Jenkins done 4 the year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jersey Joe 67, Oct 19, 2009.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. I thought it was Woodhead initially, got all excited, then the announcers corrected themselves and said Izzo.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

after reading the articles it just so sad. He means so much to this defense.

teams will run it up the jets asses until they stop it without Jenks. fuck.

next man up is tough when the gap is so large in terms of talent.

every game will be a dogfight from here on out.

3. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

Yeah I know sunshiners are gonna be all over us for this. But dude, that's the season.

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I think just should start trashing talking again!

5. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

It's text on a screen. He added no indication that it was sarcasm. There is no voice tone on a forum.

6. JetD

JetD Member

Mr. Ryan, a defensive guru...................hope he has something up his sleeve....................and by the way...........fuck Golhsten

7. NY Sack Exchange7

NY Sack Exchange7 New Member

Agree. And I will miss the Big Man's smile and sense of laughter. I wont ever forget Jenks at the PB when he talked about his Jersey being too big! No matter what was going on, you could tell Jenks loved playing the game, and had fun while doing so. Shooting the BS with Favre last year to calming down our Rookie QB, the guy was a Monster both on and off the field. He played hard, yet always had a thin smile like the joke was on all of us. He will be missed....... sigh

8. nyjetsfan7234

nyjetsfan7234 Member

I remember after a game last year on jets post game live they said after the game Jenkins went to get some burger sliders before going to the locker room...I love this guy and im gonna miss him this season :(

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Holy crap you sound as if the guy just died....

10. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but I was almost expectiing this to happen. Jenkins is an awesome player and a great athlete, but he's such a monster of a guy, it was almost a matter of physics that he wasn't going to be able to stay healthy for the whole season. Best of luck to Jenkins on his recovery.

I guess now, with the anchor of our D line out, we'll see if the attitude of the team has really changed. If Rex has really changed the mindset of this team, we'll see our guys come out and play with some serious heart, especially without Jenkins, win or lose. At this point I'm not so concerned with making the playoffs or what our record will turn out to be, I just want to see the team playing every game like they really want to win it. That's what will show us what kind of team we have.

11. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Well Punch me in the weiner and call me charlie!

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

ya know. this team is alot more than 1 player. its a big loss but its not as if the season is over because we lost our star NT. Its up to teams to overcome injuries and keep on going.

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well too bad we didn't draft any frickin' depth to fill this hole, partially at least.

Welcome back Howard Green. LOL.

14. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

oh no - what happens to Danny Woodhead now :wink:

15. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

same here

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

yea so did I, i thought it was inevitable. I bit earlier than expected but I saw it coming, Shittttttt

17. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

I think we are now going to see Gholston in the game. All Rex has to do is switch to the 4-3. Gholston was playing well for the most part and even got a game ball. I am excited to see what he can do. He was getting double teamed or at least that's what a lot of people were saying. Now he can play at his natural position. I think he could really step it up now. Unless he is a bust like everybody has been saying.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe that made me chuckle. :) i think green will replace jenkins though so it should have no effect on woodhead.

this guy is just such an integral part of the defense, its so rare to see someone cause so damn much commotion.

mehl the other post of yours about it not being mangini and an actual guy who can gameplan and change schemes is so true! i really hope they can create something but that jenkins is so tough to replace.

19. CHADS_OVERRATED

That's a big blow for the jets,sure he's no Vince Wilfork,but he's still good.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I woke up this morning and it hit me like a ton of shit. I think I'm burned out on the Jets for the season. Rough stuff.