I think those expecting a blowout are crazy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 9, 2009.

1. NYJets4EverOnTop

It's easy to think we should blow out Miami because of how great our defense has played and that Miami is 1-3 and has only beaten a bad Buffalo team. With all the question marks we still have on offense, I can't see how anyone is expecting us to go on the road in the hot Miami weather and blow out the Dolphins. Could it happen? sure. Would I love it to happen? You bet your ass I would. But I think this is gonna be a tough grind it out defensive battle. Two inexperienced QB's matched up against one another are not going to produce a ton of points. Only way this game winds up a blowout is if our defense scores more points than our offense. That is something you can hope for, but not count on.

2. joykilla

joykilla Member

It is a Division game on the Road... Add to the fact that its the Jets vs the Dolphins makes it a pretty close game 8/10 times. I say we win, but by less then 10. I dont see really anyteams just completely running over Miami.

3. Ted

Ted Member

I have been saying on our site all along this will be a defensive battle. It could come down to hidden yards, a late turnover deep, luck or a combination of the 3. Both offenses are no match for the others defense. The Jets get great pressure on the QB so I expect to see a heavy dose of it. The Dolphins are tough against the run and the secondary is improving just as it did over the course of last season. I would not be surprised if both teams are under 10 points.

#3 Ted, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  4. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i see it being almost exactly like the texans game. i think the defense allows almost nothing and our offense scores points because of the great field position our defense puts us in via turnovers or punts from deep in their side of the field. i can see miami maybe finding a way to make it close down the stretch but it will be to little to late. that is my perdiction.

5. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Until they prove they can beat us I'm going to talk shit.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

both teams won't be under 10 pts.

Miami has seen this scheme before, and it raped them. Its going to do it again.

it'll be a 10 pt spread.

7. Ted

Ted Member

Big difference the last time we saw the scheme. Baltimore could stop the run. The Jets are struggling with it. We have the #1 running offense. Baltimore shut the middle of the field down against Pennington. That's all it took. Can't do that against Henne.

8. Ted

Ted Member

Care to make it interesting NDMick? I get the Phins and 10 points. Loser puts the opposing Logo as their avatar until the rematch.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i'm not an avatar bettor and i know if i lose this one i'm never going to find the one i have now again to put it back up. :)

They aren't struggling with the run. The Jets have faced QBs who can throw so the Jets were spread out. 13th against the run isn't struggling. Since the Jets will force Henne and that WR corp to beat them they'll stack up against the Single Wing/Wildcat. Pace is back, so no more OLmen blowing Gholston off the line and having a highway paved for 13 yards a clip.

its not going to be easy to score. The best QBs in the league have scored 1 TD and 4 Field Goals. The Same Old Jets would indeed allow Henne to throw for 279 yards and 2 TD with no INTs. But these aren't the SOJ.

you get 2 TDs i'll be impressed. Carpenter is a good kicker.

10. Ted

Ted Member

You know the Dolphins have 3 new players on the OL since the Ravens beat them up. The run blocking is greatly improved. I tip my hat and give the Jets D props in only giving up 3 TDs in 46 possessions against. It's going to be a helluva battle.

11. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I'm expecting a blowout. Not a 45-24 barnburner, but a 17-0 smothering.

12. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I think Miami fans greatly under estimate the Jets run D. I keep hearing the same thing over and over. I think you're in for a rude awakening. We aren't the Bills. This is the best D you've faced, hands down.

13. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Bah! This is going to be a straight-out massacre. Won't even be remotely close. Something like 31-6. Miami is just a bad team sitting on the brink of a big fall. So here we go.

14. I Still Heart Chad

Even people who have great logic and understand the game of football, and know this won't be a blowout can't sit here and type that it won't be a blowout lol. It's Miami we're playing and all rationale goes out the window when discussing them. With that said I think this game will be 24-7 maybe even 27-7. But if we go up 10 or 14 to ZERO it will be an absolute massacre because Henne is not throwing on our Def if he has to.

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I certainly will not say blowout, but I think Miami will have a ton of problems putting points on the board against us. I think if our offense plays smart, we take this game. But, no, I do not foresee blowout.

16. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

Leon washington will be the difference.

17. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

This is a dangerous game, and i think one thing the Jets need to prepare for is the throw out of the wild cat. I see Miami trying to target this as Pat White's coming out party, because it's a dynamic that Ryan has not seen at all. The injuries to Cotchery and having a new wideout don't look too good either.The Jets Run D is only the way it is because no team can beat them with the pass. Sanchez needs to play smart and protect the football. If he does not have any stupid turnovers the Jets can win this football game.

As much as Miami's Run game is good, they have not played a great defense like the Jets. Colts and Bills Defense are banged up, they didn't do anything against Atlanta and San Diego is a far cry from what they been. However i still expect it to be close.

18. Jason05

Jason05 Member

It's going to be a tough test for us. Let's be honest, Miami plays at home and Sanchez comes in the game during a not easy week, offense didn't show so much last week..the key will be our defense (like always this season)

GO JETS FROM ITALY!!!

19. Ted

Ted Member

Maybe. But I would think you guys may get at least a field goal.

20. Ted

Ted Member

We are #1 in rushing. We lead in the NFL in Time of Possession in the second half. Your boys will be gassed. I think you are greatly overestimating your run defense.