Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

The STs put us in a hole and the OC ensured we wouldn't climb all the way out of it. It's as simple as that.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Wait so now we are blaming Schotty for Greene fumbling the ball? Lol, it doesn't get more ridiculous then that. The offense netted 23 points in the second half, it should have been good enough to win the game. We lost this game because we gave up 21 points on KO returns and TOs.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We went for for 2 twice and missed.

4. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

and the dolphins(stupidly) went for 2 and missed after the jets first miss. with all the 2 point tries it was a 1 point swing in the end. completely meaningless.

5. winstonbiggs

I agree with you but the truth is Miami can't defend the pass and we should have thrown the ball all over them from the first time we had it. We probably score 40 on them but instead we took the air out of the ball and let them hang around which is why they won.

I'm sure that was Rex not Shotty.

6. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

apparently you struggle with basic math as well... instead of 2 missed 2 point conversions which = ZERO points, you kick 2 extra points and trail by 3. kick field goal, go to overtime... pretty simple math

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

apparently you struggle with basic logic, see my previous post.

8. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

So who do you blame when Devin Hester makes a return? Ginn is arguably the fastest player in the league and we have good STs and we couldn't stop him. On the fumble, Greene has good ball control but the defender grabbed the ball at the right angle. Those are both part of the game; they happen and you play on. Bad playcalling is a beast of a different color, and it's the one that bit us in the ass.

9. winstonbiggs

Clearly this was a case of dumb and dumber. You can't assume that if Rex isn't a dumb ass Soprano won't be.

10. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

With Trusnik to the Browns, B. Smith injured, Carroll inactive, Izzo 34 and Murrell inactive I would count to ten before saing we have a good special team unit. 4 players out of 11 out makes a lot of difference.

11. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

i think we need another fire shotty thread. he suks

12. Attackett

This is an argument against Schotty that I can buy. I can understand the ground and pound mentality but you gotta play the match ups as well. I thought we should come out throwing as well, I agree that is more on Rex though. Bottomline though is the O did enough to win, so did the D, the STs not so much.

13. winstonbiggs

One thing the Pats did when they won SB is play a ton of starters on specials. We had allot of injuries on specials, took the air out of the ball and had scrubs playing specials. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but sometimes if you want to play a 9 3 game you better plan for it.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

Of course you can, in this case. An XP on the last Dolphins TD would've put them up 11 if the Jets had kicked the previous XP, no one goes for 2 to go up by 12 points.

15. Attackett

You blame the STs, easy enough answer. You are not going to win many games when you give up 14 points on KO returns. we are not a good enough team to hand a team 21 points and overcome it.

16. zoobooz

zoobooz Member

I just want to say thank you. I don't agree with going for 2 so early, but because we did Miami did and failed, too. The 2s were worthless. Going for both XPs would have been just as meaningless, unless you think Miami would miss their XP. To those complaining, this is a moot point.

As for Schotty, outside of that last series I can't complain. The offense did what they needed to do until the last couple plays and pressure was too much. I would have liked a run on 2nd down, but if Sanchez completes a pass I'm just as happy. Sanchez was the one that got us there. He needs to be the leader and in time will make that play. Not his greatest game, but he brought us back over and over at the end. To lay this on one play call though is extremely asinine.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

There are a multitude of reasons for why we were in the hole that we were in, but the issue is that the team overcame all of those reasons (the fumble, the blown illegal shift call on the two pt conversion, a possible missed fumble by the officials and the 2 KR returns) and within 2 minutes we had the ball at the 12 staring at a 2nd and 6. You can defend Schotty and say he didn't lose the game but his awful playcalling there at the end certainly did not put us in a better position to win this game. The worst thing that could have happened in that situation happened. It's the job of the OC to prevent his team from being in that situation. Like him or not but he failed at the end of the game to put his team in the best position to win.

18. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

This thread is the reason why it?s embarrassing to be a Jets fan sometimes. You guys want to blame the offensive coordinator of the Jets as the reason for our loss when:

1. The special teams gave up 2 kickoff returns for touchdowns

2. Greene fumbled the ball for a touchdown. I can?t believe that someone blamed Schotty on this one also, and said we should have given it to T-Rich.

3. Fans were demanding that we run a conservative, run-oriented offense, and we did exactly this for the last 2 weeks. It worked against the horrible Raiders but after the first half of today?s game, it was clear that this approach wasn?t working because the Dolphins were stacking the line and stopping the run. Thus, during the 2nd half we open up the play book and allow Sanchez to throw the ball, which results in 3 touchdowns and almost a 4th which would have been a game winner. Yet some fans still thought it would have been a great idea to run the ball on every play at the end.

4. Faneca has been playing poorly all season and gave up an easy sack on the play after the alleged game-deciding 2nd-and-7 pass play that resulted in a 1 yard gain.

5. Sanchez could have audibled into a run during the 2nd-and-7 pass play

6. The play calls during the last drive were the reason why we had the chance to score at the end

7. In fact, if it wasn?t for the play-calling and adjustments during the 2nd half, we would not be in a situation to win the game. It is stupid to blame the outcome of the game on 1 play when 50 other plays have also affected the outcome of the game.

Carry on.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the Fins going for two was meaningless for them. it was dumbfounding that they did, and there is nothing to indicate that the Fins wouldn't have gone for that same meaningless two had we been 1 point closer because we had kicked the first extra point we skipped.

20. jessedog

jessedog New Member

I have no problem with the play calling at the end of the game. We settled for a field goal early in the game because we couldn't run it in and Sanchez had a good 2nd half throwing the ball.

For those that say we should have come out throwing in the first half, I can't agree. Sanchez is not ready to take over a game from the start. His accuracy was terrible the first half with balls going into the ground and just missing receivers. I thought the game plan was fine today, run first and throw when needed. Special Teams and not going for extra points contributed to the loss.