B. Schottenheimer - Favre Quote on Playcalling

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Blocker, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Enough Favre. Just shut the fuck up.

2. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Favre is all about making Favre look good. He deflects blame onto others like no other player I've ever seen and people fall for it each and every time.

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I took it as more Schotty asking him what he was comfortable running because he WAS so new to the offense. It's like "what do you know best?". Favre is just being a dick.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If I thought it was only about Favre, I would not have posted it. It was not only about Favre.

5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I meant for Favre himself to shut up, not you directly.

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If Favre really did say that then he is a douchebag. I just learned the offense so wtf does that mean? Redneck tool.

7. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Could Favre just leave us alone? Honestly, I'm happy to forget he used this team as a stepping stone to get to the Vikings and carry out his one-man vendetta against the Packers - if he would just STFU about the Jets.

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This. Why does he find it impossible to just move on? And if a reporter asks him about it, why can't he just say "I'm just thinking about the Vikings right now"? And has he once said something good about his experience last year?

He really seems incapable of letting anything go by without trying to somehow make himself look better, or somehow a victim of circumstances beyond his control.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think Schott mightn't have been too pleased with having Favre forced onto him so late in the preseason. I think the whole fiasco was a top to bottom coaching mistake. Mangini's gotta set the parameters for the relationship in a way that's going to work. And if he doesn't he's failed. Which he did.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

maybe he just forgot??

I know my Grandfather makes crap up at this point when he forgets the rest of his sentence.

[​IMG]

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

:rofl: That is awesome...

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's how I feel. It was obvious why Favre agreed to the Jets trade after this offseason (and I had already guess why during last season anyway), and I don't really care about it either way because the Jets were able to effectively move on - but damn, Favre just needs to concern himself with his current team. He has pretty much bashed the Jets more than the team he's trying to get revenge on.

And with that faggot fuck lapdog fanboy Mariucci as his mouthpiece half the time. Steve Mariucci needs to get his face kicked the fuck in.

13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Total no-win situation for Schott. From all we've heard, Favre expressed or at least implied that the playbook was too dense and should be simplified. So Schott naturally defers -- to one of the most experienced and successful QB's in NFL history -- and scales back the O. Is it any wonder then that Schott would also defer, at certain crucial points during the game, to Favre's instincts? That really surprises Favre? Obviously Schott knows that Favre likes to gunsling and improvise. For Favre to act surprised by that, what a joke. Jesus Brett, do you want to run this offense the way it was designed, or do you want to do it your way? Make up your mind!

If it really made him so uncomfortable, then why didn't Favre tell Schott, "Look, next week, just call all the plays. I'm more comfortable that way."? Is that so hard?? No, he waits a year and trashes the guy. Thanks a lot.

14. UNWarCriminal

UNWarCriminal Member

Totally agree. Why else would this even be mentioned if not to throw someone else under the bus?

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Who cares if he makes a comment about what the coaches do/did. He probably didn't like Mangini and probably didn't care much for Schotty either. It's not like he's bashing the players or the org itself.

Also if you read the quote in context, it sounds like he was just making a point that his O Coordinator was deferring to him when he wasn't even too familiar with the offense.

Shouldn't leave this part out:
    Then to add

Pretty much just making a point that he is much more at ease with the Vikings offense and that he was never really too comfortable with the Jets. Then there was the fact that Shotty seemed to overly rely on Brett, who hadn't mastered the offense he was running, instead of just calling the game, as made through the example.

#35 LeonNYJ, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  16. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I can't prove it , but have heard many rumors that last years offense was dictated by what Favre wanted. We'd all have to be foolish to think that Favre knew Shotty's playbook last year. I would think that there were numerous cases where Shotty called a play and Favre changed it to something else - after all he had the excuse that he was confused and didn't understand the playbook.

If I was Shotty I probably would have done the same thing - you don't run what I call , so just pick the play yourself Mr wonderful . I know that's not what probably happened , but for Favre to even deflect blame is BS.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Of course you would think that. You've been washing Schotty's balls for weeks. It's probably not as black and white - all Favre and no fault to Schotty - as you want to believe it is. Of course, you will probably lay the rest of it at Mangini's doorstep.

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I was waiting for Big to come on and defend BS, personally I think Big is BS that is why he always comes to his rescue.

19. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Ok , so tell me then that you think Favre knew the playbook and it was Shotty's fault - you can't.

Its one thing if you disagree with my point and want to present a counterpoint. Its another thing to just attack my opinions because you don't like the OC and I do .

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Favre is Favre, but I think it is fair to say there was likely a lot of dysfunction communication wise from the top down and the bottom up last year. Plenty of blame for everyone...

But then you look at the Vikings and how Favre is playing this year and you gotta wonder what gives... I think he even had less time to ramp up there than he did here. Are the Vikings Off that akin to the Packers? I wouldn't have thought so, but maybe I'm wrong.