Ryan Isn't Backing Down From Brash Talk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 21, 2009.

1. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

He got outcoached in Mia period. Contrary to popular belief - execution cost the Bills game.

2. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I don't see anything in the quote that is shit-talking. It's just talking period. He wants to win multiple championships. So does every other coach. Now if he said that he was going to wipe the floor with the Raiders or he WILL win the Super Bowl this year, THAT'S shit-talking. All he's doing is stating his goals. I'd personally be happier with a few more wins under our belt, but I'm certainly happy he's trying to get the franchise in the mentality of expecting to win, not hoping to win.

I'd be equally as disappointed right now with Rex Ryan at the helm, or any other coach if they were 3-3 after the 3-0 start. The confident attitude has nothing to do with it.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I just want Rex to be yelling at his players during the games...I want him to talk to Sanchez after those picks. I hate it everytime Brian Schotty is next to Sanchez coming up with a stupid scheme. Mark has to hear Brian bitch to him

4. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

UH STFU coach. I like not backing down either, but trash talking after 3 bad losses makes you look stupid. Observe:

A) We're still a good football team. I still believe in my guys... =GOOD
    B) chomp chomp chewey comp chomp I'm here to win superbowls..... =FAIL

5. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Might as well just say - I have a vagina and I don't want to to get any other team, coach or fan upset by talking honest , straightfoward truth .

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

his philosophy is basic and applies to life in whatever your doing and i love it.

"if you dont believe your the best, why should anyone else"

not so hard to understand.

7. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Let's not start sucking Rex's Dick just yet. I don't care what he says. I have heard it all. I need to see some results. There is a lot of football left to be played, so we will see. So far though it was more championship talk than actual champinship caliber performance. I want to see the results.

8. Al13

Al13 Member

so he wants to win the super bowl AND championships, wtf ???

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I get it now. When the players on defense are unprepared and cost us the game, it's coaching. When the players on offense are unprepared and cost us the game, it's execution.

10. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Sure there were plenty of mistackles against Mia - so execution could be blamed . But overall they did not have a good plan to address the wildcat. Plus I thought Sporano and Henning had a brilliant gameplan -, rex also mismanged his TO's at the end - thus the outcoaching.

In the Bills game , it wasn't anything that the Bills did, the game was decided on turnovers and penalties. If you want to blame the CS for turnovers and penalties go for it.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Funny, I could have sworn that it took a opposing player to intercept a ball. The Bills gameplanned Sanchez the same way New Orleans did, they read the kid's eyes and knew when he was making a low-percentage throw. That, plus the fact that Schotty had him throwing 20 yards down the field into the wind, means coaching had a lot to do with it.

Face it, Schotty was out-coached because he did not put his team in position to win the game. In the second drive of the game, he ran-ran-ran the ball down the field mercilessly, then when we got in the red zone it was Seminole, empty backfield pass, empty backfield pass.

He gets too cute for his own good and it will cost us as many games from an offensive standpoint as Rex's miscues with the defense do.

12. Sean_in_titletown

Step 1. Was getting rid of that rat bastard Mangini.
    Step 2. Was hiring a very good coach in Rex Ryan
    Step 3. Get rid of Tannebaum. The guy doesn't know personell. You can't swing and miss on two top 10 picks in a short time period. Gholston is a HUGE bust and Ferguson is a decent LT. Certainly not worth the top 5 selection. He trades away picks to move up in the draft and leaves the cupboard bare in roster spots 40-52. He keeps operating like he's one piece away.

13. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

That was brain dead. They couldn't stop the run, and by running we will throw less interceptions.

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Maybe the last interception that was true, the first bounced off of Edwards, The 2nd he underthrew Keller, the 3rd was a jumpball. But the Bills did not sit with a saftey deep and bait Sanchez like the Saints did. If anything they did the opposite flood the underneath zones and challenged us to throw deep - w/o much safety help as they were stacking the box.

I still contend the gameplan if executed would have beaten the Bills. I know you'll say if the Jets executed and made tackles against Mia they would have won.

To me the difference is - In Mia the Dolphins had a great offensive strategy to which we couln't adjust. In the Bills game their CS flooded the underneath and forced us to beat them deep. We adjusted and threw the ball - but couldn't execute well enough to win.

Bottom line - I've held my ground all week. I've debated with everyone why I believe the offensive gameplan was not entirely to blame in the loss. There's nothing left to say - other then we'll continue to agree to disagree.

I truly expect the Jets to win this Sunday and as such I doubt we'll be having any of these discussions next week.

15. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

16. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

I disagree. Trash talking at this point isn't swagger, its retarded. Take the high road at least until you win another game.

17. Kenny

Kenny New Member

So who did you want him to take that year Fergurson came out?? Matt Leinart.. Name a guy, that was the right pick, followed up later on by Mangold a pro bowler..

How about moving all the way up in round 1 to draft Revis, moving up in round 2 to draft David Harris..

Last year who did you want the jets to draft over Gholston? Only other guy rumored was Darren Mcfadden at #4 how is he doing? Chris Long the 32 pick isnt doing so well either..

The Jtes under tannenbaum have drafted well...

18. SportsHeckle.com

SportsHeckle.com New Member

Its in the GENES baby!! The family tree is growing with strong roots!

19. Colt45fool

Colt45fool New Member

I wish Ryan would hush up and coach. The trash talking and losing looks REALLY foolish after a while. Ryan hasn't even been taking care of the defensive side of the ball enough to get cocky about it. The defense overall has been good, but when you record one sack against one of the worst offensive lines in the league, you're not living up to expectations. At least not the ones this team set in the first three games.

Not that we were getting a lot of sacks in the beginning of the season, but we were at least putting pressure on the QB. That, and we were playing the worst offensive team we've played all season.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well, I hope they "gameplan" some sacks & turnovers this Sunday...

This team needs a fire lit under their collective ass, and at this point I don't care where it comes from...Coach, media, fans or their Moms.

I don't know what the win/loss tally is gonna end up being this year, but I fully expected the Jets to cause some mayhem along the way. The Buffalo game was pitiful to watch, and not because of the Jets offense.