Realistically...do we win this game with Calvin Pace?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by danaaprildarren, Oct 4, 2009.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Realistically... do we beat the Titans with Calvin Pace?

Does he make the touchdown saving tackle that Gholston made or no? And if not, does the game go to overtime, and if so, who wins?

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Did you watch the game at all?

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Looks like the Gholston fans are holding onto that one tackle for life. Almost like the Pennington fans and his 1 or 2 deep balls for completions every season, trying to convince themselves that his ability was beyond what the stat-sheet showed.

4. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

Dump on him now that he's gone but don't tell me you weren't cheering those long comeback drives that ended in losses.

5. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

It's just a knock on the quoted poster- trying to sell us that the guy is actually a decent player based upon one play in the last game....

Our punter has more football talent than Vernon Gholston.

6. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

I'm fuckin with ya KOZ. I got into the liquor cabinet.

7. The Dark Knight

I like how that is what you took from my post KOZ. :rolleyes:

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Are you not trying to sell us on the tackle? Or am I guilty of missing the sarcasm?

9. The Dark Knight

Yes, it was a joke. As if Pace could have done enough to change the outcome of today's game. Just pointing out the thread was ridiculous and sorta making fun of Gholston's tackle, not applauding it. haha.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Sorry, long day. Should have realized that. Other folks are actually defending the guy tonight and I made the mistake of lumping you in.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Maybe he could have done shit with that MMA training but nah, we'd still lose

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

No. Calvin Pace would not have won the game for us today. The game was lost because the Offense failed repeatedly the line failed, the running game failed, the quarterback failed and the receivers failed. This game is very simple to de-construct. The D was good to very good agains the best QB/offense in the NFL. The Offense was poor against one of the best Defenses in the NFL. Calvin Pace would not have changed the outcome today.

13. retthib

retthib New Member

Does Calvin Pace play QB? J/K

14. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

No. We dont, Our D played very good anyway. It was our Offense that lost it for us.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I think he could have helped out with run defense, but man the Saints are a tough team. They're gonna be a tough out provided they stay healthy

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I think the D probably played one of its best game. They gave up only 10 points to the Saints, who were averaging 40 pts a game. Statistically the best QB, was held without a TD and he didn't look like an elite QB. Not saying he played bad, but our D did a heck of a job. Once Pace comes back, our D will get much better. Im pretty sure his presence will stop the WRs to be wide open with his pressure on the QBs.

As for your question, if Pace played, we probably would have lost 10-17. That last TD could have been avoided with a better coverage or some QB pressure. Brees found a couple of wide open WRs for long gains on that TD drive.

The difference in the game was the first int of Sanchez. If that becomes a completed pass, we would have gained 7 pts. Negating another 7 pts of the Saints off the pick would have made this game 17-17. Wow, talk about what a single play can do in the NFL.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yup, I think Saints are a team to beat this year. I said it before as well and I'll say it again. Saints may very well be the best team in the NFL right now. There is no shame losing to them. They played a very good game. They are not unbeatable though. See my last post above. We could have very easily turned this game into a 17-17 game. If we did, Sanchez wouldn't have thrown his 2nd or 3rd int since we wouldn't have been playing from behind.

18. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I think the saints are very good, top 3 team probably, but I think from top to bottom the giants are still the team to be reckoned with in the NFC and league. They have one of the best O lines and D lines in the NFL, a QB who's show he can perform in the clutch, one of the best running back tandems in the NFL and a LB/secondary. Their perceived "weakness" has been one of the strengths in their young WR's.

The saints giants matchup willl be an interesting one. I'm assuming justin tuck will be back for that one?

If the saints have homefield in the playoffs, that will be huge for them. tough place to play and they don't have to deal with the weather. It'll be interesting to see how the saints perform in late november/december.

if they have to play, say...the giants in the meadowlands in the playoffs, that's not a game they're going to win. I think they can beat minnesota even if it's in minnesota though due to the dome.

best teams in the NFC

Giants
    Vikings/Saints (hard to pick one over the other, maybe will think differently after the packers game)
    Falcons

49ers almost(and should have) beat the vikings in minnesota but lets face it,
    they're in a shitty division and although they play their heart out, talent wise they're not better than the above teams.

AFC...
    Colts
    Ravens (they should have beat the pats...and the game was in NE)
    Jets
    Pats

Fuck the broncos. Although their defense is WAY better than you'd think, they should have lost to cinci...and they played two really bad teams and barely beat a team in turmoil at home (Dallas). Their schedule is tough as shit coming up, if they somehow win a majority of these games they deserve all the praise in the world.

NE, @ SD, @ Balt, Pitt, @ washington, SD again, NYG. Ouch...

#38 jets_fan_in_fishtown, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think that's a great point, if we go in and score a TD it's 7-3 and it probably changes everything including the Saints going for it at the 2 and kicking the FG instead which of course would not have led to Sanchez fumbling in the endzone. Unfortunately we can't go back in time and change his decision to throw that ball but hopefully he learns. That throw is a TD at USC but it isn't when every player in the league is better than anything he ever saw in college. The INT happens but the fumbling of the football has me extremely concerned as this is the 3rd game in a row he's done it.

20. usviJETS

usviJETS New Member

obviously pace wouldnt prevent the 14 points off turnovers, but he's another established leader that will make the jets defense even stronger.. they were on the field the majority of the game and they still went at it hard. that last touchdown by the saints was after the game was pretty much said and done, and it was obvious they werent mentally in it anymore... sanchez will learn every week, pace will help solidify the D... go Green !