OMG...Sanchez REALLY sucks!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

the last two QB's he lost to had fewer starts then he does so the rookie card goes out the window.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

He didn't play well, but GTFOH, he was continually put in a position to be unsuccessful. Thank Schottenheimer for that. (And I've been a Schotty supporter.)

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Schotty's play calling was terrible. Disasterous in fact. RUN THE BALL MORON.

That said. Sanchez looked terrible and clueless. He deserved to be benched.

4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If he is a rookie who is still learning and is not good enough to carry a team, the least the coaching staff could do is design a game to take the air out of the ball and do the three yards and a cloud of dust thing.

Every pass Sanchez made today looked like it was fluttering in the breeze. Where is his arm? Simms had no problem navigating the Giants Stadium winds.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you really gonna use that weak argument?

Henne didn't beat us...a gimmick offense and our poor tackling lost on Monday. And Fitzpatrick is a veteran with more starts under his belt that Sanchez......

6. mash84

mash84 Member

The coaching really is responsible for the loss. Everybody knew Sanchez was going to struggle being a rookie QB, but the CS has to put him in position to succeed. Don't make the guy throw 29 times if the running game is going well. I believe that Sanchez will be the guy if he's given time but he does need help.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Best post I've seen on this board today.

Fans should not get crazy one way or the other after a QB has only started a couple games. Games 5, 6, 7 and beyond are more telling than games 1, 2, 3, and 4. Chad Henne's great game last Monday night didn't surprise me. Sometimes these QBs have good games right away. Tyler Thigpen was another one. His best games were his first few starts last year. Rick Mirer was another one. He started off okay and although he regressed as the season progressed, he still won the offensive rookie of the year award. He proceeded to suck for the remainder of his career. Defensive coaches were able to determine the guy simply couldn't throw to his left.

Check out this quote from an NFL scout that appeared in PFW-
    "It takes three games to evaluate a quarterback- I've always said that. It takes three games to figure one out and then you have to evaluate them, after the defensive coordinators in this league figure out what they can and can't do. Mark Sanchez had his three games of glory, and then he looked befuddled against the Saints. Some of them come out the other side and get through it, and some of them don't. We'll see how this kid responds. Trading for a receiver tells me how worried Mike Tannenbaum is."

8. wildaces

wildaces Banned

This was an ideal game for any quarterback, rookie or not. We had a very effective running attack, and good pass protection from it. He is just starring down Edwards, and not going through his progressions. When he did go somewhere else they were no where near accurate.

Ideal situation and 5 picks = doom. PERIOD. I don't care if he is a rookie.

9. s11mike

s11mike Member

You really should edit the title of this thread. It should be "Mark Sanchez is a rookie that really sucks." That will make those in denial such as MBGreen a lot happier. I cant stand fans that can watch a game like that and look to excuse such a terrible performance.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I can't stand idiots who show up on this board for a total of 25 seconds.....spew their retarded opinion.....and then disappear for days.

I'm not looking for excuses.....but this kid has played 6 games....along with the one season he played in college......we knew he would have ups and downs......get your head out of your ass.

See you in a few weeks when you decide to show up on the board again, stranger. :rolleyes:

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He is regressing,not progressing. his decisions and throws are getting worse every week. he is terrible

12. NYjets2335

NYjets2335 New Member

I agree completely. Ya he's a rookie, but seriously. Some of those throws were beyond stupid.

13. portfan

portfan New Member

Thought we had turned the corned but "SOJ" same old jets; only now we have a QB that didn't understand he was moving to East Coast with cold weather and a Coach who can't even get the right number of defenders on the field. What a difference 3 weeks make and now we can't even beat the Bills.

14. kmj6z

kmj6z New Member

Ryan needs to man up and tell Schotty what to do, you cant just be a head coach and ignore half of the game

15. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

This was not ideal for any qb rookie or not. The entire coaching staff esp the Schotty needs an as whooping. A rookie qb needs time to grow and afte the first three game she looked good. Against the saints not really but against the dolphins not bad again. IN the winds and cold he needed more conservative play calling to protect and schotty does the oppisite. 2 of the interceptions were horrible but 2 of them were flukey.
    This lose is not only on the qb because ultimatley he threw the interceptions but also Schotty because he did not call the game plan to his qbs strengths in this weather and did not put him into a situation to be sucessful but rather failure.

16. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

He took the $50,000,000 like a seasoned vet. But a rookie otherwise. why does Gholston get the suck treatment evey time but Sanchez is a rookie. Time to look at our options. If the Jets think they are gonna beat the Raiders just like that....they are wrong! Then Miami and Chad Henne come to town.

17. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Time to take away the Sanchize name until he truly earns it. Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Chad Henne are better rookies than Mark.

18. sethgilistro

sethgilistro New Member

the coach needs the smack gq in the head and tell him to spread the damn ball around....... the bills were missing mcgee and whitner at least into the second half--- for some reason i think he doesn't like clowney or something.... or has a man crush on edwards

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

This thread should be retitled "Parade of the non-athletes" starting with Al Dorow.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

LOL....no shit.

Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one.