Notes from Rex's 9/28 presser

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Sep 28, 2009.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

k.smith with a rookie qb pretty much allows the d to sellout on the run,same for mcnabbless eagle..jackson ave 4 a clip last week.don't overrate your d at best you guys are the 06 colts.just enough d to compliment that offensive machine

2. Greengal19

Greengal19 Member

:eek:hmy:

Where is the he/she button for that video? The video is all wrong if you if you are female!

3. tucsonsaint

tucsonsaint New Member

Guys, please look up stats from this year before you end up looking like Philly and Buffalo fans. This NO D can play....................are they great? NO, but Gibbs is gone and that in itself is a major upgrade.

4. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I want to see Shonn Greene play so badly.

The one bad thing about this awesome 3-week span has been the lack of Greene. Fuck TJ, Leon and Greene compliment each other so well.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Will the Saints fans please stop hijacking every thread?

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Most likely line of logic: If the guy who lead the AFC in rushing last year and our most explosive offensive player cannot get any yards then what is the point of putting in the unproven rookie in?

If this is what he's thinking then he has to be worried about Greene fumbling the ball. Hopefully he gets some touches against Saints.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Eric Smith isn't the first major fuckup Mangini incurred, nor will it be the last. He ran out Vilma, then made a sure bust out of Gholston. Need I go on?

8. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

He's inactive.

9. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

This.

What the fuck's the point of having a trash talking forum when we're forced to read excrement from NO.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I think most of us Jets fans don't give enough credit to the Saints D. It doesn't take long to score for their offense so their d has gotta be out there for longer than average time, and they're still top 10 D in pass and rush, 10th overall in yards allowed. Those 3 offenses are not bad. That being said I still think we'll score around 17-21. I just am worried Brees will be brees.

11. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

This is not a copout. How many 3rd RBs get touches? If we give Greene more touches, that means less touches for Leon and I am NOT ok with that. If anything, Greene can take some carries from TJ.

12. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

I definately think alot of you are underestimating NO's D, especially on the run. I think unless our Oline and TJ step it up alot this game it's going to be slow going on the ground. To be honest I wish they gave Leon alot more or stop trying to run TJ up the gut every 1rst down.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

1. One team that I can think of does this with regularity: The Ravens. I think the fact that we traded up most of our remaining draft to get Greene, and that our HC came from the only team that utilizes all three backs on a regular basis probably led a lot of people to believe (myself included) that Greene's split of carries would be about even with Jones and Leon like the Ravens had it with McGahee, Rice, and McClain.

The Giants did something similar last year with Bradshaw, Ward, and Jacobs. The main difference here being that Ward and Jacobs got the majority of the carries while Bradshaw played mostly mop-up duty in the 5th quarter.

2. Actually, no it doesn't. BTW, way to disprove your own argument one sentence later.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a TOTAL COPOUT. He says that in the same presser where he states that the identity of the team will be the ground game? Really?

Teams that preach the running game and rely heavily on defense do it all the time. The Giants won a Super Bowl rotating 3 backs. The Ravens did last year. Rex says he plans on having the most touches at runningback this year.

If he does it with 2 backs, it will mean that Leon is most likely injured at the 3/4 point of the season and TJ fishes it up behind the LOS way too much. If the identity of this team is going to be the running game, the runningback that we pretty much traded the entire day 2 of this year's draft for should probably put his hands on a football at some point.

15. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the quote from Bart Scott that you can't worry about playing time, pride, and all that crap. You just go out there every day, every practice and play like its your last opportunity. When you're hungry you have 2 choices....you can eat or starve. Obviously Bart decided to eat and it looks like Eric Smith has too. I'll chalk this up to another positive intangible from #57 Bart Scott.

:jets: