STFU Bart Scott

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PJ4Ever, Nov 1, 2009.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Jets D did hold the Dolphins to only 9 points. any attempt to claim otherwise either reveals you to not be smart enough to know what he is talking about or you are just a troll. you choose which your response indicates you to be.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

I was afraid I would find lots of posters defending that classless snark attack. Oh well.

Pre-emptive strike: Yeah yeah I don't have rights to say yeah yeah start flaming me. What you don't get is its exactly that attitude on behalf of people (players or fans) associated with Jets that is the problem. "We can say whatever we want, but you can't." Bite me. Bite Miami.

Not slamming the Jets here, just those with that pathetic attitude.

3. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

That is the point here.....he did walk the walk,a nd so did the rest of the D.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

what if i don't give a shit what bart scott said and also don't give a shit about what anyone else has to say about the jets, is that an acceptable attitude?

5. JetBlue

what in Sam Hell are you babbling about?

6. DZimmer000

DZimmer000 New Member

Bart Scott is really a classless clown....."Remember when you win to say little.....When you lose say less."

But I came by the this site to say....Nice try this year against the Dolphins. In both games your team gave a good effort.....But to no avail. Good luck the rest of the year guys. And we'll see you next year.

7. Ohio Fanatic

Ohio Fanatic Banned

It is if you're an obnoxious Jets fan. (and no, not saying all Jets fans are obnoxious)

8. JetBlue

only drama queens can turn this into a dramatic matter. he talks, BFD. if it bothers you, that speaks more about you than him.

this is football. all it is is entertainment. Bart Scott is thus inherently an entertainer. his yapping is entertaining.

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How so? What's worse is the fins getting all bent out of shape about it

10. ToddisGod

ToddisGod Banned

what did he say, I have not heard anything? I thought Rex's comments after the game sounded a bit like crying over spilled milk. To me though it still seems better to have guys and coaches and and attitude like this then the moribound Coach and attitude we carred the last 3 yrs.

11. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

See my sig. I loved it. Anyone crying over it, well, I've said my piece. It's truly just beating a dead horse now.

12. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Bart was just on 1050. He's passionate, he's pissed the Jets lost, he's confident that his team is a playoff contender, and doesn't believe Miami is. I see no problem with that.

13. swft2strk

swft2strk New Member

Ha Fucking Ha! Bart Scott is the fuckin' man. I can't believe some of you supposed "Jet" fans want us to show respect to a division rival. Bart Scott and our defense shut that Miami offense completely down, so I love the talk. Keep talking #57...your sarcastic remark was dead on. To the OP...Shut the fuck up, grow a pair and back our team up or go root for the Dolphags you fuckin' clown. We're 4-4, it's not the end of the world. We finally have that mentality that says "We're not content with where we are. We don't accept losses and expect to win against every team. Actually we expect to dominate teams." That's the mentality we have with this team and it starts with Rex and it goes down through the players.

I apologize for the language but I hate pussy fans who don't expect their player's to play with an edge, a swagger and a confidence that they can compete and win any and every game no matter who the competition be. We've had some unlucky breaks, but with each consecutive game our team will just develop a stronger chemistry and if we keep adding Rex Ryan's guys through the draft and free agency...I have no doubt in my mind we will be one of the elite teams in the league in the coming years.

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont see scotts comments as "We're not content with where we are. We don't accept losses and expect to win against every team. Actually we expect to dominate teams."

had he said that and only that i think everyone would have understood his commitment and want to win.

HOWEVER he didnt say that and or only that he sounded like a little whiny kid being sarcastic and a typical douche.

he sounded just like a 13 year old kid talking back to his parents.

15. swft2strk

swft2strk New Member

I was talking about the mentality of the team collectively. And just because Bart Scott made a sarcasctic remark about a faux offense in Miami that they shut down, while most commentators and analysts have been raving about the wildcat offense, doesn't make him a little kid. He's basically saying "Hey that offense is overrated and we proved it". It's football dude...football players talk shit get used to it. Bart Scott and the Jet defense backed it up. I give all the credit to Ginn making people miss tackles and having the speed to outrun the entire kick coverage team.

Obviously there were some personnel decisions and questionable coverage scheme on those kickoffs too but whatever. Based on your response I think most "intelligent" posters on this site understands his commitment and desire to win. But whatever...I'm gonna go smoke up lata.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

That's fine. Just don't say this and come back in some other thread & say that the rest of the NFL should give the Jets more respect. You (nobody) gets to have it going both ways. You want respect and people to think your class, then you gotta show it. Clearly Bart Scott does not want anyone else in the NFL to think the Jets have class, or deserve respect. Keep this up & the only thing you can hope for is fear -- and that requires winning, and winning dominatingly, first. Til then nothing good comes of this.

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Me, for one. The Jets only outplayed the Dolphins from scrimmage. The Jets forgot about special teams.
    It doesn't matter if you "outplay" a team. Outscoring your opponent is the goal.
    Awful loss by the Jets yesterday.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

This. :rofl:

19. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Why the hell is everyone so worried about our team being "respected"? Who cares what any other team or their fans - or the media for that matter - think about the Jets and our players?

If they want to talk shit about other teams, especially the hated Dolphins - talk shit. I would much rather see that then a T.O. type situation where you have a guy mouthing off against his own team and causing a major problem. As long as they stay united as a team, I'm not worried.

Keep doing your thing Bart.

20. JetBlue

which is where the majority of the game occurs, and generally when you outplay your opponent significantly form there you win the game. hell, it usually isn't close.

that's why special team plays are so exciting when they break for big gains -- they are almost a fluke, you just can't game plan to win a game on special team returns.