Vernon Gholston

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Oct 19, 2009.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Fullback, Tight End, Left Guard.

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I see that he improved upon last week's performance and was actually credited with 2 assists, building upon last week's solo assist.

That being said, I'm doing my best to try and find this guy on the field and am not having alot of luck. The one time I did catch him he was standing up, looking at a gang-tackle.

Maybe someone else caught sight of the guy- did he play with some frequency? What postion? Was he taking up space and allowing others to make some plays?

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

[​IMG]

"I see dead weight."

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I saw him get blocked into somebody, knocking them off the tackle on Ginn's second runback.

5. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

There was one play - I think it was a big play - either a run or screen where VG got Tossed like a rag doll so far downfield that he was eventually back in the play...

At 1st I was like - "ohhhh, at least VG was pursuing and he helped contain.." Then I replayed it a bunch at commercial and it was comical how VG became part of the play - He was basically tossed up in the air and happend to land near the play - And if you really look t it, it was his fault the play went anywhere from the point of attack.....

I'll look for the tape... I'm sure others can help...

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i believe mangini owes us another 1 sided trade to continue to soften the burden of gholston.

jil

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

It's to the point where I don't even think about Gholston during the game. It's not until I see his name pop up on here that I am reminded he is even on the team.

8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I agree. I just assume he's going to be non-existent and if he does anything it's a bonus. At this point, I would not even flinch if the Jets released him (although I know that's not gonna happen).

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

VG is like that loser stock in your portfolio......lost value as soon as you bought and you figure OK it will come back......

and it keeps slipping, steadily losing value along the way.....

until you say F it and sell, taking whatever you can get.

actually i am not sure the jets will get any return from this one.

jil

10. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

I finally wrote off Gholtston's professional football career on the play right before the 2 minute warning in the first half.
    Henne threw a short left out to Fasano on 3rd & 18. Gholston came off his pass rush to chase the play. He had an angle on Fasano who was running down the sideline for a 10yrd gain. Lowery & Strickland came up from the secondary to gang tackle him. Here was a chance to unleash the rage of football on someone. Opponent on the sideline putting his head down & you've got other guys there to gang tackle him. I remember this scenario playing in HS & I wanted to hit him so hard it would kill his family.

Gholston actually looked like he tried to get out of the way so as not to interfere w/them being able to make the tackle. He didnt even bring himself to push the whole pile out of bounds. I swear the guy just fell at everyone's feet at the moment of impact. Zero emotion, zero fire. If that had been James Harrison, Fasano would be in a hospital bed right now w/the chaplain coming in to read the last rites.

He'll be on our roster until his contract has no CAP hit value & then we'll let him go.
    He won't become anything special on our roster or anyone else's.
    After we let him go, I seriously doubt he'll be playing football again.
    He'll never amount to anything special ---- he's had PLENTY of time to show us SOMETHING.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Yea the loss of trusnik in the edwards trade hasnt been important :finssuck:

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am officially saying Gholston = mega-bust

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Too late, mate. This has been said several times. He hasn't shown enough improvement and I am reluctantly agreeing with you.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

sigh...i hope there is an uncapped year not so that we can sign a 1000 free agents but i want the jets to cut him and just move on from this debacle

15. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Excellent...

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Gholston continues to play hard and to improve his game. He should be a good player as he continues to develop despite some of the losers on here who like to trash their own guys.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Again, here you are defending the guy but at the same time calling us "losers" because you think we're trashing the guy. For those of us who missed his gameplay yesterday, can you please fill us in on the highlights? That was actually the purpose of my "bump," since I was watching the game with 2 kids running about the room and didn't have the opportunity to que in on 'ole Vern.

Specifics please....

*Edit- given the fact that everytime I mention the guy's name you come back with some blanket attack against the rest of us, I am firmly convinced that you own at least 2 Gholston jerseys, each with a different number, a Gholston coffee mug, fathead for the wall and hold some sort of leadership post in the local "We support football players who play like shit" fanclub.

#77 KOZ, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  18. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Good to see so many of you have seen the light and recognize what the ghost truly is...

B
    U
    S
    T

When you can't make the field during a 38-0 blowout, nuff SAID

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Gholston is not a complete football player and I'm afraid he will never be. I actually feel worse about him this year that I did last year, because he actually seems to know his assignments/role much better and is just getting manhandled out there. Even when he gets close to a sack with his bull rush, he can shed his block at the last second and make the play.

20. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Most of the fantasists are finally acknowledging reality, but amazingly a few holdouts remain.

Fortunately, I don't think anyone who actually works for the Jets is among them. Whew!

I have this weird feeling that VG is going to sell me a condo in Vegas one day. Not his own personal condo, but one of many that he sells in the course of his duties as a successful condo salesman. And when I move in, there's going to be a nice fruit basket on the kitchen counter, and a card that says:

"Welcome to Vegas, buddy! Call me for anything -- Vern."

Because VG is a nice guy and has made me feel like a friend. That's why he's such a good salesman! God bless him.