Did Pace really say this???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by John127, Oct 13, 2009.

1. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

part of rex's coaching style is he lets his players talk. he does expect them to back it up, however. why should he change a style that's clearly been successful. if you doubt its success, why then is he an nfl coach? now i realize that last bit may be putting words in your mouth, but someone is gonna doubt he's successful.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i've come to learn to have no respect for my fanbase because its never:

"Motherfucker that loss sucked. We've seen this defense play amazing, they can get back to it. Let's go rape the Bills next week."

Instead its :OH MY GOD!!! WE ARE NEVER GOING TO WIN A GAME EVER AGAIN. THEY'RE POSERS!!! ITS NOT A REAL DEFENSE! FIRE EVERYONE!! AHHHHHHHH"

and after years of rooting for this team they've never learned to have an even keel about it all. It makes me think how low the intelligence is.

But after seeing that fat loser in the sombrero on ESPN last night. I wonder how many of us fans look like that? I, for the record, am in great fucking shape. haha

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

than the Ravens should never talk after their 1st loss of Ray Lewis' career. And Bart Scotts career... and Ed Reed.

Oh and i guess Chad Johson should stop entertaining everyone with his fun antics because the Bengals are always a 6-8 win team.

Everyone should just stay quiet since no one goes 19-0.

4. John127

John127 New Member

At least you have an intelligent argument, and I can see that point of view.
    Most posts here criticize fans who actually value class in sports while mainly reinforcing the league wide stereotype that Jets fans are crude, juvenile morons so it's impossible to have a discussion about this.

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Exactly..

It almost feels like the majority of our fan base can't accept change. Even the good. It's almost as if the majority of our fan base want to see us go back to the SOJ. Why else would they be so negative, has it become that sought after?

6. RockyMtnPhinFan

RockyMtnPhinFan New Member

This was exactly what i was thinking. It wasn't ALL your defense. The Jets would have been less one field goal and less one touchdown had those GIMMICKY fake punts not worked. So the score should have been closer to 31-17
    People want to talk shit about US using gimmicks when it is truly part of our offense- you see it coming, but you can't do anything to stop it! Thats called smash mouth football. The score doesn't show how dominant the Phins were.

See you guys in 3 weeks, i am sure Ryan will have your Defense ready for us......

7. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

word, and that one will be a good game, just like last nights. enjoy this week. divisional rivalries are always fun, no?

8. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I like this a lot.

The Jets have real attitude. I love the fact that they have this confidence. It's one bad game, they just need to go out the next few weeks and win.

9. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll give you a little bit on the fa...no I won't. When is the last time the Jets ran a fake punt? I have not researched this so I could be making a moron of myself. But really, when is the last time?

10. John127

John127 New Member

I love the confidence, but calling Henne a clown and saying you don't respect the wildcat isn't about confidence. Resentment, jealousy, and confidence are different, and only one is helpful moving forward.

11. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

Its a game of emotion, the guys only human. Regardless they need to come out next week and take it to the bills for 60 minutes! not 59:54!

12. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

I don't condone the name calling of other players. Their gimmick offense, yes. But not the players.

13. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Ok people, let's define gimmick for all the morons who call fake punts gimmicks. A gimmick is something that not everything has that makes it distinguishable. Every team in the NFL has a fake punt. Every single playbook in the NFL, NCAA and even Highschool football has a fake punt. Fake punts are not gimmicks. The wild cat is not in every single playbook in the NFL. If your QB isnt that great you run the wildcat, Because the colts, pats, Ravens, Bengal and Texans to name a few will not take the ball out of their Qbs hands because they are too damn good. There's nothing unique or distinguishable about a fake punt if every single degree in football has a fake punt.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

+1

Preach it, brother.

15. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

Dude, that was well said.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

haha.

when you're special teams gets beat by two fake punts, that has to really piss of the ST coach on the Fins.

it was brilliant play calling.

17. John127

John127 New Member

I hear you, but that gimmick sure made Pace look like bad. I give him a pass for missing the last 4 weeks, but man, shut your mouth and practice hard this week, don't disrespect a team that just beat you.

Believe me, I'm hoping this game is a wake up call.

Funny how many people here disagree with my view on the trash talk, did any of you see Jenkins last night after the game? He said pretty much the same thing I'm saying about his own teamates!

18. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

oh and btw, the score really doesn't show how dominant the phins because they weren't. Dominant is killing the team in every aspect of the game and they didn't do that.

19. ebozzz

ebozzz Banned

I guess that Calvin needs to ridicule his own team since they ran the Cat also.....

20. ebozzz

ebozzz Banned

I guess that the Jets QB isn't taht good since they ran the Wildcat, right?