** OFFICIAL SANCHEZ EATS A HOT DOG THREAD ** Merged 5x

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I think the biggest shocker of this game was that it was Sanchez, and not Russel, eating a hot dog during the game...

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I can't believe he had to apologize. He's done for the day, and Jamarcus Russell houses at least 6 hot dogs and 5 beers during a game anyway.

Watching NFL Gameday right now and Eisen just mentioned it.

3. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

LOL! Fuckin hilarious.

Hotdogs=Tasty
    Sanchez=Hungry

Do the math.

Do your thing Mark. Keep playing like you did in Oakland and you can eat bacon cheeseburgers on the damn sideline for all I care.

Edit: With a side of fries

4. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I don't think he had to apologize but maybe the commissioner does frown on that sort of thing. a bunch of guys sitting on the bench scarfing down hot dogs is probably not what goodell wants to see.

5. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Hopefully next week we can blow out the dolfruits and see Sanchez eating a flank steak on the sideline.

6. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Looks like Nathans, Sabrett or Hebrew National will be knocking down his door for an endorsement deal soon enough.

"hi, I'm Mark Sanchez...QB of the NY Jets and I love a good hot dog, but not just any hot dog. _______fill in the brand____ hot dogs are the perfect 4th quarter sideline treat when the Jets are ahead by 20 or 30 points and Kellen Clemens is on the field in garbage time. So tasty and hits the spot! __fill _in the brand__ hot dogs satisfy my Jet hunger!!

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

holy shit!

i said to a friend of mine (cowboys fan) "his stomach probably hurt. A hotdog is good to settle a stomach." i can't believe i was right. it was a stab in the dark guess.

i love being right.

8. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

As any parent of young kids will tell you, Mark was simply noting that it had been a hot dog day!

9. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Let me understand this - in a league where players shoot themselves, take drugs, beat their wives, and consort with known criminals, Sanchez is disrespecting the game by covertly eating a hot dog on the sidelines? Is that about right?

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the NFL my friend!

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I liked his response at the press conference, yeah I shouldn't have done that, I won't do that ever again now let's get on with the press conference...

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

And it would be another reason why Goodell is an asshat... this isn't corporate business world and Sanchez is scarfing a dog during a business presentation... it's a fukkin' football game, where the consumption of things like hotdogs is encouraged. :breakdance:

13. JetsFanSec129

JetsFanSec129 New Member

I think it's ridiculous this even made the news. First of all, if he keeps playing like he does I don't care if he pulls out a "$5 Footlong" from Subway. Just keep playing. It's just plain stupid anyone would bitch about it. He even said he wasn't feeling well prior to the game and needed something to eat. I don't believe there's any rules about eating on the sideline and I can't see how anyone would say that was disrespectful to the Raiders. He wasn't jumping up and down throwing down beers and doing high 5's with his teammates with hot dogs in his hands.

(It was funny though......even funnier seeing him try to hide it. Glad he's here with the Jets, that's for sure.)

14. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I bet Rex was pissed when he found out he didn't get a hot dog.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I can't believe people are pissed about this......... I was thinking he should call the beer man to wash that dog down with a cold one.

He could've wrapped up oscar meyer and coors light promotions in a 5 minute span. :beer:

:jets:

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Sanchez needs to take it a step further next week and bring a Subway Footlong out from under the bench.

From now until the end of the season, each meal grows in size and complexity.

By week 17 the camera will pan to a sideline shot of Sanchez sitting at a small bistro table being personally served by Wolfgang Puck.

17. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

I'm just very impressed that there was no mustard spillage onto his jersey....
    Happens to me every tailgate..Thank God for Shout!!

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It looked like TJ was ordering one too when they were shooting the sidelines but it never made it to camera.

Did you see him point up like he was ordering one??

19. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I cannot imagine why anyone would be pissed about this. He's a human being, and last I checked, human beings need food. WTF is the big deal about this? Am I missing something?

20. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I was thinking tuna sandwich.