17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

does anyone know how many new people were brand new season ticketholder in 2009. Bet it is a really big number, compared to 2008.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I don't know exact numbers but they went through the entire wait list, which at least 10,000 people on it.

3. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

They told me I would get the call on the 10th. I'm 2009.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Pant, October 10 is a saturday, they call on the weekend? What day and month did you buy tickets, just curious to see if Jets are folllowing any logic in calling 2009 people as they were supposed to. Jets however love to make rules then break them.

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I heard they were calling on Saturday.

6. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Yea I know it's a Saturday, but that's what they told me. I guess I'll find out on Saturday. I purchased in the beginning of August (no I didn't get any discounts, and yes I paid for and attended both preseason games). I am currently in the mezzanine.

I'm not happy that all the mezzanine A seats are gone - that's what I was hoping for. I don't really like the lower tier. If I can't get any decent $4k seats and there's no more upper tier seats left, I'll have to pass I guess.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Pant, I am passing too unless I get a Non PSL that is not last row corner. I don't trust the PSLs as the Jets are like my Chevy Truck it runs good when it runs good but there is always a breakdown waiting around the corner.

I also would not be suprised if Sanchez is the second coming of christ and jets win superbowl that at a later date they PSL out the whole upper deck. By going to UD maybe you are just delaying the day you have to buy a PSL.

I also think it is 50/50 they run through whole watiing list and there still are UD tickets left. Heck no one bought the horrible seats this year as why pay 75 bucks for a terrible seat for all ten games that you can pay face for and only see the good games.

8. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

2006 seniority. Got the call today. Could get Section 320 for $105 or 321 for $95. Took the 321 to move one section over and save $100.

9. Jetsboy56

Jetsboy56 Banned

thats so cool!!!!

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

what row?????????????????????

11. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

I have 2008 seniority; got the call yesterday. I have 5 seats in existing stadium sec 114. Felt like all the upper rows in the UD corner sections still open. Also offered seats in 301 and 302 and the upper mez sections. Looked at a number of sections. Very pleased with Jet's sales guy - very patient and informative.

Took 5 seats section 101 row 17 in new stadium. fyi - 48 rows in section 101; row 37 and above under cover. Definitely too low to see far end of field; will probably rely on the two big plasmas for other end zone plays.

Parking situation next season seems murky for non-PSL seats.

Thanks for all the people who post here; very helpful.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Sounds alot like the case for Internet Stocks circa 2000.

How are the PSLs doing for Soldier field now ?

Roger Goodell is very likely looking at lawsuits when future PSL owners try to sell their 'investment' and suffer capital losses of 20%...50%....even 90%. The SEC is going to look into statements by the Commmissioner and teams and you're going to see some enterprising lawyers file suits. Only a rebound in PSL prices and tickets will prevent a deluge (hey, the Mets are cutting prices up to 20%) with the economy in the toilet for years to come.

Take that to the bank, lawsuits are coming.

13. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Why ? With the money saved on PSL's, you could just put the money into a bank CD and the interest earned and time value of money would more than compensate for the higher ticket price.

14. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

320 - row21, 321 - row22.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

So I was 08 seniority and had my call on the 5th. I put on my preference form that I was looking for Mezz PSLs. I figure that's why I may have had my call first.

I figured that would happen when I filled it out.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Is it just me but they are up to 2008 and mezz and endzone with 4k and 5K psls which should be most popula,r yet five seats in row 17 101 dead center is still left.

Saturday they start calling 2009 ticket holders and they ain't exactly loyal fans.

Right now I am not considering a PSL for one reason. I have two choices when they call me when buying my 2 seats. Give them a 1K deposit for non-psl seats or give them 8 or 10k for two PSL seats. Yea I know you guys are saying I can pay that over time. But remember that is with 8% interest.

But my bigger issue is I don't know how many seats Jets have sold for 2010, don't know if they will cut prices in 2010 when sales fall and I don't know if Jets tickets will have good resale value in 2010. That is a lot of don't knows.

However, in the Non-PSL section that is a REDFUNDABLE deposit. Before I pay off my balance if I find better seats are available at cheaper prices on stubhub or Sanchez breaks leg or Jets just start sucking again etc. I can tell Jets give me back my money. The PSL person cannot get back their money.

In Non-PSL I may get stuck in a bad seat, or I may lose out on getting in on ground floor on PSL but I am protecting lots of money.

Plus I would want to at least sit in lower prime if I bought a PSL. That would be a 40K psl for two seats. I could buy a 30 year tax free muni at 5% instead and earn 2k a year for 30 year which is 60K and still get back my original principal of 40K.

17. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Can you please explain what you mean here?

18. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

In short, I agree with you. There is no rush. This stadium might be 40% sold out at best, although I have zero proof to stand by that. Just a guess, given they have gone through all of the ticket holders, and still have non PSL seats available. So why tie up your money now? Who's to say they don't sell you great seats next June without a PSL? They will need to fill the seats, and need to realize that some of these prices are outrageous. Maybe they will sell the 10k PSL seats to you for face value, for half a season, without having to buy the PSL?? No one knows what they will do, but this stadium isn't sold out, and there is NO RUSH TO BUY.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If they do cut prices, do you not think consumers that already paid would not get their money back or have put toward the following year?

If you want tickets get them. I understand many fans including my own Father was disgusted by this whole situation. The fan base has to come to the realization that PSL's aren't going away.

If I were someone who was on the wait list for years or someone who just got tickets for the first time I'd be ecstatic at the fact I get to finally be a season ticket holder. The Giants are over 90% sold out now, I wish the Jets were somewhere close to that.

20. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Why would I think this? Did they refund the money that I paid towards preseason tickets in MAY? Did they offer to upgrade my seats this year? Did they offer for me, a long time season ticket holder, to only buy 4 game packages??? No to all of them. So why would I think they would offer this to existing ticket holders in 2010???