Jets at Saints - Preview

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Which post are you referring to? Opening post? I don't think I even mentioned what the Lions put up. I took all games into consideration. It wasn't just the 27 points. As for the drives in side NO's 15, both teams had avg field position of own 38.

2. HOI

HOI Active Member

Wow...Saintsman was a douche. You guys have to check out saintsreport.com these people are bat shit crazy. As NY sports fans we all tend to talk big but these people are nuts!! Maybe its bc it the only pro sports team thay have worth a damn but come on already.

45-10 predictions?? Their D is just about equal to ours?? In three games Brees became Brady circa 2007. The guy threw for 5,000 last year and they were still 8-8. Thats like having a million dollar dick and a 10 cent pair of balls.

I tried but its impossible to have a sane discussion with most of them. If you make a point about our blitz packages and how they drove Brady nuts and the typical response is something like this:

"Go ahead and blitz. Drew will bomb you out all day. Brady sucks now. We have so many weapons, no D can stop us!!" WHO DAT?!

With that being said. I hope we win on Sunday. I really do. But if we dont get the W I will be rooting for every other Saints oppenent this year to beat the piss out of them. Christ, the people on the Pats board arent even this annoying.

3. HOI

HOI Active Member

Heres another gem from Saintsreport.com

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ let them dream. They've been shit on for so many decades that any slight success seems godlike and they don't know how to look at it objectively.

i'll say this much - no rookie QB ever won their first 3 starts post merger... to win his 1st 4 would make him the 1st ever in the history of football. This is a mountain to climb.

That being said - it'll be a one possession game.

5. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Someone needs to translate joe's posts. Holy crap, I'm so lost.

6. Franke44

Franke44 New Member

No, my friend, you are misinformed. Special teams gave up 14 points

7. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

That's pretty owned.

8. VOR

VOR New Member

Dudes, I'm in New Orleans and even I can't bring myself to spend any time on SaintsReport. The site is administered and populated by fools. A few are okay, but I can't take it.

You may try TigerDroppings.com and check out its Saints Talk. They're a tad more rational. Maybe more college graduates or something.

That said, Go Saints! I like the Jets, but I'm thinking we have the edge this Sunday in the Dome.

9. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

Guys, Guys, I realize Saints report has many people with over the top unrealistic super optimism, but this forum also has some pretty strong opinions that are a little bit out there also

As a matter of fact, shockingly, every NFL team forum has there over the top fans.

meh...what can you do.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

secretly thats how i feel.

damn you and your home field advantage :beer:

11. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

Are you sure about this?

We have the Giants, Patriots, and Miami left on our schedule?? :)

#51 mc4saints, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

don't mind him.

#52 NDmick, Sep 30, 2009
  13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

OK, so you are considering FGs to be accounted against special teams? I guess they are not part of football then.

14. tubby

tubby Active Member

Saints are my second favorite team. I've always liked Brees even though he's a christ fag

15. ........

........ Trolls

I don't get it either. Personally, I have no interest in how an NFC team does other than how it affects the Jets. I'd love for you to sweep the rest of the AFC East.

16. ........

........ Trolls

A....christ fag?

17. tubby

tubby Active Member

very religious would be the more politically correct term.

18. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I know this guy was banned, but I had to respond. Plus I want to point it out to the decent Saints fans posting here. If you think that the only weapon the Jets have on offense is Jones, you really need to learn more about your opponents. Jones is far far far from being "washed-up." Cotchery is having a premiere season so far, and shouldn't be overlooked. (But people have point this out about Cotch and Jones already so I will move on) Not to mentioned Stuckey is coming into his own and is having a very good year. If you forget about Stuckey he will burn your ass. Then you can add Leon Washington into the mix who is one of the most explosive players in the league, IMO. Oh yeah, you can add in Dustin Keller too. Not to mention the dominant Oline and Sanchez.

My point, the Jets D is dominant, but don't overlook the offense. It isn't as bare as some make it out to be, far from it IMO.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Some Saints news from Rotoworld.... looks good for the Jets:

Jermon Bushrod-T-Saints Sep. 30 - 4:46 pm et

Saints LT Jermon Bushrod (knee) is not expected to play in Week 4.

New Orleans' depth at left tackle is among the best in the league, even after losing Jammal Brown for the year. Zach Strief will start against the Jets.
    Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

Lance Moore-WR-Saints Sep. 30 - 4:41 pm et

Lance Moore (hamstring) returned to Saints practice on Wednesday, albeit in a limited manner.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, it's "possible" Moore will play against the Jets. However, he will not be a fantasy option if he does.

Mike Bell-RB-Saints Sep. 30 - 4:38 pm et

Mike Bell (MCL sprain) has not resumed practicing for the Saints.

Bush, who is little more than a "handcuff" for Pierre Thomas at this point, is likely to miss another game. He's been given no timetable for a return.

Pierre Thomas-RB-Saints Sep. 30 - 4:36 pm et

Pierre Thomas (knee) was limited in Saints practice Wednesday.

Thomas is more concerned with the lingering effects of the flu bug that limited his playing time in Week 3 than his knee injury. Assuming he continues to improve, he'll be hard to sit Sunday, even against a tough Jets defense.

20. mc4saints

mc4saints New Member

This a big blow for us at LT. Our 3rd string LT is not too bad. If he is not cutting it, I am sure we will be using a tight end over there to help chip at the DE. This will limit the Saints offense a little, which is good news for the Jets :(

Thomas will play and get a full load. We will not see bell again until after our bye in week 5 at best.

#60 mc4saints, Sep 30, 2009