This week is a must win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hoobash, Oct 22, 2009.

1. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If you cant beat the raiders this season is just over. This is a must win. Go take a look at the schedule it gets real tuff in dec and if we cant beat the teams we should its over.

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Think everybody with a brain knows this. Its easier said then done.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Raider game is not a must game. We need to beat Miami, NE and Buffallo and 4 or 5 of the other remaining games of the 10 left to get into the playoffs. That means we can lose the Oakland game and still make the playoffs. We probably can lose 2 more games this year and still get in maybe even three depending on who we lose to.

12 and 4 pretty much is a lock so 9 out of 10 gets us in. Beat NE, Miami and Buffalo we probably have the tie breaker in the division games. at 11 and 5 or 10 and 6. Lose to Miami, NE or Buffalo we might well need 9 more wins to get in.

If the goal is the playoffs than we can lose to Oakland we just have to run off about 7 in a row after that.

Figure by the bye Sanchez will be Payton Manning like and our new 4/3 will remind everyone of the 85 Bears and we run the table after the bye go 12 and 4.

I'm okay with lossing to Oakland, if we beat Miami. If we beat Oakland and lose to Miami it's going to be a killer. If I'm Rex I'm using the Oakland game as a scrimage and putting in the Miami game plan now.

#3 winstonbiggs, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am convinced there is no such thing as taking any team lightly in the NFL. Even the Lions could destroy us if we come into the game lackadaisical. Everything is earned through good play. Lets get Oakland and go from there. Miami may be a bit easier to game plan against now that Rex has seen them once. There is no secret as to what they are going to do.

#4 GreenHornet, Oct 22, 2009
  5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We see this thread every week.

6. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Not from me. The raiders are awful and if this team cant beat them they wont beat better team. Its time to see what this team is about.

7. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

We did, 2 weeks ago..
    I don't think we are going to beat the Raiders, we never do.
    I am glad there not showing it down here if FL. I need a break...

8. Pats4Ever

Pats4Ever New Member

Is this a serious post?

Oh, I get it, you're pulling everyone's leg:rofl:

9. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

were not making the playoffs this season and were not beating the raiders on sunday.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Heres to optimism!! :beer:

I disagree, we will beat the Raiders, this is a bad matchup for them.

At the beginning of the season many said being 2-4 after 6 games would be nice, so I'm content with the growing pains.

Our division is still wide open, we did beat the Pats and as long as we beat the Phins and Bills we'l be in good shape.

I think Jet fans are going to be pleasantly surprised over the next few weeks.

11. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

well that made me feel a little better, but the fact that we haven't won a four o'clock game since the Reagan administration and we lost to the god awful bills at our home who the browns beat at their home gives me no faith in this football team.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Week to week it does not matter what other teams do.

If not for a rookie mistake by the Bills they would've beaten the Pats too.

The Raiders who have been getting stomped just beat the Eagles, and that was solely based on the face the Eagles abandoned the run, which the Raiders can't stop.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Exactly...... all they need is a sunday to relax & watch gametape and drink some beers

14. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yeah, but it's 1pm in California so it will feel normal.

15. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

But someone said that the miami game last week was a "must" win. What now??? I know since last week was a "must" win game I just completely gave up on this team and now dont care about the season anymore. There is always next year.....

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm serious that the Miami game it the key game we can't lose that game and make the playoffs. The Oakland game is much more about establishing the D we are going to use to stop the run the rest of the year.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

With Jenkins out i thinking switching to a 4-3 is a must. It will help stop the run with more pressure on the line and frankly without jenkins a 3-4 is going to be a disaster.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Any divisional game is huge. I sure hope we find a way to go into the bye W W.

19. quadcityjetsfan76

The Eagles aren't an awful team. The Raiders beat them. While I agree we should beat them, schemes change from week to week. If the Raiders did more homework than we did, it may not turn out the way we want it to. Our last 2 opponenets have shown pretty well how to handle our D. Lets hope Rex and the defensive staff have come up with ways to attack that they may not expect. Schittenheimer had better have come up with something creative as well. Everyone on this board has said we should expect a scaled down playbook, and how many of us work for NFL teams? If we think it, the Raiders were thinking it after the 2nd INT.

#19 quadcityjetsfan76, Oct 22, 2009
  20. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

My thoughts exactly.