Jets vs. Saints - Keys to the game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Exactly. Keeping a top 3 offense OUT OF THE ENDZONE seems pretty ass whooping, besides the fact that Brady litterally got asswhooped.

2. Breesus

Breesus New Member

Well when a team still has a chance to tie the game late in the 4th I wouldn't call that an ass whooping where I come from. What I would call an ass whooping is what will happen October 27th at 1500 Poydras St., New Orleans, LA. If this game was in NY you would have a decent shot. But in the Dome it will get ugly early. I like the Jets, just not this week.... Take the Saints minus 7pts for easy money. That way at least your Sunday won't be totally ruined.

3. GreenMachine

You saints fans remind me of Colts fans. If a team does not throw up 28 points, they fail.

The number is 2.

Repeat that...

The answer is the number of touchdowns allowed by the Jets Defense in 3 games.

The number is ZERO.

The number of touchdowns allowed to passing first teams.

4. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

The number is ZERO.

The number of touchdowns allowed to passing first teams.

Ummmm. The Saints are the number one rushing team in the league.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I just played Jets-Saints in Madden and the Jets won 45-17. I didn't think the Jets could put up that many points, but I guess they will on Sunday since it occurred in Madden.

6. Tolan

Tolan New Member

If your so confident they're gonna win sunday you wouldnt have created an account on the opposing teams forum just to keep convincing yourself as to how good your team is, the truth is your nervous about the game, and you know there's a really good chance the saints could lose, so why don't you just leave us be. Btw, one of your wins was the lions, im not sure you want to be bragging about putting up tons of points on a team that won 0 games last year, and has the worst pass-D in the NFL.

7. Tolan

Tolan New Member

Lol why dont you try running, chris johnson had a great day didnt he?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

As good as he is, Brees is another of those midget QBs at 6'0". I would think that gives Ryan a lot of ideas on how to pressure him.

9. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

how about stopping screens to reggie bush? that edelman guy did a decent job on those screens, and bush is a whole world better.

10. Tennessee Saint

Tennessee Saint New Member

Our screens have been full of FAIL this season so I dont think you'll see many.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I think I saw Reggie Bush's face on the side of a milk carton this morning.

#31 MBGreen, Sep 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  12. Greencoloredglasses

Greencoloredglasses New Member

Confident much? :wink:

13. The_W

The_W Banned

Great insight! :rofl: :up:

Seriously there is no chance in hell our offense puts up that many points on the board. Atleast a third would have to come on defense & ST.

14. Atopps

Atopps Member

wow, I did not expect this to become a trash talking thread between jets and saints fans..

I also really appreciate all the one sentence replies, like "Keys to the game: win". Maybe all this media coverage lately and all the hype has just saturated this forum with idiots, or maybe I just expect too much.

Thanks to those that actually took it seriously though.. I'm just really psyched about this game and wanted to point out what I thought would be important for the Jets to win a game where the cards are clearly stacked against them.

I'll be perfectly honest, if we can keep it close into the 4th quarter, do not count the Jets out. If the saints open up a 14 point lead early, I do not see the Jets having much of a shot. Nobody is sleeping on the Jets anymore now that they are 3-0 and I'm sure Sean Payton has something up his sleeve.. he is a very good coach. I just hope Rex Ryan has a response and will continue to be able to make masterful 2nd half adjustments as they have all season long. Just really looking forward to this.

15. tucsonsaint

tucsonsaint New Member

I'm just hoping for a great game by both. Obviously I want a win but that is going to be awfully hard to get against the jets.

16. tucsonsaint

tucsonsaint New Member

Can some Jet fan post a breakdown of the units on your team and how you think they compare to the saints? I always appreciate reading the opinions of real fans.

17. Saint Smack

Saint Smack New Member

That and stop the run. The Bills did a pretty good job shutting down Brees, but then the Saints won with the run. Pierre Thmas had 128 yards in the second half alone (he didn't play the first half because he had the flu and was receiving IV's). Being that the Saints lead the league in rushing yards, I think the keys for the Jets would be:

1. shut down Brees w/ pressure

2. contain the saints running game

3. Establish a running game that will eat up a lot of the clock

Its very hard to accomplish both 1 and 2. My question is, do you think the Jets have a better chance shutting down Brees' targets, or shuttin him down with pressure? The Saints O line so far has done a good job protecting Brees, and Brees has lots of targets to throw to.

18. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

If we can take out half of their offense then we're in good shape. It'll be a tough accomplishment, though.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Like we did with Brady, make Brees throw on the run. That should prevent him from going deep.

We can contain Thomas in my opinion. I think Shockey might be a major target this week, since it is likely that Revis will man up Colston. Short in routes to Gage worked against Revis yesterday, and since Colston is big but not that fast, I think the Saints might employ a similar strategy to keep him involved.

I think their D might be the softest we have faced. They are decent up front but I think their secondary might be vulnerable. We really need to get the running game going though or else it could be a game where Sanchez has to carry the offense.....we might have to put up a lot of points, so let's hope we can get the play action working.

20. Megazord2012

Megazord2012 Banned

E. Smith would probably be a good match to try and cover Shockey.