Cotchery most likely to miss Bills game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Heard on 1050 ESPN...A high chance him sitting out against the Bills because he re-hurt the hamstring when he came into situations.

Just great.

2. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

did you not see this coming?

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Damm- they didn't need to rush him back for yesterday- well on paper they didn't need to. You'd hate to be in a position where he's out for 3-4 weeks now as a result...

Is this the first time he's been nicked up since coming onboard? He's certainly a durable chappie....

4. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Just read this too. I don't give a damn, we need to beat up on the Bills with or without JCotch.

5. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Clowney and Brad Smith need to step it up. If only we had a 6'2 receiving tight end who creates matchup problems. He could probably help too.

6. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

This is the best stretch of the schedule to be without him especially since we have Edwards. We're gonna need him after the bye so might as well play it safe.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Let him sit til he's healthy, if that means missing the Buffalo and Oakland games so be it

8. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

We need to get Clowney involved again. Unproven or not, he's easily our 2nd best WR threat right now.

9. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

Read somewhere that we were looking at Matt Jones. All things considered, I'd take a nice long look at adding him to this team.

10. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

The Bills just lost a game to a team that completed two passes. Their coaching staff is in turmoil and they fired their offensive coordinator mid-training camp. If we can't beat them without Cotchery, we've got a lot more problems than injuries.

I think Keller really needs to step it up. I'm worried if he's one of these totally hit or miss guys that's inconsistent week to week. I'm starting to blame Mangini less and less for him being in the doghouse.

Also, enough with the Thomas Jones. The carry load needs to tilt more and more to Leon and Shonn Greene, who are clearly the backfield of the future and probably more capable overall.

-X-

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Fack!! I knew this would happen........you can't screw with a hamstring injury....Cotch should've been in street clothes last night.

Hopefully he didn't aggravate the injury too severely.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I doubt he's that bad. I read he aggrivated it. Not surprising given the weather. He probably cramped in that area.

Missing him over the next couple weeks won't hurt much, if at all. It's time for the rest of the receivers to step up. Edwards will be there to catch passes. Clowney, BSmith, Wright, and yes Keller need to step up.

As xJets2002x said, it's time for Leon and Greene. Enough with TJ. Jones is now the CoP back.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Agreed.

FWIW, Smith was making catches last night, and if Clowney can be used as a deep threat while Cotchery sits out, with the addition of Edwards, we should be fine.

*Key word is should*

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Why didn't the Jets have those supercool liquid cooled pads.

I think they were giving them IV's on the bench and it's all a conspiracy, lol.

15. GAJETMAN

GAJETMAN Member

How good does the Edwards trade look now?

If Cotchey injury was a week ago, imagine the asking price for Edwards now would be.

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's home-field advantage man. You're prepared for your own local conditions. The Broncos have high altitude, the Meadowlands has that wind swirl, New England has that overwhelming scent of douche...

17. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

If we NEED Cotchery to help us beat the Bills who just lost to a 2/17 23 yards and 1 INT QB and Undead Al's i have the best 40 times in the NFL Raiders we are definitely pretenders.

18. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Cotch was on WFAN and said that he is definitely very questionable and that he wants to be smart with the hamstring injury not to have it be a lingering injury for the rest of the season. He also confirmed that it did get aggravated last night because of extra playing time due to Smith and Clowney's injuries.

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Don't believe everything you hear. Ryan stated in his press conference quoted on here in another thread that he thought Cotch got through the game OK.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

ooops, my bad, this must have been after Ryan's comments.