OMG...Sanchez REALLY sucks!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Oct 18, 2009.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Is he being over coached? Reminds me of Kyle Boller in Baltimore. I wish he would just play the game and have fun. I hate the scenes of schotty talking to Sanchez, Sanchez looks like he hates schott.

2. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Regressing? Did anyone watch Monday night's game? I guess when you throw the ball that well, anything less is regression. Gimme a break man.

3. jerseyjet0912

jerseyjet0912 Banned

he thinks he can throw to edwards every play

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

good for you 2005 montreal canada. Go watch Calvillo.

5. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

probably because Edwards is the only respectable weapon we have since Cotchery is injured. He already exploited the match up nightmare Dustin Keller furiously. Kellers hands wreaked havoc on the football dropping every single pass.

6. cap123ny

cap123ny New Member

Shottenheimer is too much like his Dad, overrated and boring. Too predictable. So much for the 2nd coming of Broadway Joe. After today even Browning Nagle looks good! Oh for the good ole days of Richard Todd, Al Woodall, Matt Robinson, Ken O'Brian, (who else am I leaving out?)

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I understand the frustration , It was a terrible game for him but he's a rookie and 58 penalties didn't help the cause.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

And Rex Ryan may be too much like his dad, arrogant and overmatched as a head coach. The clock management at the end of the Dolphins game was putrid. Ryan's excuse after the game was that he "knew" the Jets defense would stop the Dolphins and if anything he was coaching for overtime. I suppose we can give him a mulligan, but 'cmon, he's been in coaching 20+ years. Gotta handle the clock and timeouts better than that. The playing for overtime thing really got me. Use the timeouts better and then give yourself some time to come back if Miami scores. As a head coach, you sometimes must consider the worst case scenario.

I wrote the following back in January-
    We can pin the Week 4 loss on the QB. Ryan was the goat in Week 5. Today Sanchez and Ryan can share the goat horns.
    The win over Tennessee doesn't look too special anymore. Tennessee fumbled that game away more than anything else, anyway.
    The wins over Houston and NE look good, but that was some time ago now and opponents have adjusted to the Jets schemes.

9. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

What bothered me a lot is not just the picks but that a lot of times his throws were no where near target. And I noticed that for a few games now. A lot of throws are not even close. You may say he is a rookie, but whatever the case may be, the reality is we have one of the worst QBs in NFL this year.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I noticed from the first pass HE STILL LOCKS ON HIS RECIEVER FROM THE SNAP OF THE FUCKIN BALL!
    WAKE UP YOU FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

He beat us...as Rex said "We made him look like Dan Marino".

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You missed the point. Henne is NOT a rookie. I understand he only played in 3 games in 2008 and somehow this has fooled people into thinking Henne is a rookie.

Ask Carson Palmer and Daunte Culpepper about the strides that can be made between your rookie season and your 2nd season.

I'm not too sure Kellen Clemens should have been riding pine this season.

13. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

Why did I even bother coming to the board tonight.

The sky is falling. Our rookie qb had a rookie day in bad weather. /thread

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

He needs to sit on the bench. For 3 or 4 games. Clemens may not win games for us, but he is probably less likely to lose games for us like Sanchez is doing.

15. Mossachusetts

Mossachusetts Banned

I can't wait till Sun 11/22/2009 4:15 PM vs Jets :)

No in all seriousness, hes only a rookie so go easy on him. He'll get better.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Let's give the kid a break. Yes, he's been awful. But, we need to give him a few games to respond with our full complement of weapons. I don't know what's wrong...I do know that he definitely locks onto guys too quickly and the fact he's made noooo improvement on that so far is definitely concerning.

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i would love to give him a break, but he is still staring down his targets. thats inexcusable, especially after you already lost us a game doing the very same thing. hes not gonna get away with it anymore, every team sees it on tape. hell, we all notice it, its clear as friggin day.

18. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

He looked really shellshocked....and his accuracy was SO bad! He was throwing MUCH better earlier in the year and even pre season. What's happening to this guy all of a sudden?

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just to throw this on the fire: Schotty really is not good with young QB's. Like extremely not good. Clemens crashed and burned under his tutelage and now Sanchez is regressing. I really think the Jets need to look hard at exactly why their young QB's have that lost look on their faces by their 4th or 5th start. We all saw Clemens go straight backwards after his first few starts and now we're seeing it with Sanchez.

That's got to be something in the coaching.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

GOOD LORD!!! HAHAH

I hope some of you are out of work due to a mental disabilty.

He's a friggin rookie, played great against Houston, and managed the game well enough to beat the Titans and the Patsies.

Played bad against NO. Played great against Miami, NO turnovers, and when we needed a score, he got us one.

He played horrible yesterday, there is no excuse for it. He is only going to get better everyone needs to chill out.

It took Eli years to get used to the wind in that stadium, and you expect him to get used to it in 1 game??