Fireman Ed accepts gameball today on behalf of Fans at JETS Facility

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsMan7, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think it's a nice gesture. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Fireman Ed, giving it to him is a symbol for giving it to all of the fans at the game.

2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

ed said

I was never a huge Ed fan after meeting him at the Grasshopper in Carlstadt after a game once. He was out of his mind. I actually thought he was coked up, and he was hard to talk to about real football stuff, but check out this from a Yahoo article today. Ed did two things right - he shared the credit with the rest of us, and he was given the chance to address the team, and tried to fire them up - from us!! Way to go Ed. I'd want to do the same thing, as many of us would. Ed got that chance, and he ran with it. Read on. It begins with a quote from Rexy.

?He wasn?t the only fan you would notice, but I don?t know the names of everybody else,? Ryan said. ?I?m sure there was Fireman Joe and everybody else out there. It was great because they?re our fans and we decided it was a little token of our appreciation to give him a game ball.?

Anzalone was also able to briefly address the men he cheers for.

?He was great,? Ryan said. ?He was all fired up. He?s expecting a lot of wins, as are our fans, and he said this is only the start and our guys understand that.?

Anzalone, who usually wears a No. 42 Bruce Harper jersey to games, was included in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?s Hall of Fans in 1999.

?Their passion is as great as mine is,? Anzalone told the team?s Web site of Jets fans. ?There?s no difference. I?m just blessed to be able to lead the orchestra, to get them crazy.?

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

we have been over it a hundred times why fireman ed is a douchebag.

my thing is the dipshit doesnt realize when to do his little chant. he never does it at a time when it really makes a difference. he tends to do it at least once a game while we are ON FUCKING OFFENSE! honestly lets not be loud and cheer while our qb is trying to get a play and call it on the field. thats a fuckin dipshit move.

another thing is you have all these douchebags waiting for ed to do the chant. they have no fucking clue how to make noise at a football game they simply sit there waiting for their cheerleader to get up on some dudes shoulders. this was far from the case this past week, however in the past it has always been an issue.

it really wasnt that loud, i know everyone has a hardon for themselves but seriously guys it wasnt that loud and could have been much louder. it still took people coaxing others go get them to stand up and cheer.

were not in high school anymore. really does someone need to feel special by getting a game ball?

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

:rofl: This HAD to get quoted a 2nd time.

6. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

100%

Murrell2878, do you go to games?

7. SnakeTom

SnakeTom New Member

I can't understand the complaints about the Fireman. I guess some of us just love to bitch about everything under the sun. Personnally I hope he gets the game ball again this week. That would mean WE WON. And thats a hell of alot more important than who got a ball.

Tom K

8. Ryan

Ryan Banned

Think he has to pay for a psl?

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow some real whiners in this thread....

I don't give a shit if the guy is an ass, he is a great fan and has been for a long time. The other point I want to make is this guy risks his life to save some of you posting on this board everytime he shows up for work. I'm not saying suck his dick for it but at least consider that he isn't some exceutive asshoel who got Jet tickets as a tax write off.

10. GreatSwamp

GreatSwamp Member

honestly, some of you guys are pathetic. just let fireman ed do his chant because the crowd might still be loud without him but there is no way the whole stadium does the JETS chant in unison without him.

11. jetzfan

jetzfan Member

I agree with Greatswamp..Ed leads it and it works better than anyone else who tries. I just hope my voice holds up as it hasn't recovered from last week yet.

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No.................................or even for his game tickets.

13. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Lots of Ed hate. Who knew? I don't get the anger but oh well. I like that the team realizes how important it is for fans to get into the game and that we're not just the team's ATM machine.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

While I agree it was a nice gesture, I just want to clear some things up. Ed is not a working class guy. He retired from the NYFD. And before he retired, I don't think he was working much. Second, a "super fan" doesn't take years off. I've had tickets for 30 years and have had two knee surgeries during that period, wrenched backs, illnesses, etc and I never take a game off, let alone a whole season. And I'm sure I'm not alone. That includes all the bad years too, like 89, 95-96, 03, 05, and 07!!! And the noise in that stadium, which was the loudest I have ever heard, had nothing to do with the JETS chant. It was constant, it was smart (because it was mostly when the Pats had the ball -hint to Fireman Ed) and it was ramped up on 3rd down. The JETS cheer is great because it is unique and it the fans signature chant, but the noise was much much more than that. The game was 3:15 long and there were about 5 JET chants. The credit should go to the noise for the other 3 hours, not dead ball cheers.

I agree it was a nice gesture to actually give the fans the ball through a representative. I just don't like the representative and based on what I know, there are 20-30,000 Jets fans in that building every game that are more deserving than him. And it's not whining. It just is.

#54 Joe Willie White Shoes, Sep 26, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

FYI it's FDNY

16. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Not from the games I'm seeing on tv. I can hear the chant loud and clear in the background and to be honest, the times they've shown Ed, he's just been cheering like any other fan. The chant goes on without him necessarily being on camera

17. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

what you see at home is different from what they show on the jumbotron at the stadium. I think he was referring to that when he said on camera.

18. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Ahhh, point taken.