Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

didn't know the game ended on the last Ginn return. My bad. I was watching where we were in perfect position to win,just need 6 yards on 3 trys,and to burn some time. Istead we throw and stop the clock with incs and waste downs

2. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

as much as i dislike the playcalling on offense, ted ginn scored 2 tds on special teams. our offense put up enough points. our defense held the lphins outside of rick williams. tedd ginn ruined our day.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Psst, come here, in case you didn't know it the "unstoppable" running game you keep talking about had gotten stuffed on 3 plays from the 5 yard line in the first quarter forcing us to kick a fieldgoal.

4 yards does not a touchdown make, unless your on the 3 yard line. Fact is we were at 3.2 yards per carry....again the OC wasn't brilliant, but the fact is you win as a team, the dolphins shouldn't even have been that close at the end.

And for all you yahoo's blaming Schotty for not running, and i'm not a Schotty fan, but 3/4's of you'd be saying teh OC blew it if they had done what they did in the 1st quarter and gotten stuffed by doing 3 or 4 runs.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I could have sworn it was the O that kept this game from becoming a blowout.. There are a bunch of reasons we lost this game, the OC is not one of them. Saying otherwise is beyond ridiculous.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nope. The 2nd quarter drive turned into a FG because the Jets passed on 2nd and 5 setting up 3rd and 5 and then incompleted on that too. TJ took the ball from the 9 to the 5 on 1st and goal and then the Jets changed things up and kicked a FG instead of scoring 7.

6. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

I don't know why you go for a pass. There's a first down waiting for you at the 2. No more Dolphins time outs, you have 2. Run the ball every down until you score. There's no sacks when you run the ball. Especially against a team that's dropping 7 into coverage.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Can we at least acknowledge how terrible Sanchez played as a factor in some of these decisions? The pass you're talking about on 2nd and 5 was a good play call, Edwards was running wide open in the back of the end zone and Sanchez floated it away.

I'm no fan of Schottenheimer but they can't run the ball every down and Sanchez and his terrible execution is killing the Jets time and again. What are the pass options at this point? Call a pass play and hope a WR makes an amazing individual play to catch one of Sanchez's ducks? That's the only way the Jets are picking up yards through the air lately.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Another dumb thread. We put up 25 freaking pts and the game is on the OC?? If we pass and score, you would have been sucking his balls all the way! Execution is something the players have to do.

9. Going4TheGreen

Dude, we punted just as many times as the Dolphins. The Dolphins who have a bad secondary. The D allowed them only 7. Pettine made his adjustments from game 1, and Schotty out thunk himself...(again).

10. typeOnegative13NY

I don't see anything dumb about being upset that the OC didn't call another run on 2 and 6,3rd and 6 and 4th and 6. What i do see as dumb,is trying to convince yourself the game ended when Ginn ran the 2nd td back. Where i was sitiing there was still more time on the clock. Explain how the thread is dumb,please

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Our offense scored 23 points in the second half, we gave up 21 points off returns and turnovers. Which one cost us the game?

12. Going4TheGreen

??? You would like to pass when the field has shrunk to 20 yards total including the EZ and they are dropping 7 in coverage? 4 yards does make a touchdown if you do it when you are going to use 4 downs anyway. 4 yards a play grants us a TD.

13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I agree we loss because:

1. We gave up 2 KRs and a fumble recovery for TDs

2. Rex Ryan going for 2 too early.

3. Shotty's play calling on the last drive.

Did anybody thought it was strange how on that last offensive play we had almost all our receivers in the end zone rather than some trying to get the 1st down?

14. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Yep offense put up over around 350 yards total offense, and 25 points but it's the offenses fault we lost the game. some say Ginn is fast, but I saw 2 easy missed tackles on his second return, I didn't see the first return.

Again, OC wasn't brilliant, but to say the OC cost us the game is just plain assinine.

15. typeOnegative13NY

But the game is 4qtrs,not 3. Regardless,we still had a shot at the end. When you get 4 yrds on 1st down,you run it again and take time away from the phins should they need to drive down the field. Also force them to use their TOs. We instead threw and stopped the clock and wasted downs. bad play calling

16. Going4TheGreen

Well, ST has nothing to do with Schotty letting rook Greene get the ball in the pinch. I'd rather give 49 the carry if Jones was fatigued. Offense netted 16.

You suck as much as Schotty at protecting Schotty as much as he sucks at picking logical plays based on down/distance and game circumstance.

17. typeOnegative13NY

Does everybody agree that had we run the ball 3 times,we would have got the 6 yarda and the 1st down?

18. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

This loss occured because the coach was chasing points... end of story... specials cost us points, coaching cost us the game. They way we were dominating the game, why we chased points in the 3rd quarter is still beyond me... pathetic...

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

How did being down by 5 points at the end of the game instead of 4 cost the Jets the game?

20. SanityRemoved

SanityRemoved New Member

That pretty well sums it up. Shotty looked like he wanted a mention on Sportscenter where people couldn't believe the play worked. Well he won't and the plays didn't.