Tim Teblows

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa, Oct 27, 2009.

1. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

Tim Tebow: No answers

Tim Tebow's 2008 season was defined by "The Speech." Saturday night, after what
    was unquestionably the worst performance of his Florida career, the Gators star
    had nothing to say. It marked the first time as a starter (besides the Kentucky
    concussion game) that Tebow was not available to the media.

I'm not one of those writers who feels an athlete is morally obligated to help
    fill reporters' notebooks, and it's hard to criticize a guy who's never once
    complained about his highly public existence. But Tebow's rare bout as a recluse
    speaks volumes about the level of frustration he's undoubtedly feeling right
    now.

Saturday night at Mississippi State, the former Heisman winner threw not one,
    but two interceptions that were returned for touchdowns (both on tipped passes,
    both by Bulldogs freshman safety Jonathan Banks). The first, just before
    halftime, came on a third-and-goal at the eight and let Mississippi State back
    in the game. The second, after Florida had pulled away 29-13, came when Tebow
    tried to throw out of his own end zone late in the game.

Tebow finished just 12-of-22 for 127 yards on the night, his lone highlight
    coming on a 26-yard touchdown run.

"He's very frustrated," Gators coach Urban Meyer said Sunday. "He's used to
    playing at a certain level."

Tebow is hardly the only one to blame for Florida's continued offensive woes.
    The offensive line has allowed 10 sacks in the past two games. Receiver Riley
    Cooper and tight end Aaron Hernandez continue to be the only pass-catchers of
    note. And the Gators have been downright horrendous in the red zone, scoring
    just two touchdowns in 15 tries over the past three games.

Still, Tebow is the one with the "Superman" label, the guy who television
    announcers talk about "willing his team to win" at least 10 times per broadcast.
    So far this season, that image has been shattered. He's thrown eight touchdowns
    in seven games. He's been held below 200 yards passing in all but one game. He
    remained on most Heisman Watch lists coming into the week, but after Saturday
    night's display, I don't see how that could possibly continue.

We came into the year debating whether Tebow might become the best college
    quarterback in history <http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/stewart_mandel/08/27/tim-tebow/index.html>
    . Right now, he's not even on the short list of best quarterbacks this season.

Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription <http://tcr81.tynt.com/ads/SI%20Subscription/ccCFqQFFmr3OTvab7jrHcU/0V3uJU0Gi>

2. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

yet no one even mentions ponder whos having the best season with exception of maybe clausen of any qb in the country right now...

Ponder-70% completions, 2176 yards, 12TD, 1 INT, 137 Rushing yards, 2 Rushing TDs

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I think Teblows overrated, he throws balloons up like Noodlearm Pennington, he looks to run on every play, there's no way he's an NFL QB...

4. Lamb Jones

Lamb Jones New Member

He won't be a qb in the nfl. theyre already talking about turning him into a tight end. i personally can't stand him but i blame that more on the media for making him out to be the best thing since sliced bread. you have to give him credit though, when he runs he puts his head down and runs over people. too bad that won't work in the nfl.

5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree he has guts, but in the pros they will hand him his head right back...also he runs in slow motion, wtf is his 40 speed?

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Hate on 15 all you want.. I mean, I do. I hate the retard.

Just make sure when you're hating on him, you realize he's one of the best College Football players ever. Seriously. Ever.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How many National Championships has FSU won over the past four seasons? None.

How many National Championships has Florida won over the past four seasons? Two...maybe three.

What's Christian Ponder's record as a starter? 12-8...in the ACC

What's Tim Tebow's record as a starter? 28-4...in the SEC

SEC > ACC

Give me wins over stats any day of the week...

The fact that you guys think he's overrated just shows how little you know about the game.

Throw out all of that in-state rivalry bullshit. It hasn't even been a rivalry since #15's been the starter at Florida. 45-12 and 45-15...I see a trend here: maybe the Noles will score 18 in 2009?

#7 Mr Electric, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

What a terrible thread. You didn't even link to the article you copied.

9. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

How do you define one of the best ever? Because he's not top 5, or top 10, probably not even top 15.

10. Lamb Jones

Lamb Jones New Member

I don't know were you guys are coming up with best ever crap. The guy has no doubt been successful but I can think of at least 20 college quarterbacks off the top of my head better [all time], than him. How can you say that when the guy is projected as a tight end in the pros.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Are you kidding me?

Tebow won the Heisman trophy and two National Championships...playing in the best conference in college football. He has a chance to win two Heisman's and three championships.

He is arguably the greatest leader of ever at the college level.

I know the team around him is very talented, but he the reason they win games week in and week out.

I don't know why people can't see him as one of the all-time greats. What's he done at Florida is amazing.

#11 Mr Electric, Oct 28, 2009
  12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

RIF. No one said he's the best ever.

13. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Probably because his shitty team is 3-4. Great quarterbacks win games, and Tim Tebow wins games. In last year's game vs the Gators Ponder had five completions, Tebow had four touchdowns.

I hate threads that do this. HATE them. Threads like this make me have to defend Tebow, and that disgusts me. What I hate worse though is bashing Tebow, and trying to pimp a second class QB like Ponder as deserving of his hype. Win some games Noley, then talk.

14. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

He's overrated, but I'm not ready to label him an NFL QB bust until he turns into a Russel.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How in the hell is he overrated? He's accomplished everything at the college level.

This isn't the draft forum, it's the college football forum...

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

^ I never got the "he sucks he won't be good NFL qb."

Even if Tim Tebow never makes it as an NFL QB, who cares? What does that have to do with anything?

And do you think you're saying something ground-breaking by pointing out that he isn't looked at as a typical elite QB prospect?

I think you meant to post here.

#16 Yisman, Oct 28, 2009
  17. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

makes me smile to see espn's golden boys fail. first brady now tebow...good days imo

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

its as simple as this.

As a NCAA football player. Tebow has been godly, yes Meyer's system is a gimick. but its been the epitome of damn near unstoppable with Tebow running it.

Tebow has done many things players only dream of.

As a nfl prospect, thats up for debate but yes, IMO hes better suited as an H-Back.

and this is coming from a devout FSU fan.

Ponder is not even close to Tebow but Ponder looks like he could actually transition into a NFL QB. FSU has no vertical passing game and their WR's cant seperate so its short to MAYBE intermediate dinking and dunking mixed with Ponder's amazing athleticism that lets him make plays.

If there was an actual explosive factor to FSU's offense Ponder would get more notice, but in the NCAA its all about how many wins your team has, and thats just the nature of it.

#18 Coach K, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  19. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

Bo Jackson
    Barry Sanders
    Charles Woodson
    Herschel Walker
    Deion Sanders

Were all better college players and thats just off the top of my head.

Hell I'd put Vince Young ahead of him. Nobody is saying Tebow isn't a great player but lets not get carried away.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Wow.

Tim Tebow has won multiple championships and a Heisman trophy.

How in the hell are you going to put Vince Young ahead of him? Big 12 vs. SEC in terms of defensive talent is laughable.

Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Herschel Walker, Ricky Williams, Eddie George, Ron Dayne, and Reggie Bush are the best running backs of all-time. You can't win a game from behind at the last minute with a running back. You can kiss Herschel Walker's touchdown record goodbye after this seasons - Tebow's going to shatter it.

Charles Woodson and Deion Sanders were defensive backs. You can't win from behind at the last minute with a defensive back.

Tim Tebow scored 55 touchdowns in a season. He has a 104 total touchdowns in his career.

Nobody's getting carried away. He is one of the best players of all-time.

When did he fail? Last time I checked, the Gators are still the defending national champions and his team is still undefeated this season?

It makes me smile to see how - I don't want to say stupid, but it might come to that - how stupid...some "football" fans can be.

The idiots that got excited when Tim Tebow got a concussion and could have been seriously injured - give me a fucking break.

You have no reason to hate on this kid other than the fact that he's the most dominant player in college football. No one can stop him, so he must be a douche bag.

#20 Mr Electric, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009