One of the Worst QB Performances in NFL History.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Oct 19, 2009.

?

Any Chance we Should Bench Sanchez?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2009.
  1. Yes, let him sit for a few games to get his feet under him.

11 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. Not now, but if he follows up with a repeat performance in Oak.

22 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Not unless he has a string of games like this (3-4 more).

21 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. No, he needs to take his lumps regardless of how bad he does.

66 vote(s)
    48.9%
  5. Fuck You WSW.

15 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Sanchez needs to put yesterday's game behind him, WSW......I want to see this kid's resiliency.

You bench him now...he'll never be able to get that Bills' game out of his head. Unless Sanchez gets injured...he needs to continue being the starter for this team...for better or for worse.

just my .02

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Benching Sanchez after this game would be the worst possible move that Rex could make. They started him knowing he's a rookie, and that he would be making rookie mistakes. They can't go back on that now, especially after giving him such a huge vote of confidence early on. They have to let him take his lumps from this point on. Bench him now, and he's sure to bust.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Now Miami has a great defense? There secondary is awful.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He digressed since NO??

He played good enough to win Against Miami.

12/24, 172 yards, 1 TD, 87.5 QB rating.

Yesterday was a disgusting performance, but he does have to get used to that Wind, it was blowing around like crazy. I was freezing my ass off from the win and I was bundled up like Kenny.

I agree with MB, leave him in and the best way to learn on this team is on the Job training. It's not like we have some savvy veteran as his backup.

I have the faith and I'm keeping hope alive!!

5. WhiteShoeWillis

^ I'm including the NO game.

What did the wind have to do with his shitty decision making?

6. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

But their front seven is formidable. Great's an exaggeration but Sanchez played very very well that night.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Willie there's no way you can say he's regressed since NO. He did a fine job of throwing the ball in Miami. The Film is up for everyone to watch.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

100% agree completely!

Lets also not put it all on him. Yesterday he did not have his No. 2 WR (or No. 1) and his TE was awful to say the least.

9. quadcityjetsfan76

I asked this question at work last night and got mixed reviews. Let me start by saying I am not in favor of a benching of our QB. However, based on his performance, and relative unfamiliarity with Clowney and Wright, would benching him for Clemens after the fourth pick been a wise move? Clemens probably has a better sense of the route style that Clown and Wright run. not to mention he does still have 3 years more experience in this offense. I am not calling for Sanchez's job. I am just curious as to whether, given the situation we were in, and the obvious struggles he ws going through yesterday, swiching to Clemens to finish the game worked out for us?

10. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

^ I don't think you bench him at all, he's our starting QB now and there's no looking back. One thing people are overlooking is that , Edwards is still new to the team and while he might have a grasp on the playbook - he still needs to develop timing with Sanchez . Cotch being out was a big factor yesterday and so was the weather - the winds were whipping around pretty good at the stadium yesterday

11. quadcityjetsfan76

While I agree that they can expect rookie mistakes, they also have an obligation to make adjustments to help them win the game. I am not in favor of Sanchez losing his job. There are a lot of teams that seem to lose sight of what it takes to pull out a victory. I'm not saying pulling him would have won the game for us. I was rooting for a TD every time he dropped back, but he just didn't have it yesterday.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

He could've threaded some of those passes.

That one to Braylon was right in front of me, the pass sailed away, the wind took it.

Yeah, he made some bad choices, he's 22. At 22 I would've been drinking on the bench and smoking in the huddle.

A lot of his passes seemed to be sailing up, and with some of his poor choices, you're right it was a bad game.

I think him missing Cotch reall hurt, he was his guy all training camp and the first 4 games. Cotch was 5th in the league after 4 games. I think you're underestimating how much he needs him out there, they have their timing down.

I saw many time yesterday where him and Braylon simply weren't on the same page. Braylon would hook left and Sanchez was expecting him to go right.

Simply put he had a bad game, out of 6 games this year he's had 2 bad ones, and he's only 22. I'll take it!!

Cotch will be back, Braylon and Mark will develop chemistry and great things are still to come.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

Again, I'm including the NO's game. My wording was poor.

He made some great throws in the Mia game and helped lead us to 27 points. He was also off for a good portion of that game and only completed half his passes.

First 3 games:
    49/83 4TDs 2INT's 606 yards
    87.72 Rating

Last 3 games:
    36/80 1TD 8INT's 429 yards
    26.52 Rating

14. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

I leave him in there. Five 5 ints and we only lose the game by three. I know Sanchez played like crap and it was hard to watch. Growing pains. He needs to clean up his mistakes and I believe he will. Lets stick with our QB people. There were a ton of penelties yesterday that is not the QBs fault. Hell the Jets are looking a 1st down on the bills 10 or 11 yrd line in OT but 84 has to go and hold. That set them back and a muffed snap later the bills get the ball back. This loss is not all Sanchez, blame goes all around. Lets break out of our crappy Jet fans negitivity and just support this team NO MATTER WHAT the outcome of a game is.
    :jets:

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I agree on not benching him. I disagree on lighting it up against the Raiders. That would be a gambler's move, double or nothing, and it would be just as likely to hurt Sanchez as to help him.

What the Jets need to do right now is to let him get his feet back on the ground by grinding it out on the ground. Really what they need to do is to get his only steady receiver, Jerrico Cotchery, back out there healthy to give him a good target when he needs one.

I also think there are injuries we're not hearing a lot about that are slowing Sanchez down. He has not been moving around as well since he started wearing the brace on his knee, and I still think he hurt the hand when he went in for the score on that 14 yard run earlier in the season.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sanchez benefitted from some great plays by Edwards, and that single reception by Clowney of 53 yards. Even a mediocre secondary like Miami's did not let Clowney get past them again. Sanchez was 12 for 24 for 172 yds with one TD against that mediocre pass D.

Fine job? Not so much.

17. quadcityjetsfan76

You are right the penalties hurt, especially at the end. However this thread is singling out our QB play. With better play from the QB position (bad passes, poor decisions) the penalties may not have mattered. Perhaps our QB and QB coach need to spend a little more time together in the video room. It can't be that hard to teach this QB how to look off receivers and catch the dump off guys. He has progressed very littl in this department since Darren Sharper so kindly pointed it out to everyone.

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I completely understand the logic behind being very wary of benching him. I agree with it up to the point of saying that he should start the Oakland game, and if he's okay there, keep him in (unless injury proves a factor).

But the question deserves to be addressed by those here who seem to be saying he can't be removed - at what point does he have to come out, if he continues to play even approaching as poorly as yesterday?

I think WSW was right, Ryan should have taken him out in the second half. But he stays in to start Oakland. How many ints in that game until he comes out?

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Two and he gets the hook. And I would let him and KC know that going into the game. KC be ready because we may need you early. Mark - we love you but if you turn the ball over we are going to sit you down.

20. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

sanchez for better or worse, well either make the playoffs with him or hell get the expierience he needs for the seasons to come... regardless of what happens this season he is still the guy.

even if we did bench him we arent go to do much better if better at all