Jets Making Statements

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Gregg Williams is leading that Saints defense into respectibility. He has a great defensive mind.

2. nyjrkm06

nyjrkm06 Active Member

Calvin who? i totally forgot ou best pass rusher is missing. damn we have a nasty d

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

even if the Saints defense shows up next week, they still arent as good as the defense we just played, and I don't think they are as good as the defense we played last week either!

We can dominate the saints defense, but the OL has got to show up and dominate the LOS and allow us to run the football like a dominate running team that we were a year ago.

We really need to do what Miami did last week to Indianapolis. Keep Brees off the field and control the clock. Against our defense, Brees and co. will find it hard to establish a rythm and their defense will fold like a cheap suit if they are on the field for 37+ minutes next week....

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

if we do what miami did to indy we will lose...cuz didn't indy win?

5. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Can they, is the question.

6. steelerblackandgold

steelerblackandgold New Member

New Orleans is a one trick pony. Remember my friend a good defense always shuts down a good offense. I for one wouldn't be surprised to see the Jets steal this game from New Orleans in New Orleans.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

This statement affirms everything that is wrong with the state of education in America.

Hey genius, don't you understand that people judge you on the way you write?

Write like a moron and you'll get treated like one. Write with complete sentences, proper punctuation, and make some attempt to sound literate and people will take you seriously.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

he means controlling the clock. obviously i our offense is going to have the ball for an extended period he would be assuming we put up more points than the awful offense in miami.

9. TurkJetFan

i dont understand how people don't seem to realize this.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I agree, and not because I'm a homer. The Jets have the 3rd rated D in the league and they've gotten to that spot convincingly. They can score, but Buffalo held them to 27, so it might be possible the jets can hold them under 20, which is a winnable game for the the Jets O.

11. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Good luck running the football.

If there is ANY aspect of our defense I am supremely confident in, it's our Run D. Our D-line has 3 first round picks, and we are 5th against the run. We've held VERY good RBs to very little yards. Last year this crew held Adrian Petterson to less than 40 yards on 17 carries. This year, we're giving up an average of 65 on the ground.

Our defensive secondary is getting the job done too, #1 in interceptions.

And yesterday, GW just unleashed his blitz package. I have NEVER seen the Saints D play like they are this season, watch out.

12. TurkJetFan

i think the jets can win this game..i'm not saying the saints shouldn't be taken seriously becuase they definitly can win. but i do think that if we look at it in reality, they haven't played the best teams out there....that also says to me that they might be out to make a statement of their own beating the jets. so this game is going to be really interesting. i'd love to be 4 - 0 going into the miami game though

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Ummm...that would be a snack for him, not lunch :jets:

14. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

yeah the Saints can score some points, and rack up some yardage for sure. Avg 40ppg is pretty damn good, even if it is only 3 games in. If we can hold them under 20, I'm pretty damn sure it's a winnable game. I just can't see Sanchez battling it out in a scoring frenzy and coming out on top. Who knows, he shows more every week, but I'm pretty sure he ain't there yet.

15. TurkJetFan

totally agreed....if this turns into a shootout the jets will not win the game...sanchez definitly isn't ready for that....its absolutely imperative the jets establish the ground game in this one. they HAVE to control the clock....if the saints control the clock we could be in for a long day

16. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry..but I have to write this. You guys are tearing apart posters for misspellings. Some people struggle with spelling. Should they sit in a corner and watch posters like you that do not capitalize the first word in a sentence?

This righteous "I'm a good speller" shit and you are not is kind of annoying. I read the guys post and understood his point. Perhaps its the people that cant understand it that have the problem?

Oh..and you did not spell the bolded letters above correctly either.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Let's not forget special teams everyone, we have had some excellent field position due to our special teams, it's just a matter of putting up points after having a short field to work with.

18. realitybias

realitybias New Member

d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y.com/

=D

19. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't know why, but that word just doesn't seem right when u say it.

Oh Vilma. I almost forgot, he has 2.5 sacks in his last 5 seasons. But I'm sure he can get a couple in the next game against the lousy Jets OL that has already allowed 4 sacks in the first 3 games alone.

It will be a good match up, but don't expect to rattle the Jets offense and get get a few picks like u did against Stafford, Trent, and Kolb. Seriously, who did u guys beat so far that you're flying so high? A team that hadn't won in 14 months, a team playing with a backup QB, and Dick Juran's pathetic Bills? OK.

20. realitybias

realitybias New Member

Vilma isn't as big on sacks as he is on heavy hitting tackles int he backfield. He's just another part of our run stuffing.