Jets are no lock to win this Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GSourJr, Oct 16, 2009.

1. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I don't know, but I get the feeling that the fans and the team considers this game a gimme. I think it will be a contest, one the Jets can easily lose. Am I alone in that concern?

The Jets offensive line is highly overrated and has not played well the last few weeks, and we always seem to have trouble with Buffalo's defensive front.

We've also made Trent Edwards look like an up and comer in the past.

Finally, I still get the sense that many of the knuckleheads on the team--stand up Pace and Rhodes--still don't get it.

I sense trouble if the Jets put forth a sloppy effort or are somehow, inexplicably, overlooking another division opponent after the embarrasment of last week.

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If the Jets overlook the Bills, we will lose. But remember, fans can overlook an opponent and it won't matter one bit, so just because you see stuff on this board, doesn't mean the players are thinking the same way. I don't think they will overlook the Bills considering how the Jets played last week

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

If the Jets execute, they will win.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Blah.. I'm tired of these negative threads. Grow some balls as a fan, the Jets players/CS have, maybe we should too? Just saying.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The team isn't overlooking but we are not even considering losing. Why should we, that would mean we would suck. Do you think we suck? I dont care if its 3-0,a win is a win and a loss means its the same old Jets and any thoughts of winning the division or making the playoffs are OVER. Its not over. Get to 5-2 and bring on the Fins for payback bitch

#5 sec314, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I'm just worried that the Jets see this game as I do: a must win. They might be putting added pressure on themselves after losing 2 straight, but they really don't need it to win against Buffalo. If anything pressure might even make the game harder for them, probably will.

7. e-x

e-x New Member

i don't think there are any locks in the nfl

even the lions are capable of winnings a game here and there

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The NYJ are pissed off after that demoralizing MNF loss. It doesn't matter what the fan base is thinking, it matters what the team is thinking and I don't think they are taking anything lightly as of late.

9. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

This defense better be pissed off and ready to play sunday..

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Shocking a negative thread from gsourjr maybe the worst jets fan ever

11. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

You make the same thread before every game. God you suck.

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Highly overrated? That's pushing it.

And what exactly don't Pace and Rhodes get?

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Despite that ugly loss to the phins i believe we still will get things right but a loss to the depleted bills and i think where S.O.J. status.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Honestly,i don't think overlooking the next opponent after a loss is a possibilty

15. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i think your getting the feeling that the team is overlooking this game from thin air because i guarantee you they are not.

are you even a fan of the team btw? i can't see one positive post about the team in your recent history.

#15 ukilledkenny, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I like our chances

17. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree after listenening to the media and Jet fans this week you would think that our players went out and gang raped a 14 year old, robbed a liquor store and flew away in a helium ballon.

Trash talking has been a part of football forever , guys like Butkus ,Bednarik and many before and after them routinely trash talked their opponents both on and off the field. Thing is back then, there wern't 20,000 radio and Tv shows and youtube and twitter waiting to pounce on every spoken/written or thought from our players.

Bottom line football is an emotional game , guys are going to say things in the heat of the moment or after a tough defeat . I just don't get the perception from many fans that the Jets should act prim and proper like their breaking a code of conduct at a country club or something.

18. WhiteShaft04

WhiteShaft04 Banned

If they don't crush the Bills tomorrow...then it says that we really aren't elite. If we barely win that's not making a statement at all

19. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

Making a statement is putting a W on the board. I don't care if its by one point or 40. I'd prefer 40 though.

20. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

if buffalo was healthy id be a little nervous, but they are not so this should be a cake walk, ESPECIALLY after miami embarrassed our defense, we will be looking to take revenge