17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

Something to add about the height issue. I had field passes yesterday before the game and walked down the ramp to the field. I'd say it's a good 15 feet maybe more below ground level. I didn't see any ramps below ground for the field at the new place. I also noticed that we have one level of suites at the current stadium. We will now have 2 and we will now be higher but I don't think it will be as high as everyone says in the upper deck. Pushed back further by a lot? Yes Higher? yes but not as high as all are predicting.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Interesting, true enough people need to compare the level of the field, not just the top of the stadium

3. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

It makes prefect sense... Its the ONLY fair way. If you want them to check credit scores that's fine by me.

4. GordonGecko

What exactly does that mean, a guy with high seniority but a crappy location gets to pick 30% of a seat today and another 30% after the 50-yard line guy picks his?

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Woody had to use seniority, screwing the guys that are pre 77 would've been just right out wrong.

It has to be based on seniority, there is no other way to do this.

Credit Score??? Then woody would've really gave it to the common man. Sorry but that is ridiculous, oh sorry you can't be a Jet fan your credit score isn't high enough, lol.

Those who can will, those who can't, well can't.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Credit Score

I said Credit Score because you are financing very expensive PSLs. If Jets turn sour and you have financed PSLs for 15 years the people with low credit scores will walk away and destroy the secondary market pricing. And Jets will raise ticket prices to cover losses. Back in 1987 to 1990 in NYC coop boom coops let every broke person buy coops then when coops crashed in 1991 these folks walked away. In 1992 the foreclosures distroyed coop values and insult to injruy the people remaining has their maint raised as the deadbeats stopped paying their share of maint. If Jets sell tons of nothing down PSLs for 5-20K on financing they are settting everyone up for a another subprime type meltdown.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Gordon it means when they call the 2003 people this week it wil be buy senority and then seat price. First call will be the person in Front Row club and last call will be plazza corners. The guy in plazza corners could have picked first in 2003 and still be called near end. However, there is a flaw with this. The person who was number one on waiting list in 2003 would have had to pick the worst seat when he was called. Also that same person for the last six years would have had to refuse to move to a better section

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think this is based on the assumption that the NY Jets are holding the paper. That's probably unlikely. My guess is, the Jets have a lender or lending institution (bank, finance company, etc.) that they're working with and as such, they get all their PSL funded up front. If anyone walks away from the financial obligation, the bank or lender takes it on the chin, not the NY Jets. I highly doubt the Jets are holding their own paper.

Under this scenario the Jets wind up smelling like a rose, because they simply resell the PSL at full price again.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm going to get together what I can in the next week or so and send that. Something tells me they won't cancel me if it takes me a while to get the full $1,000 in, as long as I send a good deposit. I agree though, it will make it easier in the spring. If we buy playoff tickets and don't host a game again we'll be even further along. Sad that this has become almost an annual ritual, but it does give us a down payment on the following season.

Are you also going to be in 333?

10. Section 227. Row 5

I'm in 342, on the same side of the field as you but on the other side of the 50 at about the 20 or so. We'll probably be parking in the same parking lot. I live in Middlesex County, so parking in that southwest parking area works for me because I can jump onto the TP heading south from there after the game.

11. Italian Seafood

I come in from the north, a back entrance from 120. I park in the outter lot and I cut through an industrial park for a quick exit, tailgate in lot Y. It's a real long walk to the stadium but worth it as we get out fast. Also, it's so far away that the new construction and all hasn't affected our route or parking/tailgate situation at all.

12. Namath12

Namath12 New Member

What's left for non-PSL seats?

I am supposed to be called by the Jets on Friday. I am not paying PSLs. I'm trying to get a handle on whether there will be any non-PSL seats left by Friday and, if so, how bad are they likely to be? Can I expect anything better than end zone seats on one of the highest rows?

Thanks for any recent info.

13. GordonGecko

There will be plenty of non-PSL seats available. Lots in the end zones, and some in the sideline wings

14. Section 227. Row 5

While you're waiting for someone to respond to you concerning the latest available seats that the Jets are offering, print out my post #2960 on page 148.

Hopefully someone will respond who has just gotten off the phone with some freash info. Then, arm yourself with a pencil and paper and the seating chart in front of you and do some serious analysis of where you want to sit (realistically, you're probably talking very high rows in corners or mid-to-high rows in EZ now), but at least you'll be ready on Friday when the ShamWow-selling little twirp calls you.

15. Italian Seafood

As of yesterday morning they had uppers with no PSLs available, but mostly upper rows, "sidelines" but close to the corners and end zones. I took a "sideline" but about on the goal line, high up, near the corner. There were different corners of the stadium available, along with the end zones.

#3155 Italian Seafood, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  16. Section 227. Row 5

There you go, Namath. Pick a corner that gets you to your car the fastest and work on that section when Bob Barker calls you.

17. jetfan29

jetfan29 New Member

I think they'll give PSL buyers first crack at those unsold seats on a game basis so they can take friends.....leftovers will then go to the public.

18. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

anyone hear fireman ed this morning on wfan.. he bought 2 endzone psl seats... thats what he said

19. Namath12

Namath12 New Member

Thanks for the updates. I suppose I can try the top of the stadium for a year and see if it is worth it. (I travel almost 3 hours each way so the idea of watching the games on my flat screen is becoming more appealing, but there still is something about being at the game.)

20. GordonGecko

Knowing how the Jets operate, they'll distribute a general presale code to the PSL holders to do exactly that