17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They'd have to, cutting prices and offering different packages is different.

In the end, long time season ticket holders got the better deal per game this year.

Anyway, there would be a uproar, this would never happen without current owners getting the money back or credited. it would be similar to the Yankee situation. They can't ripoff 40 thousand fans and get away with it, that's just ludicrous.

2. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

I secured mine today.

Section 320 row 24 seats 19-22.

They are technically upper sideline, 2 rows from the top. Definately a lot shittier than the seats I have now in 308, but at least I am IN the stadium. And I am not out a PSL.

According to Mike my rep these are on the sunny side of the stadium, on the corner that is over towards the track since I come into the lots from Jersey 17. So, at least locationally I am ok.

Glad this process is over.....F Woody and go Jets.

3. MadBacker Prime

Congrats!! Are you 08 or 09 seniority??

4. Miznabie

Miznabie New Member

2008 seniority. Apparently they called me Monday (BS) so I called them today and that is what was left. Like a previous poster I could have shifted one section over and saved $20 a seat but whatever. I asked about upgrading after each year and he said no set policy for the non-psl seats exist but I will call them each season to try to move more towards the center and further down the sections.

However, to be honest, to even be in the stadium with 2008 seniority and not having to pay a PSL is fantastic.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Rod, bottom line you buy a PSL you sign a legally binding contract set at that price and terms. We are NOT buying Non-PSL seats!!!! We are giving a FULLY REFUNDABLE Deposit on seats right now. When we get our invoice and pay remainder of balance we are THEN buying tickets. If they reset or cut deals on NON-PSL seats prior to us paying the final balance we can all either, stay where we are, ask for our money back and pick cheaper better seats or walk away. PSL holders are locked in.

In fact if I were Jets I would not give them any deal after the fact. If Mezz PSLs shot to 8k from 4K the buyer gets to keep 4K profit, if they fall in value to 2K why should Jets refund, PSLs are like buying a stock. They may be a great deal. But for every Google there is a Lehman Brothers, risk = reward. You are taking a risk buying a PSL and hoping for a triple reward, great seats for great games and price appreciation. If the Jets will re-price them down the road to take all the risk and leave season holders with all the reward what is the point.

6. bigmehl

bigmehl New Member

I agree there will probably be lawsuits - after all isn't America the land of the frivolous lawsuit.

What I can't understand is are people really buying PSL's with the false lure of profit. That would be like suing the Met opera house because I signed up for a year of tickets and couldn't make 100% profit on them, or buying a country club membership and suing the golf course - because someone wouldn't buy it off me for more than i paid. These are entertainment avenues , even if there's some salesmanship that state - oh yeah you can always sell them for a profit.

Bottom line there are twisted financial schemes and shysters around every corner today , but if I were the judge/jury and someone had a case suing a NFL team about PSL's - I would laugh in their face and I am the owner of 2 PSL seats.

7. MadBacker Prime

Not true at all.

This exact situation happened to the Raiders. Some fans bought in, most did not. Bottom line is the fans that paid first got equal value to what the fans paid later for.

Who cares, this isn't the point of this thread, so we'll just agree to disagree.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Got the e-mail this morning letting me know a rep will give me a call tomorrow to purchase tickets for the new stadium. I wasn't aware I had to put a $500 deposit down for each seat. So, that's gonna suck, but I got it covered.

Quick question. The "shade" side of the new stadium falls on the 345 thru 332 sections? or 307 thru 320?

9. MadBacker Prime

If the endzone I'm in is the shade then I believe 307-320 would be sunny....

I'm not 100% though.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I think you're right. That sounds about right.

I'll find out what sections are still available for those who are still interested or waiting to receive a call. There probably shouldn't be that many more people on the waiting list left tho, cause I just got my season tickets for this year back in August.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

rmagedon6, are you in mezz, heard they were calling mezz first

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Nah. Uppers. But supposedly, I called ahead of time. I said I got my tickets in Aug., but I'm not really sure when I called to be honest. It was sometime over the summer. I called wanting to know if there were tickets available and they were. Apparently a sales rep told me that I really wasn't allowed to buy tickets, cause there were plenty available (due to a large number of season ticket holders dropping out) and they wanted to go thru their Waiting List, so he decided to sell me a pair. When I asked if I would be in line to be offered tickets for the new stadium they told me I would in the early fall. Being that I had purchased these tickets before (I guess) the majority on the people still on the waiting list, they had bumped my waiting list # up. It used to be in the 14K's, now I was in the 10K's or so.

So, maybe that's how I got mixed up a bit with the mezz folks. But my seats are in section 332.

13. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Now I got an email saying that I'm getting called on 10/13? Last time they told me the 10th? This sucks.

14. nyrnyknyj

nyrnyknyj New Member

I am getting my call on the 15th, very unsure on what I want to do. I was thinking maybe 4k PSL seats.

15. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

That's what I want too, but according to this site, there's not any more lower mezzanine seats left. The upper mezzanine (endzone) seats don't look too appealing, especially since the people in the lower mezzanine are paying the same PSL and ticket price.

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

and the south end zone mezz is non alcoholic.

17. nyrnyknyj

nyrnyknyj New Member

From what I heard they only sold 20% of PSL seats, I could be wrong. I have season tickets to other sports, not sure if I would want to sit in the upper deck even if they are still open. Is there a way to partner with someone if you want to take only 1 seat?

18. MadBacker Prime

You could use a lifeline and phone a friend.

19. nyrnyknyj

nyrnyknyj New Member

ah screw my friends, I dont want to pay for their tickets :)

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

funny you should mention a single ticket. My first request is there a single ticket that connects to my Brother-in-law seats. He bought an odd number, three so maybe. He did it as that works for him but It old them if you can't make it selling three on stub hub or ticketexchange is a little harder as people like pairs and singles sell for less.

By the time they call the waiting list people at end of October, they will have the choice of an extremely bad Non-PSL, extremely bad PSL or a very expensive PSL. Given they are cheapskats who passed on 2009 tickets or gave up their tickets as they did not want a PSL good luck with no sales. Kinda like working in an audit dealer day after cash for clunkers has ended.