Jets vs. Saints - Keys to the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Sep 28, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You forgot 'lol'.

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Holla!

/filler

3. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Whoops my bad I'll edit that in.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If they are both out it could be a long day.

5. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

With Sheppard there it wont matter. We abused Sheppard plenty of times. And it wont change Sunday, especially if you guys blitz and leave him on a Island...

6. GreenMachine

The only CB left on an Island is Revis. Try and throw on him.

7. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

God Saints fans are freakin' cocky for winning three games against three mediocre at best teams. That's not to say we aren't cocky, and we haven't beat the greatest teams, but this ass Breesus is on here saying the Jets are gonna get their asses handed to them early?

The Saints are a damn good team, but you're not Super Bowl bound yet, and this is gonna be one great game coming up. I woulnd't be surprised if either team won a nailbiter.

8. Puddinhead

Puddinhead New Member

"The only CB left on an Island is Revis. Try and throw on him."

If they leave him isolated on Colston, I'm sure we will. Brees pretty consistantly throws to Colston when he's "covered" because he says he trusts him more than any receiver he's ever played with (which includes Antonio Gates, remember) to be able to get the ball wherever it's thrown. Meaning if the defender has perfect inside position and has the route covered, Brees will put the ball high and well behind Colston, trusting him to pivot that big body in full stride, position it between the defender and the ball, and reach back with those long arms and pluck the ball from the air. He's a beast in the red zone because of this ability. He had some problems being the Marques Colston of his first two seasons last year after breaking his thumb early; after he came back he couldn't seem to snag the ball as cleanly with those big mitts. That all seems to be behind him this season, though, and he looks to be back in form.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

You do realize that whenever we blitzed, nobody has been able to burn us, including Brady/Moss, and Schaub/A. Johnson?

10. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

We will have to many open recivers if you guys blitz. The best team who have shown blitzing all these years are the Eagles. And they were talking just like you all. This is what the Eagles were saying. WE GONE PUT THE PRESSURE ON BREES, WE GONE SEND THE HEAT, WE GOT ASANTE SAMUELS, WE THE BEST. And guess what they messed up when they blitzed. They left Shockey open, Bush open, and then Colsten ended up open because the defense got fustrated and they tried to send the house. And we put 48 on them. I HOPE YOU GUYS BLITZ SO WE CAN SPREAD YOU GUYS OUT WITH 5 WIDE AND HAVE A FIELD DAY!!

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I would love to see that. Maybe he'll get a couple of good plays, but Im sure Revis will make him pay a couple of times as well. Did u not see how much trust Brady had in Moss and how he was picked off, then his trust went down the toilet and couldn't even reach Moss on a fourth down play while covered by Lowery?

12. VG56

VG56 Banned

I don't see the Jets being able to win this game... I hope I am wrong, but this is the kind of game that the Jets are going to have to be able to run the ball. I have no confidence in our running game this year....

We were shutdown for 3 quarters in the Houston and NE games, and shutdown for 4 quarters by Tennessee...

Right now we need to get something going running the football.

13. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

Wow I did'nt know Houston shut down you guys run game. So basically you all will have to rely on the pass???? WOW!

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Last time we sent the house, Collins got rattled. Before Collins got rattled, we sent the "whole block" on Brady, and he got rattled. Even before that, we sent the "Band of Lunatics" on Schaud, and he pissed in his pants. What makes u think Brees will all of a sudden become a God?

Be realistic. U will never put up 48 points on this D. Never. But it will be a high scoring game, yet a close one. Brees is good and so are the Saints, but these Jets ain't a walk in the park either, literally shutting down two of the top 3 offenses in the game.

15. Tolan

Tolan New Member

:rofl::rofl:ROFL:rofl::rofl:

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

SaintsMan, chill with the caps lock - its makes your posts look retarded.

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

If I were you, I would be careful. U are now trolling. 190 rushing yards against Houston is shutting down? Since when?

18. SAINTSMAN

SAINTSMAN New Member

1) Collins Suck and he's no Brees only in his dreams!
    2)Brady is not the same. He was even terrible against the BILLS, so dont feel special! He was also missing targets in there win against Atlanta. And people is questioning IS BRADY THE SAME?
    3) Brees LOVE the BLITZES! I LOVE THEM BECAUSE HE WILL THROW 3 STEP ROUTES. JUST ENOUGH TO SUCK THE BLITZ IN AND GET IT AWAY TO SHOCKEY!
    4) THE EAGLES SAID WE WILL NEVER PUT 40 ON THERE D AND WE PUT 48! AND THERE D IS WELL KNOWN OVER THE NFL , UNLIKE YOUR D IT'S IN A NEW SYSTEM!

19. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

Exactly! He may be thinking about Jones having 14 yards on 12 attempts, or something along that. But in football, if you keep hammering it, good things will happen. And it did happen. All 190 yards of it.

20. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Our D is in a new system and currently ranked 3rd in the NFL. So point 4 is irrelevent.

Ryan plays a lot of delayed blitzes so good luck on point 3.

Brady scored 25 on that Buffalo team you think is so good and we held the Pats to how many points? There goes point #2

So basically all you really have is Collins is not Brees.

Drew, meet David. David please try not to kill Drew. No wait, by all means kill Drew.