Did Pace really say this???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Oct 13, 2009.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

3-5 plays a game.

not 30% of their offense.

2. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

yeah. its funny.. sure i think its a gadget/gimmick/whatever you want to call it. but it works and a number of team, including us, adopted it.
    but.. shhhhh.. logic has no right in these types of discussions. :up:

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Henne needs to stand on the sideline for 15-20 snaps a game. I just don't respect that kind of football.

If the Jets did it I'd fucking hate it.

4. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

The thing with talking is that no one says anything when you back it up. After the Pats win, nothing was said because they backed it up big time. But this should only make them realize they have to show up every week. I still don't mind the talking, as long as there is still some level of respect in there. As this is the NFL, any team can beat any team on any given Sunday, Monday, Thursday, or even Saturday (in the playoffs and preseason, of course :wink: )

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

also, the Wildcat is also the Single Wing. Which is what the Jets ran in 2006 with Mangini.

Fin Fans know nothing.

6. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

We don't run the wildcat, we run the Seminole :grin:

7. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

One play as opposed to 16-20 plays a game........You should be banned for stupidity. And Sanchez is no Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.....

8. John127

John127 New Member

The difference was that the talking before (and after) the Pats game was boasting about yourself, not trashing your opponents after the fact.

9. RockyMtnPhinFan

RockyMtnPhinFan New Member

Sorry to inform you buddy, what we call and what most people call the Wildcat for us this year has a balanced line. This fact makes it NOT the single wing. That formation is based on an unbalanced line (lt tackle going over to the right end). I am pretty sure we did not run an unbalanced line against your team last night.
    I think, with a balanced line, its referred to as just a direct snap.

10. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

30%? It looked like 50-60% but I could be wrong a stat from last night would be nice. We ran the wildwhateverthefuckyouwannacallit maybe 2 times. I'm agreeing it's basically their offense.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

not true at all......... land area, yes. population, not even close.

12. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

It was out of line. Bottom line. I wouldn't have said it, and he should have had some more emotional intelligence not to say it. But alas, he was pissed. I understand his frustration.

13. zor

zor New Member

EXFUCKINGACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

14. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

You took the QB out and added an extra blocker........that sounds like an unbalanced Line. And a direct snap has a qb on the field with the snap going to the running back. God your wild cat may run ok but the IQ of your fan base is as awful as Vernon Gholston.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, when the Ravens had to come from behind against the Browns last year because the defense gave up 27 points through 3 quarters, it totally killed their season.

16. RockyMtnPhinFan

Dude if you guys could make it work you would play it 100% of the time, and so would any team.
    Let's see who all took snaps last night for us
    Ricky Williams
    Ronnie Brown
    Chad Henne
    Pat White

These are all good, smart ball handlers and our offense just wants to put all the talent we have on the field.....seems to be working so far but i won't be predicting wins or stuff such as that.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

balanced line?....you clowns kept inserting extra lineman (usually 2) all night last night....quit spewin' what you're shovelin'..GTFO

18. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Buddy Ryan was the first to run a 4-6 defense, was that a gimmick defense then? Teams switch from a 4-3 to a 3-4 if they have the personnel to make it work. You want to bash the Colts for running 3 wide receiver sets all the time because they don't have a good enough fullback?

I just don't buy the gimmick excuse as a way of belittling Miami. They have found something that works, that's not conventional and all of a sudden they're a less manly team because they don't snap the ball to most likely the least athletic guy on the field?

19. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Not my point at all.....Dolphin fans are calling fake punts gimmicks when they are not. And im not bashing the colts for having 3 wide receiver sets because every team does.....Reading....you learned it in grade school. Please use it

20. RockyMtnPhinFan

Well there is a guard and tackle on the left, and a guard and tackle on the right, THAT would be a balanced line. No matter if there's a tight end or whatever......the line is balanced. You need your IQ checked there buddy.

Especially if you call a FAKE PUNT not a gimmick......it is the definition of gimmick. Good thing you aren't coaching your team there Einstein.