it allows me to get away from everything and focus on the game. I also like to tailgate and make the game an event a handful of times a year. Where I sit in the stadium isn't that big a deal to me--ideally I'd love to keep my section 128 seats forever but that's not an option. Between recording the game and watching it later, and the big screens they'll have in the new place, I'm not missing anything.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

The thing with the old stadium is, there truly "isn't a bad seat in the house," as has been so oft stated. It remains to be seen how good an experience it'll be for us in the uppers next year. My old seats in the Mezz are ideal because we're out of the rain. I'm on the sidelines but at about the 10 or so.

My new seats have me on the upper sidelines (342) at about the 20 (looks like). Better sideline position but a hell of a lot higher up, so I'm not going to make any calls about how I like or don't like my new seats until I sit in them a few times. Good thing about being PSL free is I can walk away anytime I want with no repercussions.

Already have my Samsung big-screen hanging in the family room with Comcast DVR capability. I can always tell Woody to shove the tickets up his behind if I'm not happy.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

My old seats are 328. I think they're great seats.

Next year, I'm 346. I'm not so sure what to think. I won't know till I get in there.

I have 2 boys and I am just happy to be able to get them in to see the team I love play ball.

It is still 100% worth it for me.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Why sit in UD, well for some of us it is a price thing. I guess if I was in the mezz corner this year and liked it I would have paid 4k to sit there next year.

My pair of seats I sit in for this year in new stadium is a 40K psl, (8k deposit, $3,466 a year for 15 years) and 3K a year for tickets.

So my choice was either hand a check over today for 8K +3K = 11K or move to upper deck and pay $1,900.

Plus I would not even get to stay in my row, I would move back a few rows anyhow.

To be honest Jets could have raised my seats to $250 a ticket and I might have stayed. It is the 40K psl that gave me pause.

18. JIMsection323

JIMsection323 New Member

Heres a stupid questions but im just curious. Whats the deal with the plastic covering the seats? Anyone else notice this?

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

It is in case the Jets win the Superbowl and 82,000 Jets fans shit in their pants.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

ROJF is right but they also serve a dual purpose. We can suffocate ourselves if we go 4-12 this season.