17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the thing that scares me from the pictures isnt so much the height from the field its the distance from the field. in the old the levels are stacked and in the new they are pushed back from eachother. not only does it create less covered seats it creates seats that are just further away.

if i remember correctly it was like a 10 foot difference in field height from old to new... its definitely gonna feel higher and i guarantee it will feel further away.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

the thing that scares me is rich SOBs bought the the best seats from row 1-10, then we will have endzone and cheap mezz folks and the UD folks upstairs like sardines. There will be either whole sections of the overpriced seats empty of Jets will start banging them out on stub hub. With stock market at 52 week high and if Jets win on Monday night Football the fools will buy not realizing this is a 30 year commitment and how the economy and the jets are doing on October 10 2009 has no bearing on if this will be a good deal of not. There is a pretty big recession every ten years like clock work so I guess I will wait a few years and pick up one for 50 cents on a dollar.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

One last thing rep did tell me UD will sell out in a week or so on Friday, but he also told he me had a FEW THOUSAND left upper deck. On October 9, 2009 when 2009 season ticket holders are being called most on this site thought there would be none left. All 17 agents will be calling 2009 folks all six days next week. One good thing though every season ticket holder even the newest got a chance for a upper deck or 4k or 5k PSL. The Jets next are calling people who had season tickets than gave them up then onto waiting list. By the time seat go up to general public there may be 30K seats left but they will be worst seats either from view or by price. Anyone who buys then will be guaranted to lose their shirt. Who is going to buy your seat ever, a seat every single ticket holder was offered and turned down.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes, they're really scouring for prospects now. After calling everyone who gave up their seats and then those who dropped off of the waiting list, they'll be on to calling anyone who ever wore a green tie on St. Patrick's Day. From there it's on to checking with any and all local hospitals for anyone who ever contracted and was treated for the infection known as gangreen. The final prospect list includes anyone who ever accelerated after their traffic light turned green.

Hey, you never know which one of these hot prospects is a buyer for a $20,000 PSL.

5. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Outstanding post !!! Great stuff -- and true.

Look, if you amortize the cost of PSL's over their lifetime (or are paying via installment plan) I guess it looks alot more reasonable. I haven't decided to purchase season tickets or a PSL yet because of my job situation but I might consider it in the future if they're still available. I think the high-$$$ PSL's with high-$$$ ticket prices will be the most problematic to sell because the current seat holders of those equivalent tickets would be seeing a huge (300%? 500%? 1,000%?) increase in per-seat costs when you add in PSL costs.

But again: I believe that in one's mind you have to figure the PSL will be WORTH ZERO DOLLARS at the end because I think that worst-case scenario is quite possible or even likely. Myself, I think the PSL's will trade for less than original purchase price only because the perfect storm -- hot Jets team, lot of demand, good economy, lousy other NY sports teams -- is unlikely the next few years. You might get 1 or 2 of those but not all of them.

I continue to expect lawsuits in coming years from fans who believed that a PSL was an 'investment' and then find out not only has it not appreciated but has lost value.

6. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

I'll play devils advocate for a moment because most recent posters seem to taking the view that PSLs are evil and anyone who buys one is a dumb, rich SOB.

Here's my view.... I don't view PSLs as an investment; its just a FEE on your seats that the Jets can charge because they can get away with it (although they officially say they need the money in order to pay for the stadium).

I'm not a rich SOB and all I want to do is to go to the games and consistently have a decent seat. For the next couple years there will certainly be an above average supply of seats to chose from on stubhub, etc but with stubhub adding 15% plus shipping there won't be a great savings. All a 5k PSL means is that you pay $25 more per ticket for the next 20 years. My young family LOVES going to see the Jets and we'll be there for the next few decades in one way, shape or form. If the PSL goes down in value, who cares because I can't sell it anyway, I want to go to the games.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You got row 2??

I many seats did you get?? In the lower endzone?

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

It's more than $25 a game. I don't judge anyone based on their purchases. The rich SOBs are the ones in $15 and $20k PSLs. The only thing we feel here is that a lot of people have not considered price increases in game tickets and also that they are stuck with the PSL if they don't want it and they finance it they cannot just bail. Unless of course our country starts to give Jets PSL bailouts since hell anything that goes bad gets a bailout.

9. MadBacker Prime

I just saw that you bought yesterday.

There's no way row 2 was available in the lower EZ.

For 2 tix it was 13 or 15.

3 or more row 8 and 9. I thought you bought them a while ago. The first 3 rows were gone 6 months ago.

please explain, ???

10. MadBacker Prime

Jets&rushfan,

Did you just buy 1 ticket??

Then I get it.

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Got my call today and got my tickets. I'll be in Section 332 (upper corners) for the new stadium.

I asked them how they're doing with the PSL sales, and the lady told me they were "doing super great. They're selling fast". My response was, '...uh-huh...'

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Thinking about how much this is costing me tho is a bitch. I may just do this for 1 year and then be out.

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Yes, Only bought a single.

13. CloudGreen

CloudGreen New Member

Got my PSL's today

I am a 2009 Seniority owner.

Picked up two tix in Mezz A Section 231, very excited. those look like the best value/view for the money...

14. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I thought the mezzanine A was sold out? I'm supposed to get called tomorrow and that's what I want also.

15. MadBacker Prime

I think the rows in the back are still available depending on the amount needed.

Since there are some odd numbers out there if you get 3 tix you can get better seats.

16. MadBacker Prime

Congrats!!!

I'm glad there are other Jet fans springing for these PSL's too, because they're not going away.

17. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

231 looks like a great view; enjoy.

18. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

MY COISIN GOT THE CALL today-------------was offered 348 and 349 he chose 348---my buddy gets his call on tuesday

19. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Finally got my tix today! 2 tickets in lower corner 131 row 24. Very excited and can't wait for next season. I don't think the view will be as good as I have now (I am in 237), but it will still be awesome to be in the new stadium with pretty good seats.

I didn't ask about availability of the upper tier. They had no more mezz A seats unless you bought 3. They did have availability in the mezz B section though - I didn't ask where. The lower corners all had availability. The sun side (106, 121) was up to row 31.

20. MadBacker Prime

Congrats!! Closest section to the 10k seats, good deal.

Are you closer to the corner or the middle??