Top Five Reasons You Probably Don't Know What You're Talking About

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning10toColes, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Double Zero

Double Zero Member

I will give you that. I agree there's a lot of misguided rage on this board (the Dustin Keller thread being a shining example). However, there were a lot of reasons to be upset at this game. Sanchez looked lost. The Jets committed 14 penalties (96 yards). We lost to a bottom of the barrel team in our division (AND putting the Pat's back into first place). This loss hurts. To come here and see lists of why the Jets are awesome and how we gained a lot from this game are WORSE than seeing the "Dustin Keller is the sux" threads.

2. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

I agree with ya' wholeheartedly ... We ( The JETS ) need to get our heads out of our asses and start playing like the team that showed up the first 3 weeks ....

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Correction: Sanchez can't be crippled, he already is. He sits on the bench staring off into space after every bad INT. He isn't talking to coaches, loking at photos of the D, takling to his WR's... he's zoning out, California dreaming. Kid is a beach boy loser. He is following in the footsteps of a lot of other CA college QB's that sucked in the NFL.

This isn't the first week I've seen him dazed and confused on the bench. He does it all the time. And to think I believed he might be the next Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. :rofl:

4. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Last 2 weeks were for finding out what we're made of. I think we know now what we're made of-- a mediocre team whose margin for victory or defeat is razor-thin. Neither a Defense nor an offense that we can depend on to seal a game. Each week will be a very real potential for a loss. That's just reality. With a few breaks this was a 11-5 team. Now with our most dominant player likely out for the season and our Rookit QB clearly showing confidence problems, that's reduced significantly. But I'm probably wrong since I'm not omniscient like some of our brethren here.

5. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I agree with this.

6. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Maybe I'm not giving you enough credit, but I'm not going to gauge Mark Sanchez's confidence level and ability to grow into a Matt Ryan/Joe Flacco by your ability to read body language and powers of observation from a television broadcast. Call me crazy.

#26 Penning10toColes, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Good thread. Agreed 100%

8. baghead

baghead Banned

Losing sucks, but if you can't handle it rationally, maybe you shouldn't follow sports, which would be good because then this board would dramatically improve.

6. everyone on this board is used to losing I dont know why we need excuses

9. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

Suddenly, the AFC East is not even guaranteed anymore. Patriots and Dolphins are going to get into a slugfest for that top spot

10. Penning10toColes

Uh, all sports fans are used to losing...You lose pretty much half the time.

11. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

You lose half the time? So every team in every sport has a .500 record?

Sorry buddy, I see all your points...injuries, rookie QB, rookie HC, but if you're not pissed off after this loss, you just don't give a shit about this team. Really.

12. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

This actually made me laugh.

Thanks.

13. Penning10toColes

As I just said, I am pissed off by this loss. Read my previous posts.

As for losing in sports, every sports fan has seen their team have multiple losing seasons. It is not an unexpected part of sports, is my point. If you can't deal with it, you shouldn't follow sports.

14. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

Playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs! Playoffs? Are You kidding me? I just hope we can win another game

15. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Dude on this point your wrong
    The coaching staff Schotty to name teh culprit needs to be held accountable. His calls did not put the kid into position to suceed instead he put him further behind the 8ball.

16. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Every sports fan has seen their teams with multiple losing seasons. Jet fans have seen multiples of multiples of losing seasons. Losing cubed.

17. Penning10toColes

Does he get no credit for the 300 yards rushing? That's what I don't understand. And it's not like he threw those picks...He's in charge of a rookie QB who's had 4 decent games out of 6. I don't love the guy, but he's doing fine.

18. Penning10toColes

So let's feel sorry for ourselves? Is that your point?

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I don't know about sorry, but I'm definitely pissed off. Again, if you can sit back and watch this game and not be pissed off then you're incapable of emotion.

Thanks for the pep talk, Spock.

20. Penning10toColes

I've said several times I'm pissed off; I just don't think moping about it is particularly helpful.